We're not fine the 1st round smh. 2022-2023 Memphis Grizzlies OffSeason Thread

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Soooooooo... what’s the plan for next season?

Trades?
Free agents?
Lineup changes?
Draft?

I’m not confident in building a team around JJJ. His health is starting to possibly be an issue.

Ja is becoming a super liability on defense.

JV could be a good trade bait piece but he is the most consistent player on the team, even if his style isn’t ideal for getting up and down the floor.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Soooooooo... what’s the plan for next season?

Trades?
Free agents?
Lineup changes?
Draft?

I’m not confident in building a team around JJJ. His health is starting to possibly be an issue.

Ja is becoming a super liability on defense.

JV could be a good trade bait piece but he is the most consistent player on the team, even if his style isn’t ideal for getting up and down the floor.

They remind me of current Sacramento in that they have a lot of good young talent, but not that one franchise cornerstone. The one thing working in JJJ favor is that he’s younger compared to his other peers from that 2018 draft class, so he still has time to figure it out.

That Boston is likely conveying over this year unless the odds are in their favor with the #1. It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a young, disgruntled superstar out or in free agency that could be a difference maker for them.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
They remind me of current Sacramento in that they have a lot of good young talent, but not that one franchise cornerstone. The one thing working in JJJ favor is that he’s younger compared to his other peers from that 2018 draft class, so he still has time to figure it out.

That Boston is likely conveying over this year unless the odds are in their favor with the #1. It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a young, disgruntled superstar out or in free agency that could be a difference maker for them.

Oladipo
Lavine
Wiggins and a pick
Levert
Aaron Gordon

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
nice win. they could get 2 more if these top teams sit out their main guys. allen has been a damn flamethrower; love his heart/hustle and shot selection, but he deserves more offensive usage. i feel like they're featuring brooks to get a team to bite on trade. good thing they didn't overpay him.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
Is Josh Jackson hurt or they’ve just given up on him?

they didn't pick up his option, he plays boneheaded/low IQ too much for a guy who's been in the league a few years. doubt they sign him. great game from brooks, looked more under control than usual. love allen's game, under control, hits damn near ever floater, spreads the floor for morant. he never takes a bad shot.

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
Proud of our guys to make it into the play in despite all the injuries we've faced and the daunting schedule

It's also hilarious how mad folks are about the Grizz getting in the play-in. Maybe those other teams should've played better earlier in the season like we did (looking at you Phoenix) :umad:

Last edited:

btd623

All Star
Daps
I’d make a run at Oladipo next offseason eventhough he will likely choose elsewhere. The other players you mentioned I wouldn’t really consider difference makers or franchise cornerstones.

How is Oladipo a difference maker? The pacers were better without him.

He had one good season and reverted back to his old ways.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
How is Oladipo a difference maker? The pacers were better without him.

He had one good season and reverted back to his old ways.
These statements are actually not true, Pacers are much better with Oladipo, they were a top 3 seed with him last year and then when he got injured fell off and struggled to 46 wins