Were you a Super Nintendo kid or a Sega Genesis kid?

Which console did you stan?

• Super Nintendo

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Sega Genesis

Votes: 33 47.8%

• Total voters

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
SNES…

My lil cuz had a genesis so I played that every weekend…streets of rage and eternal champions was my shyt

Daps
Reppin
NULL
SNES. it’s still the GOAT console IMO. :ohlawd:

Chrono Trigger, Super Mario All Stars/World, Final Fantasy, A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Turtles in Time, Castlevania 4, Contra 3, Megaman X 1-3, Super Metroid, Yoshi’s island, ActRaiser, Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG, Lufia 2, Breath of Fire 1-2, Secret of Mana, etc.

Not needing a special controller to play Street Fighter 2 with 6 buttons :blessed:

And that’s not even covering the Japan-only piff we never got… games like the SFC Dragon Quest games, Terranigma, the Fire Emblem games, Gundam Wing Endless Duel, Front Mission Gun Hazard, Live a Live, Seiken Densetsu 3, and the Super Bomberman sequels. GOAT system :banderas:

Shout outs to SEGA though, they had heat. :salute:
Phantasy Star 4, Gunstar Heroes, Shining Force 1 and 2, Streets of Rage, Sonic :wow:

The 16-bit era might be the GOAT generation
for video games… the PS2/GameCube/Xbox/Dreamcast era is the only other gen that’s really up for debate.

Last edited:

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My parents always got me a sega and i had sega tv which was gamepass before gamepass making me the coldest kid on the block

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
SNES. had friends with the Genesis though, so I played a lot of the games

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Super Nintendo was the home of the RPGs, including the greatest game ever, Secret of mana, had to squab with some knee grows at school over Final fantasy 2 (4) because my dumbass allowed myself to be talked into trading FF 2 for final fight. Then them niccas stole my game boy out my locker because some nerdy white kid knew my combination and got mad at me because I knew his locker combination because I had his locker from the year before and told him ( Im so dumb) and because I made fun of him for having tiddies in gym class.

:childplease::dame:but back on subject, super Nintendo also had Sim city and Populus which were great, I found Populus in a bargain bin at an old bookstore on Peachtree battle back in the day.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I was barely 4 but I had the second version of Sega Genesis. Lion King, Sonic, Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat :ahh: I never cared for Nintendo or their games.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I was a sega genesis man.

I didn’t own one til about 98/99 :lolbron:

By '98 - 99 I was already on the PS1. By late '96 going into '97 I was tired of the Genesis by then b/c I had about 30 games and had beat all of them. Then I would end up renting at least another 2 games from Blockbuster Video on the weekends on top of that.
aint no way we could afford both. I went from NES to Genesis
The same. I went from NES to Genesis after I didn't have shyt to play after my Nintendo kept going out. That's why I asked my parents for Genesis instead of SNES. Also it was one gaming system or the other wasn't no asking for both.

Back then I thought sega had the better graphics. Looking back on it. I was wrong
SNES had the better graphics but Genesis had the better games. I think the only thing SNES had over Genesis as far as games were TMNT and certain wrestling games.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
By '98 - 99 I was already on the PS1.

ya idk why I didn’t buy the PS1 right away…I think maybe the games were too expensive or something and I had just started my first job…and by that time genesis games were mad cheap…I ended up getting PS1 a year later once I found out how to copy game discs :lolbron: