Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
1. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
2. Nightmare on Elm Street
3. The Shining
4. The Thing
5. Alien
6. Halloween (1978)
7. Jaws
8. Scream
9. Salem's Lot
10. Evil Dead 2

Honorable Mentions
The Exorcist
Day of the Dead
Phantasm
Videodrome
Return of the Living Dead

Videodrome, Phantasm :obama: Damn great film right there too...

This thread just started and we got people making some really great picks :salute:

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
:lupe:

Highkey having a harder time with this than my action movie list. :unsure: Might swap some shyt around towards the end of the poll...

1. John Carpenter's: The Thing
2. Alien
3. Repulsion
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. Suspiria
6. The Birds
7. Audition
8. The Terminator
9. Let Me In / Let The Right One In (I like both equally, but, if it's an issue, Let Me In gets it)
10. Poltergeist

Honorable Mentions:

- À l'intérieur - Inside: One of the Goat Home Invasion movies :blessed:. French Extreme / New Wave.

-Possession (1981): More of a drama, but I enjoyed the fukkery...a lot. Had me like :dwillhuh: multiple times.

-Maniac (remake): Although the motives behind the antagonist aren't the greatest, the story does have a message (or rather pokes a lot of fun at a certain stereotype). The cinematography is :ohlawd:.

-Coraline: If you haven't seen it...:ufdup:. Part of me hesitates to call this a pure kid's film (more of a family movie), but that's ultimately whom it was aimed at. That said, it can be enjoyed by all ages. It's a bit of a genre-mixer with mystery elements that play out like a detective thriller, with lots of horror imagery, set in a haunted house setting. Certain kids might not think much of seeing shyt like the souls of three dead children being trapped in a dungeon with no food or water, or living people having buttons sewn over there eyeballs, etc... Cuteness aside, the movie is:demonic: as fukk friends.

-Fright Night (remake - 2011): But I heard it's a remake...and fukk remakes!:camby: This movie is awesome. Colin Farrell plays an absolutely conniving, vindictive, a$$hole of a vampire.:banderas: The characters are likeable, nobody is being dumb on purpose, and it's comedic elements are pretty fun. Cool ass movie.

Speaking of Psycho. There is a scene that scared me way more than the knife in the shower. That shyt with the old Resident Evil Director's cut camera angle (I know Hitchcock came first). Hitchcock was on one with that bullshyt. lol

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
:lupe:

Highkey having a harder time with this than my action movie list. :unsure: Might swap some shyt around towards the end of the poll...

1. John Carpenter's: The Thing
2. Alien
3. Repulsion
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. Suspiria
6. Audition
7. The Birds
8. Psycho
9. Let Me In / Let The Right One In (I like both equally)
10. Poltergeist

Honorable Mentions:

- À l'intérieur - Inside: One of the Goat Home Invasion movies :blessed:. French Extreme / New Wave

-Possession (1981): More of a drama, but I enjoyed the fukkery...a lot. Had me like :dwillhuh: multiple times.

-Maniac (remake): Although the motives behind the antagonist aren't the greatest, the story does have a message (or rather pokes a lot of fun at a certain stereotype). The cinematography is :ohlawd:.

-Silence of the Lambs: If you haven't seen it...:ufdup:

-The Terminator: Arnold kicking in the door waving the 44 was way scarier to me than them goons that walked around with knives(:beli:).

Speaking of Psycho. There is a scene that scared me way more than the knife in the shower. That shyt with the old Resident Evil Director's cut camera angle (I know Hitchcock came first). Hitchcock was on one with that bullshyt. lol

Yea, Possession is lowkey a masterpiece of mental breakdowns, infidelity, and schizophrenia...its truly a crazy fukking movie that I love as well. Great pick there.

How do you feel about the Maniac OG version?

And thank you to everyone that read the OP and is doing a HONORABLE MENTIONS and detailing why its an honorable mention :salute:

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
Yea, Possession is lowkey a masterpiece of mental breakdowns, infidelity, and schizophrenia...its truly a crazy fukking movie that I love as well. Great pick there.

How do you feel about the Maniac OG version?

And thank you to everyone that read the OP and is doing a HONORABLE MENTIONS and detailing why its an honorable mention :salute:

Plenty of scenes to choose from, but I swear I had the same face he had when this scene was over:

The way her eyes follow the camera as she's pushing that poor child to self destruction...:merchant:. A mix of :birdman: and :demonic:.
Poor kid...:mjcry:. She'll use that hate to grow into the Black Swan.

I couldn't give an honest opinion on Maniac OG, since I haven't seen it in forever. I'll revisit it this month and compare them.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Plenty of scenes to choose from, but I swear I had the same face he had when this scene was over:

The way her eyes follow the camera as she's pushing that poor child to self destruction...:merchant:. A mix of :birdman: and :demonic:.
Poor kid...:mjcry:. She'll use that hate to grow into the Black Swan.

I couldn't give an honest opinion on Maniac OG, since I haven't seen it in forever. I'll revisit it this month and compare them.

The first reveal of her "lover" had me like :damn: and the final scene I was like :whoanow::kathuh::hartwtf::sadfavre:

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. The Exorcist
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. The Shining
4. Halloween
5. Psycho
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. Nightmare on Elm Street
8. In the Mouth of Madness
9. The Wicker Man
10. Scream

Honorable Mention:

Poltergeist
Let The Right One In
Wolf Creek
Cabin in the Woods
The Exorcist 3 (the most overlooked horror movie ever IMO)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. The Exorcist
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. The Shining
4. Halloween
5. Psycho
6. Rosemary's Baby
7. Nightmare on Elm Street
8. In the Mouth of Madness
9. The Wicker Man
10. Scream

Honorable Mention:

Poltergeist
Let The Right One In
Wolf Creek
Cabin in the Woods
The Exorcist 3 (the most overlooked horror movie ever IMO)

:whoo: good pick breh

Hugs

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk
1)The Shining (1980)
2)Inland Empire (2006)
3)Videodrome (1983)
4)John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)
5)Halloween (1978)
6)In The Mouth of Madness (1995)
7)House (1977)
8)Prince of Darkness (1987)
9)Scanners (1981)
10)Lost Highway (1997)

Honorable Mentions:
Eraserhead (1977)
Romero's Dead Trilogy (1968, 1978, 1985)
Mulholland Drive (2001)
Dressed to Kill (1980)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
1)The Shining (1980)
2)Inland Empire (2006)
3)Videodrome (1983)
4)John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)
5)Halloween (1978)
6)In The Mouth of Madness (1995)
7)House (1977)
8)Prince of Darkness (1987)
9)Scanners (1981)
10)Lost Highway (1997)

Honorable Mentions:
Eraserhead (1977)
Romero's Dead Trilogy (1968, 1978, 1985)
Mulholland Drive (2001)
Dressed to Kill (1980)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

That's a lot of Lynch breh :whew:

You figure they're all horrors? :patrice: