We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It's not true on the still being in great position. But anything is better than just memes at this point
Why do you disagree? I thought your season was done once Clarke went down, he is a huge part of this team and it showed. I can still see them revisiting the OG trade. This is still a top 4-5 team in the West going forward

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Why do you disagree? I thought your season was done once Clarke went down, he is a huge part of this team and it showed. I can still see them revisiting the OG trade. This is still a top 4-5 team in the West going forward

This is still a top 4-5 team in the West going forward

Don't think that's worth watching

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Tough tough series but they needed it. The front office and the players. Front office sat on their hands in the off-season. Even with Clarke and Adams playing, our rotation of wing players is not up to par for a championship contender. We got Brooks, Zaire, Konchar and Roddy. No serious team would have any of them in rotation. because you have good young players doesn’t guarantee anything, our window could close easily. To go out 40 in an elimination game :scust: unfortunately I have to damn near agree with the rest of the league on us being front runners. Talk too much..Ja and Jaren shrunk big time on the road when the pressure was on. Bane and Tillman were the two MVPs of the series they get a pass. :camby: I don’t wanna hear shyt about Tyus being starter quality, package him and let another team see if he is because he wasn’t even backup quality this series. Our mental makeup looks weak as hell. Our offense looks like some shyt from the early to mid 2000s era.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Tough tough series but they needed it. The front office and the players. Front office sat on their hands in the off-season. Even with Clarke and Adams playing, our rotation of wing players is not up to par for a championship contender. We got Brooks, Zaire, Konchar and Roddy. No serious team would have any of them in rotation. because you have good young players doesn’t guarantee anything, our window could close easily. To go out 40 in an elimination game :scust: unfortunately I have to damn near agree with the rest of the league on us being front runners. Talk too much..Ja and Jaren shrunk big time on the road when the pressure was on. Bane and Tillman were the two MVPs of the series they get a pass. :camby: I don’t wanna hear shyt about Tyus being starter quality, package him and let another team see if he is because he wasn’t even backup quality this series. Our mental makeup looks weak as hell. Our offense looks like some shyt from the early to mid 2000s era.
Those guys should have already been moved by now if we’re being honest as Memphis has made the mistake that a lot of other teams do in hanging on to assets for too long.

In the Jones, he's needed on the roster with Ja's reckless style of play unless they have someone in the wings that can take his place.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Those guys should have already been moved by now if we’re being honest as Memphis has made the mistake that a lot of other teams do in hanging on to assets for too long.

In the Jones, he's needed on the roster with Ja's reckless style of play unless they have someone in the wings that can take his place.

I specifically remember you and I saying this last year in the observation thread but we were met with resistance from folks talkin about “nah MEM got a core let them cook.”

We could see this situation coming a mile away. Said the same thing about ATL in 2021.

Might be deja vu with the Kings depending on how this playoff run goes.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Had to change the title

Pathetic. Some soul searching from everyone involved, especially Jaren. That was a dog performance for the 2nd year in a row

Between Ja/Jackson and Don/Mobley, I don’t know which undersized chucker and tristian thompson with a green light duo disappointed me more this post-season.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I specifically remember you and I saying this last year in the observation thread but we were met with resistance from folks talkin about “nah MEM got a core let them cook.”

We could see this situation coming a mile away. Said the same thing about ATL in 2021.

Might be deja vu with the Kings depending on how this playoff run goes.
In the Kings case, the only real young asset that they have outside of picks is Murray. The problem that they're going to run into is that they're going to come to the same realization about Sabonis as good as he is that Kevin Pritchard did and why he was willing to move him for Haliburton in the first place. Really good player, but not a truly elite big man.

The Grizzles got too confident in their drafting and were willing to let depth walk and think that they could easily be replaced with young players as there's no way that players like Roddy and Williams are even ready to compete in the postseason. If I were them, I’d shoot for the stars in asking about Bridges although the price now has gone up too likely having to include Banes in the deal.

As good as I think that someone like Mobley will be, even I didn't believe he is post season ready as he's still a project on offense and can be bullied by bigger defenders at times.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
FB-IMG-1677640532338.jpg
:pachaha:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
Between Ja/Jackson and Don/Mobley, I don’t know which undersized chucker and tristian thompson with a green light duo disappointed me more this post-season.
I thought Jaren was ready. He looked the part in Game 1. That was fools gold

He's a 3rd option until further notice. He needs so much work on his game. AD bytched throughout the series

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Mobley was getting punked Nah

I'm not on the same hype wagon for either Mobley or Jackson like others are. I do like Jackson a little more because even though they both deal with shoot first guards, Jr can actually shoot and plays with slightly more conviction offensively when he does get the ball (tbf he's 2 years older).

But they're both a bit too raw offensively and can get passive/punked a bit too easily. Maybe they make remarkable improvements in their offensive games in the next couple years and become the big men versions of Kawhi and Jimmy... or maybe their ceiling is simply a more glorified DeAndre Ayton, aka great defensive players who are best served as 3rd options on title teams.

They got time on their side.