We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Been seeing his name alot. I like it but can be play the 3 consistently? Thought he was more of a 4.
I need to watch more tape of him, but he’s like a tweener. Think he’s best at the four, but honestly this team has to get used to playing without Adams because he won’t be here forever. A Grant/Jackson front court would be able to switch like crazy. Either way we need to try to pay Grant

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I need to watch more tape of him, but he’s like a tweener. Think he’s best at the four, but honestly this team has to get used to playing without Adams because he won’t be here forever. A Grant/Jackson front court would be able to switch like crazy. Either way we need to try to pay Grant

How much would we even have? The MLE?

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Just peeped Brooks was making 11.5 basically each year, Grant is more in that 18-22 mil per year range. I wouldn’t mind a Josh Hart either, this dumbass FO should have kept Melton imo. If we start looking at options to trade Adams I’m not mad eirher, this team needs more older voices and scoring options

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just peeped Brooks was making 11.5 basically each year, Grant is more in that 18-22 mil per year range. I wouldn’t mind a Josh Hart either, this dumbass FO should have kept Melton imo. If we start looking at options to trade Adams I’m not mad eirher, this team needs more older voices and scoring options

I think they’ll definitely unload Tyus 14m expiring so that could help.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
I think they’ll definitely unload Tyus 14m expiring so that could help.
Tyus is cool I’d miss him, but when he actually is coming off the bench he’s not all that lol. When he starts he plays way better. I wanna off load off both Adams and Tyus, Cam Johnson will also be available. 27 year old shooter with finals experience

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
P
I specifically remember you and I saying this last year in the observation thread but we were met with resistance from folks talkin about “nah MEM got a core let them cook.”

We could see this situation coming a mile away. Said the same thing about ATL in 2021.

Might be deja vu with the Kings depending on how this playoff run goes.

You need multiple near hall of fame level players to win in this league. So unless a small market team can acquire one they not really playing the same game as everybody else. I mean if multiple first round picks can't get you og anouby and Mikhail Bridges what's even the point. Might as well just play good during the regular season and hopefully get a few playoff games for revenue.

Daps
Yeah no clue why they let Melton go. Perfect fit for the team need.