We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
I actually think that as long as JaMychal comes back this team is better than last years on paper....it remains to be seen how much of an impact losing VC, Z-Bo and Tony will have on the team's intangibles however

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
I actually think that as long as JaMychal comes back this team is better than last years on paper....it remains to be seen how much of an impact losing VC, Z-Bo and Tony will have on the team's intangibles however
I'm with you on this. Thing is, there's so many question marks on this roster. If even half of those get answered(specifically Chancun), then this could be a 50-win team.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Lotta questions for Fizz to answer...

Who is the starting PF?
Who is going to rebound/box out?
Who is going to be a threat to score in the paint?

Grizz about to go from grit/grind to the softest team in the NBA

I'm going to miss their style of play. Now they got Gasol out at the 3 point line shooting 3's :smh:

Barry Sanders

Barry>>>
Daps
Reppin
Silverdome
The Houston Rockets selling for $2.2 billion has other owners considering their options. That includes Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is looking to sell at the right price and timeline.

But the first team to be sold could be the Memphis Grizzlies.

A couple of minority owners have the rights to make an offer on the team this October and it’s possible primary owner Robert Pera may take it. Pera owns 30 percent of the team, the most of any minority owner (making him the primary owner), but Steve Kaplan and Daniel Straus have the rights to make an offer for the team, something broken down by ESPN back in 2016 and updated recently by The Ringer.

At that time, Kaplan and fellow minority owner Daniel Straus, an East Coast health care magnate and the team’s vice chairman, have an option to make a bid for controlling interest in the team at a price of their choice, sources said. At that point, Pera would have two options: buy out Kaplan and Straus at that named price, or sell his shares to them based on the same valuation. Control of the decision ultimately would rest with Pera.

Kapan and Pera have had a feud, which is part of this. The agreement set up between Pera and Kaplan/Straus back when Pera bought the teams says that Pera either needs to sell his shares to them at the price Kaplan/Straus set or buy them out, based on their percentage of that valuation. Pera is a largely absentee owner at this point who could turn a healthy profit selling his share.

There are 20 owners of the Grizzlies — including Justin Timberlake — all with a minority share, Pera just has the largest. Kaplan wants his own team, he was part of a group trying to buy both the Hawks and then the Timberwolves. This is his chance.

How much are the Grizzlies worth? Forbes estimated $790 million (their estimates are notoriously off), but based on what Forbes valued the Rockets at vs. what they sold for, the Memphis number is probably close to $1 billion. Pera owns 30 percent of the team, so we are talking around $300 million. If Kaplan bought the entire 30 percent, he would own a little more than 44 percent of the team.

Right now the Grizzlies are a profitable team, largely because the community has bought into with the “grit & grind” style and attitude and filled the building. However, while the team has retained Marc Gasol and Mike Conley, it has gotten older and will be in a fight to make the playoffs this season. A rebuild is in its future, which could impact future income and the sale price.

It’s all just something to watch. One way or another, there will be some movement in the Grizzlies ownership next month.

Something to watch: Grizzlies minority owners buying team next month

Pera might be gone. Anyone with info on Steve Kaplan and Daniel Straus?

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Lot of things up in the air for this franchise

Owner situation
Past his prime allstar center
Changing of play style
Coach that loves to make controversial comments
Handful of players injured/coming off injury
Starting PF still not signed
Log jam at the PG position

Trade deadline could be real interesting round here if the Grizz aren't looking like contenders in the standings. Baldwin/Harrison/Daniels/Wright should definitely not be shopping for permanent housing situations.

At least Evans being able to play the 1-3 positions gives Fizz hella flexibility on the perimeter. That small ball lineup with a potentially healthy Parsons at the 4 is gonna be fun to watch.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Sources: T. Allen, Pelicans agree to 1-year deal

Officially the end of an era. I'm kinda torn on how I feel about Tony's legacy in Memphis

On one hand he did a lot to build the culture of the Grizzlies and was great defensively, but on the other he got to have way too much influence for being a role player and had the team playing 4 on 5 on offense when the Grizz could've seriously competed for a title

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Sources: T. Allen, Pelicans agree to 1-year deal

Officially the end of an era. I'm kinda torn on how I feel about Tony's legacy in Memphis

On one hand he did a lot to build the culture of the Grizzlies and was great defensively, but on the other he got to have way too much influence for being a role player and had the team playing 4 on 5 on offense when the Grizz could've seriously competed for a title
Good riddance. Good energy role guy who thought he was more than that. Never improved his offensive game. Sat out of games when he was disgruntled. I'm not sad to see him go.

holidayinn21

Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX