Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug:Never found it that scary.

And I never found the exorcist scary so let's cal it a draw and lean on the people

stadium-bane.gif

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Never effected me breh. Even as a kid it never really did it. Then when I got older I looked at it more about a crisis of faith movie than a possession movie. Had more resonance with me that way
I noticed you didn't vote for The Shining either. :ufdup:Explain breh. Those twins were scary af.
o-THE-SHINING-facebook.jpg

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I noticed you didn't vote for The Shining either. :ufdup:Explain breh. Them twins was scary af.

Same thing..has never scared me. Much like the exorcist breh, I respect the hell out of it but I voted for movies that had some type of effect on me. Halloween was the first movie to scare the crap out of me just by the music alone I was afraid to walk around in my own house. Scream had a big impact on me not just from scaring me but also as a kid it opened my eyes to being able to do anything with a horror movie or with a movie in general and as an adult I appreciate the writing. Paranormal Activity is the last movie I can truly say that scared me and one of the best theater experiences I've ever had. Psycho..no need to explain.

Nightmare on Elm St made me afraid to sleep for a couple days after the first time I saw it and I love the fact that sleep is the thing we normally do to get away from stuff, to live to fight another day, that kinda thing. Nightmare says nah breh, there is no getting away from this. The only way to get away from it is to stay awake and you can't do that or you'll go insane or worse. The Haunting creeped me out in college because it was all subtlety and all left to the imagination. Nothing they could've shown would've been worse than what I imagined. Suspiria is just a great movie to look at and has, what I think, is probably the best opening of a horror movie ever. The Thing creeps me out because again, inevitability and it plays on something we all can relate to: lack of trust. It's not always easy to trust people because who knows what type of shyt they're up to. The Thing plays on that beautifully and also on the fear of disease being spread and not a damn thing you can do about it. When it comes to Jaws, I still don't go into the ocean at the beach so there's that. And Texas Chainsaw Masscare scared the crap out of me as a kid because it seemed so real and, like halloween, seemed like it could happen. Same with Jaws and Psycho and Scream.

With the shining, it didn't connect with me and a lot of that is Kubrick's style to be detached which is fine and I respect the movie and like it but if I'm talking about my top 10 in horror, I gotta go with stuff that had an effect on me and the shining didn't. Great movie, has some bugged out stuff in it but it's never scared me and never made me look at the world differently. Each of the films in my list made me question something about the world I'm in, look at it in a different way, or just make me look over my shoulder while I'm walking down the street or in my own house.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Very good final list however for me Scream is nowhere near a top ten horror movie. def the weak link, many better films. but overall great list. props everyone.

Why not breh? It's a scary movie, and next to Saw, it's probably the most influential horror flick of the past 20 years and it revived horror at a time where it was dead on a mainstream level.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Why not breh? It's a scary movie, and next to Saw, it's probably been the most influential horror flick of the past 20 years and it revived horror at a time where it was dead on a mainstream level.
I can see why it would make the list. the satire is great, the violence is good, the first scene of course. the twist is decent. but whenever its on i dont have an urge to watch it. maybe cuz it seems played out. but yeah, i can see why its in the top ten. :patrice:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I can see why it would make the list. the satire is great, the violence is good, the first scene of course. the twist is decent. but whenever its on i dont have an urge to watch it. maybe cuz it seems played out. but yeah, i can see why its in the top ten. :patrice:

I think it's because it became iconic so damn quickly and a lot of times when that happens, the movies become less scary. The more that's written about them, the more they're analyzed and dissected, we can see the strings. And I also think because it's a mystery, once you know the twist it's not always easy to sit through it on multiple viewings but it does hold up

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just gotta replace Scream with Black Christmas

I don't think enough people have seen Black Christmas on the site which is sad but it's also the way this works. Although I feel like I need to defend Scream now. It's a landmark flick, not to say Black Christmas isn't but its influence was co-opted by halloween which isn't fair but it's what happened. Scream is possibly the best horror flick of the 90s (which isn't saying much I guess) and it rejuvenated horror and spawned a long list of imitators but never lost its legacy or place in history. Smart killers, smart satire, smart characters who still fall for the horror tropes even with knowledge of them, and all of it works. Scream's impact is still felt till this day breh.