Westside Gunn puts Esso and nikkas like him in they place Jay Elec to Griselda???.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
First time i saw gunn he was wearing one of these

il_794xN.3027744392_phmh.jpg

Anything to stand out i suppose. Musta been the leaner years before he could afford designer.
To his defense people forget that this has always been a thing in hiphop, at least NY or really in the whole world.

There will always be a couple of cats that just wanna be ahead of time, once in a while they manage to be ahead of time on something that everyone will rock next year.

Some do it on a large scene like Ye, P, Pac, Rocky and Travis. Some a small scene like Gunn

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
To his defense people forget that this has always been a thing in hiphop, at least NY or really in the whole world.

There will always be a couple of cats that just wanna be ahead of time, once in a while they manage to be ahead of time on something that everyone will rock next year.

Some do it on a large scene like Ye, P, Pac, Rocky and Travis. Some a small scene like Gunn
The only problem i have with the “ahead of his time” thing with that jacket is because i used to hang out with a crew of kids who dressed like this in 1998-2003. The proto type punk rock look

In fact a LOT of what gunn does is cribbed by rock that he co opts as his own. The renassaince art covers he does (which ive seen people say he set the trend of) was already a trend in black metal for decades.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A bootleg version of the real thing?

Thank god itll never happen

If i hear rae and ghost over daringer or griselda producers over legends they sposed to use like large P and premier, id be seriously mad

Griseldas whole style is late 90s/early 00s lox over bootleg 95 beats.

Everytime wu uses producers theyre supposed to, the albums are fire. Its been a while since they did that, but thats because of budget issues/samples and age. They kinda all retired per say.

Meth did an album with havoc that was sposed to drop 2 years ago. Rza just did an ambum with dj scratch that was dope. He has a new akbum dropping in next couple weeks.

Griselda producers would have to do what they did on the shady release, and imo that was even worse than the boring ish daringer did normally.

To be honest, the beats Denny Laflare did last year for Griselda were more similar to 90's RZA than I heard in years. I could hear 95 Meth over a couple of those.

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
these nikkas need chill with the socials or hire a PR agent cuz they doing way too much online..

they also need to start strategizing and avoid oversaturating the market with too many releases.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Most people who think theyre smarter than everyone sre usually the dumb ones. So have fun with that.

Wu tang and griselda arent even the same league. How yall drop 50 projects and NOT have ONE 5 MIC ALBUM?not have ONE SINGLE that pops?

50 projects released through the internet selling 10k copies max

Vs

50 projects all from major labels that sold in the hundreds of thou to millions

How it is even debatable is prolly cause of forum nerds like you i assume; cause these guys have NEGATIVE buzz in the real world. Hence why wutang members 30 after the fact are twice as popular as griselda in their prime.

Lmao at wanting daringer over rza true master dj scratch large pro premier pete rock etc…

Cause daringer boy… you must love that white boy rhythm.

Tical, tical 2, bob digi 1 and 2, ghost dog, odb return and nuh please; gza beneath the surface, pillage, bulletproof wallets, the w, heavy mental, killarmy 1st, gravediggaz 2, sunz of man, la the darkman

>

ANY griselda album.

I wont even talk about the 5 micers
From King To A God was a 5 mic album to me. TT3 and Flygod are considered that level by many. GDMM could have been, but sample clearace forced changes. Still 4 to 4.5 easy. Better than the bolded.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
To be honest, the beats Denny Laflare did last year for Griselda were more similar to 90's RZA than I heard in years. I could hear 95 Meth over a couple of those.
My guy, this dude clearly does not know who Denny Laflare is. He still thinks Daringer is Griselda's go to producer.

Most people who think theyre smarter than everyone sre usually the dumb ones. So have fun with that.
For some know it alls yall dont know shyt
The irony :deadrose:

If you think Preem and Extra P are really making better beats than Alchemist, Madlib, Camo Monk, Denny Laflare or Conductor Williams you're out your :flabbynsick: mind. But I know really you just aren't even familiar with Griselda like that and you're just talking out of your ass.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
The irony :deadrose:

If you think Preem and Extra P are really making better beats than Alchemist, Madlib, Camo Monk, Denny Laflare or Conductor Williams you're out your :flabbynsick: mind. But I know really you just aren't even familiar with Griselda like that and you're just talking out of your ass.

Your naming al and madlib like they got on working with griselda.

They both already WORKED with wutang and been part of the production team for new projects for years.

Madlibs first major label production feature was ghostface lmao. Al worked with multiple members for 20 years. Ghost previewed a new al joint during his rae versuz of supreme clientele 2.

Lemme guess they biting griseldas style, doing what they did 20 years ago… al and madlib are the two most popular underground raw producers in the genre.. their sound isnt exclusive to griselda.. lmao

Gtfoh man its you whos clueless about this shyt.

Alchemist and madlib… lmao!

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Your naming al and madlib like they got on working with griselda.

They both already WORKED with wutang and been part of the production team for new projects for years.

Madlibs first major label production feature was ghostface lmao. Al worked with multiple members for 20 years. Ghost previewed a new al joint during his rae versuz of supreme clientele 2.

Lemme guess they biting griseldas style, doing what they did 20 years ago… al and madlib are the two most popular underground raw producers in the genre.. their sound isnt exclusive to griselda.. lmao

Gtfoh man its you whos clueless about this shyt.

Alchemist and madlib… lmao!
What is your point? That's who WSG currently works with, and so most likely who he would have producing for Ghost and Rae if he executive produced their album.
But you said it, bro.
Have fun, my guy. :salute:

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
Word even Math was like chill bruh and doubled down he been couldn't stand them nikkas ain't nobody going that hard for Flex bruh moments like this make me miss Kay Slay.
Charlamagne wanted all the smoke with flex...got attacked and chased :russ:never gave them dudes that drop