We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
What's funny is that there are people that I know who argue me that this team can compete next year with just adding a healthy Conley (whatever that looks like) and a top Rookie to this squad

This roster is fukkED... there is no way this team has a chance unless they come off of at least one of the large contracts and use that money to get depth with legit NBA players.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Man haven’t been keeping up with the squad at all. Got invited to go to a game in a suite a few weeks ago. Suite was :lawd: but the whole shyt was :flabbynsick: trying to hold on to grit n grind I didn’t know none of the players really lol. They better figure something out soon cause the Tigers with Penny will soon take over the forum again.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
@Barry Sanders @Keengcong @thaKEAF @bxrfan

Devin Booker said this was his last year of not making the playoffs.

This years pick for Devin Booker. Would you do it?

Not like the Suns would give Booker up, but I wouldn't mind that at all. Would this scenario involve finding a way to keep Evans for next year too? Conley, Booker and Evans would be a great perimeter trio, with just the right mix of shooting, ball handling and playmaking.

I'm really saying this though because I have no faith that Wallace and the front office will draft wisely

Edit: Didn't realize Booker only had one year left on his deal. That'd put a lot of pressure for next year to be successful because otherwise he's not gonna re-sign

Last edited:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
@Barry Sanders @Keengcong @thaKEAF @bxrfan

Devin Booker said this was his last year of not making the playoffs.

This years pick for Devin Booker. Would you do it?

One year rental? Nah

At this point I want to use the pick to somehow get rid of Parsons contract. Cause between Pera, Gasol, Wallace I have no faith in them grooming a rookie star.

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Not like the Suns would give Booker up, but I wouldn't mind that at all. Would this scenario involve finding a way to keep Evans for next year too? Conley, Booker and Evans would be a great perimeter trio, with just the right mix of shooting, ball handling and playmaking.

I'm really saying this though because I have no faith that Wallace and the front office will draft wisely

Edit: Didn't realize Booker only had one year left on his deal. That'd put a lot of pressure for next year to be successful because otherwise he's not gonna re-sign

One year rental? Nah

At this point I want to use the pick to somehow get rid of Parsons contract. Cause between Pera, Gasol, Wallace I have no faith in them grooming a rookie star.
Booker is a RFA after next year, and he's up for an extension this summer, so keeping him around wouldn't a problem.

In terms of Tyreke, it may cut into a bit of the MLE money, but I don't think it'd have that much of a difference.