Were you a Super Nintendo kid or a Sega Genesis kid?

Which console did you stan?

• Super Nintendo

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Sega Genesis

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Genesis does….nintendon’t :stopitslime:
FTFY

I had both but if you had asked me, I would have told you I was a Genesis kid all the way. Especially once I got Street Fighter on the Genesis with the 6 button controller. That was all I needed. Not to mention that the original MK had the blood code but only on Genesis. That was proof that the Genesis was better. LOL.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
ya idk why I didn’t buy the PS1 right away…I think maybe the games were too expensive or something and I had just started my first job…and by that time genesis games were mad cheap…I ended up getting PS1 a year later once I found out how to copy game discs :lolbron:
Every game system I got when I was a kid was either around Christmas or birthday. The first joint I bought out my pocket was PS2. I paid about $500 after I got a few games & DVDs. I didn't give a shyt about prices until the 360 came out and all the new shyt was $60+ lol.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny, one of the selling points of the playstation 1 was how cheap the games were compared to nintendo. Nintendo 64 was still selling games from 60-80 dollars, and playstation games were like 40

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Both. Have owned every major console since I came out the womb (or my dad did). Y’all was on fanboy shyt that far back???

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Genesis seemed kind of bootleg. Like look at how MK looked on SNES vs Genesis. Turtles In Time on SNES vs The Hyperstone Heist on Genesis.

Nintendo took an L with the original Mortal Kombat (no blood :hhh:), but they came correct with MK2 and UMK3. IMO the second and third games played better on Nintendo.

Turtles in Time was also definitely a much better game than Hyperstone Heist.
Snes RPGs >>>> Sega’s RPG lineup
(Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Lufia 2:lawd: )

Streets of Rage 1-3 >>> the SNES Final Fight games though.
I’ll also put X-men 2: Clone Wars ahead of Mutant Apocalypse since the Sega version had 2 player co-op and additional characters (Nightcrawler and Magneto).

Daps
Reppin
Greenwood, MS
Super Nintendo had so many classics. Super Mario World 1 & 2, Super Metroid, A Link To The Past, Donkey Kong Country Trilogy, Killer Instinct, F-Zero, Gradius 3, Super Scope 6, and etc. Sega Genesis was cool, but it wasn't fukking the Super Nintendo in my opinion.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Funny, one of the selling points of the playstation 1 was how cheap the games were compared to nintendo. Nintendo 64 was still selling games from 60-80 dollars, and playstation games were like 40
cartridges were expensive to make

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Both. Have owned every major console since I came out the womb (or my dad did). Y’all was on fanboy shyt that far back???

My parents worked to keep the bills paid and food on the table so when it came to me asking for video games and shyt like that it was either Christmas or birthday, one system or the other. Idk what type of household you grew up in but my ppl wasn't just buying me everything I asked for all the time.

KRayner

All Star
Daps
i didn’t have a system
my cousins on my dads side had a nintendo
my cousins on my moms had the genesis

best of both worlds :blessed:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
My parents worked to keep the bills paid and food on the table so when it came to me asking for video games and shyt like that it was either Christmas or birthday, one system or the other. Idk what type of household you grew up in but my ppl wasn't just buying me everything I asked for all the time.
I mean, there is a birthday and multiple holidays every year…from what you just said, that means you could have got one on your birthday and one on Christmas. Believe me, I didn’t just get anything I wanted either