We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Daps
Reppin
Chi
How do y'all feel about Jaren Jackson Junior? Would you say he has a higher ceiling than Ja?

I like Jaren’s ceiling but he won’t ever be better than Ja…Ja is a straight up dog and Jaren just doesn’t have that aggressive streak. JJJ had 5 points tonight on 2/12 shooting. He’s got to be shooting like 25% from three the last 4 weeks and he shoots far too many of them.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I like Jaren’s ceiling but he won’t ever be better than Ja…Ja is a straight up dog and Jaren just doesn’t have that aggressive streak. JJJ had 5 points tonight on 2/12 shooting. He’s got to be shooting like 25% from three the last 4 weeks and he shoots far too many of them.

I’m starting to think that it’s a Lakers/AD type situation of where JJJ just doesn’t want to play the 5 full time.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Ja gunning for All-NBA 1st team :banderas:

Nice of Jaren to show off his potential tonight too :jawalrus:

The mentality is really what separates them in my eyes. I believe Jaren's ceiling can be higher than Ja's but I don't know if he'll ever reach it. He seems very content with his role whereas Ja is a natural go-getter and leader

Last edited:

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Ja gunning for All-NBA 1st team :banderas:

Nice of Jaren to show off his potential tonight too :jawalrus:

The mentality is really what separates them in my eyes. I believe Jaren's ceiling can be higher than Ja's but I don't know if he'll ever reach it. He seems very content with his role whereas Ja is a natural go-getter and leader

m0Li_J.gif

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Ja is definitely the better player of the two, but if Jaren had Ja's mindset he'd be averaging 25 and 10 being a threat from inside and out while also being the teams best defender :manny:

:mjlol:

Jaren wouldn’t average 10 rebounds in a junior high school league. It’s not just mindset he doesn’t fundamentally know how to play especially for his size. Just watch his posture and way he moves his body. He is always bent over like he is hiding in the tall weeds waiting to pounce like a cat. We need him to be big and a deterrence not hiding baiting people to come his way.

:snoop:

he isnt that guy… it’s ok he is a nice kid but he is limited. He doesn’t understand the game. He LOOKS like he would be a great hooper but it’s not in him. He is like a Great Dane that grew up in a pack of lap dogs. He wants to float and be like a 7ft SG but has zero handles. When he drives to the lane he either falls or gets ripped. He has no interest in being a guy like Giannis snarling and growling going to impose his will on the other team. He is shooting 6 3’s per game at a 31% clip… as a 7footer.

On defense he has no idea how to be in position to affect the game. He is usually the biggest man in the arena and you look up and by the end of the possession he is overly aggressive closing out on a shooter and ends up standing 30 ft away from the rim. Some guys have magnetism to the ball/action and some guys always seem to magically be away from it looking at teammates like you got it. JJJ doesn’t WANT to be in the middle of the dust cloud where the action is sticking his chest out wishing a nikka would. He is a guy that wants surprise blocks from behind and wants to poke the ball out from guys slashing as they blow past him.

JJJ has physical talent but he has the bbiq of a 15 year old grinding his 2k myplayer to be a shot blocking spot up shooter but no attribute points to level up his 3’s. He will look like an all NBA player when them terrible formed jump shots fall but it’s fools gold.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers

Jaren wouldn’t average 10 rebounds in a junior high school league

As soon as I typed that I was like maybe I should've said seven or eight :lolbron:

I actually agree with a lot of your post, the game still comes so hard for him at times. He's got stretches where he looks like he's figured it out and follows that up with clunkers like against the Nets. His injury setbacks are why I'm still hopeful on him but this might just be who he is; it's frustrating because he's got the tools to be more

Daps
Reppin
Chi

Jaren wouldn’t average 10 rebounds in a junior high school league. It’s not just mindset he doesn’t fundamentally know how to play especially for his size. Just watch his posture and way he moves his body. He is always bent over like he is hiding in the tall weeds waiting to pounce like a cat. We need him to be big and a deterrence not hiding baiting people to come his way.

:snoop:

he isnt that guy… it’s ok he is a nice kid but he is limited. He doesn’t understand the game. He LOOKS like he would be a great hooper but it’s not in him. He is like a Great Dane that grew up in a pack of lap dogs. He wants to float and be like a 7ft SG but has zero handles. When he drives to the lane he either falls or gets ripped. He has no interest in being a guy like Giannis snarling and growling going to impose his will on the other team. He is shooting 6 3’s per game at a 31% clip… as a 7footer.

On defense he has no idea how to be in position to affect the game. He is usually the biggest man in the arena and you look up and by the end of the possession he is overly aggressive closing out on a shooter and ends up standing 30 ft away from the rim. Some guys have magnetism to the ball/action and some guys always seem to magically be away from it looking at teammates like you got it. JJJ doesn’t WANT to be in the middle of the dust cloud where the action is sticking his chest out wishing a nikka would. He is a guy that wants surprise blocks from behind and wants to poke the ball out from guys slashing as they blow past him.

JJJ has physical talent but he has the bbiq of a 15 year old grinding his 2k myplayer to be a shot blocking spot up shooter but no attribute points to level up his 3’s. He will look like an all NBA player when them terrible formed jump shots fall but it’s fools gold.

reasonable points and I agree. How can he break out of of this both in mindset as well as positioning and being more physical? Does he want to?

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
As soon as I typed that I was like maybe I should've said seven or eight :lolbron:

I actually agree with a lot of your post, the game still comes so hard for him at times. He's got stretches where he looks like he's figured it out and follows that up with clunkers like against the Nets. His injury setbacks are why I'm still hopeful on him but this might just be who he is; it's frustrating because he's got the tools to be more

To be honest I really like the kid and I hate to be the guy that hands out a lot of excuses… but some of that really isn’t his fault. He doesn’t seem to have been developed.

In college he wasn’t allowed to be the guy…. I don’t even think they let him start. They just threw him out there sporadically and let it come to him, because Izzo knew he wouldn’t be there long. He blocked shots because of natural god given ability but had no idea what to do. The threes in all honesty were just probably luck.

As a rookie he played more in the paint and I thought we had a baby KG on our hands…. Then injury. 2nd year … new coach and injury. Third year etc etc etc. He hasn’t been broken down to get rid of all the bad habits and taught how to be a proper big man/leader of grown men.

The Grizz franchise have been too busy trying to win and make sure they don’t move to a different city. The Bucks took Giannis as a skinny clueless kid and poured everything they had into making him the whole team with no worry about winning. Jason Kidd deserves a lot of credit for forcing the ball in Giannis hands and letting him feel the pressure on his shoulders to bring the ball up as a point guard and all of that wild shyt he was doing. Unfortunately JJJ didn’t come pre packaged like Ja as the guy that knows what it takes to say it’s my fukking show and everyone else needs to help me or get out of the way. Having other solidified big men on the roster hasn’t helped him they and essentially stunted his growth and let him settle into being a big ass wing. He should have been learning how to play with his back to the basket and how to orchestrate a defense and clean boards. Even in his training/workout videos he is running on the break working on fast breaks and pulling up transition jumpers working on being some kinda perimeter highlight making player.

JA’s dad made him into an animal and gave him zero excuses. Ja has giant holes in his game where he makes pull your hair out of your head mistakes but he has a desire to say I’m gonna figure it out and it doesn’t matter who is on the other team I’m going to run through a brick wall to get a win tonight. The bigger the name on the other team the harder Ja is going to play.