Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris (Discussion Thread)

calh45

Cal
Daps
Benny & Conway of COURSE rap better.... WSG will tell you that ... but West just puts projects together so fukkin’ good. That’s the difference. These nikkas are special

I listened to the whole album by accident. Just flowed through it while cleaning the house and didn't realize it. It's a clean ass project.

W.I.Z.E.

Wise poster
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Dope beats but I can't cosign it overall. Gunn is a weak rapper to me. Hearing Conway and Benny on a couple tracks makes this feel so maddening because they murdered their verses....I wanted to hear them on every track. Likewise Roc and Gibbs were dope. Wale was dope. Tyler too.

couldn’t agree more, after one listen I pretty much skips WSG’s verses.

Conway >> Benny >>>>>>WSG

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
You're onto something with Ross and I'm not even a fan. But WSG has a vision and I can no longer front on that. He will end up executive producing someone's album and it will be a classic
I think I heard him say he’s going to get into more of that after he stops rapping. I know he’s exec producing Boldy James’ next album.

Supposedly WSG has exec produced a lot of the Griselda releases. Not all of them but many of them.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I heard him say he’s going to get into more of that after he stops rapping. I know he’s exec producing Boldy James’ next album.

Supposedly WSG has exec produced a lot of the Griselda releases. Not all of them but many of them.
He did Reject 2 and Tana Talk 3 and those are obviously considered the Griselda holy grail along with his stuff

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On first listen I think Hitler 7 was better. This is still good but 7 had stronger production. I like how Gunn doesn't discriminate with features and gets rappers who aren't street and let's them cook.
Disappointed in that Primo beat:francis:

Anybody thinking Gibbs bested Roc:martin: