Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea it was def a top 10 experience on first viewing, but the replay value is minimal. I'll admit since watching it I now curl up in my blanket at night to prevent ghosts from moving them around and I watch my bedroom door to make sure it doesnt move. I would have put it in mine, but really part 2 and 3 have some good scares as well.

Yeah I'm going off of initial experiences because none of the movies on my list "scare" me anymore. Halloween is my fav horror movie of all time and I think it's the greatest but it doesn't scare me at all, so most of my stuff is based on the initial viewing. Halloween scared the shyt out of me as a kid, just the music alone. Jaws still has me shook to go into a body of water, The Haunting made me afraid to walk down the stairs in my house, Nightmare had me afraid to go to sleep, Suspira just amazed me, Texas Chainsaw unnerved the fukk out of me on first viewing, Psycho had me afraid to take a shower

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:heh:Thats the main reason why I refuse to watch Psycho. It got me scared of taken showers after seeing that one scene.

Breh for the sake of this list and this month, you should just bite the bullet. It's a movie you have to see and know as little about it going in. The fact that the movie just in that one scene can scare you into not getting clean breh says a whole lot about it

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Breh for the sake of this list and this month, you should just bite the bullet. It's a movie you have to see and know as little about it going in. The fact that the movie just in that one scene can scare you into not getting clean breh says a whole lot about it
:yeshrug:It's on my to watch list. Don't hold it against me if I chicken out though. I've been traumatized for long enough already with only seeing one scene. Poking my head out of the shower every 2 minutes to make sure no one came into my bathroom isn't fun.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:yeshrug:It's on my to watch list. Don't hold it against me if I chicken out though. I've been traumatized for long enough already with only seeing one scene. Poking my head out of the shower every 2 minutes to make sure no one came into my bathroom isn't fun.

:russ: I feel you breh. I know exactly how you feel. Just make sure to stay clear of this thread when we start talking about it because you know there won't be spoiler tabs

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'm gonna pull a @MartyMcFly and pick films that resonated with me as a kid or creeped me out rather than overall quality

I'm not a huge horror movie fan so i might miss some.

1. Poltergeist (made me afraid to watch TV)
2. Scream
3. The Exorcist (scared me so bad as a kid i refused to watch the full thing until last year :heh:)
4. The Blair Wich Project ( i thought it was real as a teen)
5. The Shining
6. Nightmare on Elm Street
7. Jaws
8. Child's play
9. The Blair Wich Project
10. The Ring

Honorable Mention:

IT- ( fukked with me as a child cuz i saw clown ghosts in this haunted house we lived in. Later found out it was on an indian burial ground (of course)..true story brehs

pet semetary (scared me as a kid and animal lover)

Insidious/Conjuring (thought they were both kinda creepy as an adult )

Lost boys- not scary but it was my favorite movie when i was like 4.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i'm gonna pull a @MartyMcFly and pick films that resonated with me as a kid or creeped me out rather than overall quality

2. Scream
3. The Exorcist (scared me so bad as a kid i refused to watch the full thing until last year :heh:)
5. Nightmare on Elm Street
6. Psycho (even the house during our yearly universal studios trips scared me)
7. Jaws
8. Child's play
9. The Ring (creeped me out even in my late teens)
10. Rosemary's baby

Honorable Mention:

IT- ( fukked with me as a child cuz i saw clown ghosts in this haunted house we lived in. Later found out it was on an indian burial ground (of course)..true story brehs

:salute: but the flicks you listed are still quality breh. Don't sell yourself short. I just didn't want to make my list an exercise in picking the standard greats (although that's kinda what happened minus Paranormal activity) and pick some shyt that really affected me. @kp404 said he picked based on stuff that still resonates with him personally so I feel like we should all follow suit. Horror is subjective so these should be fun lists to read and debate

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
1) The Shining(1980)
2) Dawn Of The Dead (1978)
3) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
4) A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
5) Hellraiser (1987)
6) Halloween (1978)
7) Night Of The Living Dead (1990)
8) Child's Play (1988)
9) Phantasm (1979)
10) Candyman (1992)

pretty good list here :obama:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
my list definitely gon be different :patrice:....the top 5 movies, legit scared me and its mostly cuz i was a kid when i saw em :manny: but anyway, here we go:

1.The Exorcist (saw it when i was 12 and still got shook :wow:)
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Halloween
4. Hellraiser
5. Bad Moon (favorite werewolf movie all time, cuz i dont fuk with the ones on four legs :win:)
6. Dawn of the Dead (remake)
7. The Shining
8. The Ring (when that bytch came out the tv :sadcam:)
9. Pet Sematary
10. The Thing

Honorable Mentions: Dog Soldiers, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
my list definitely gon be different :patrice:....the top 5 movies, legit scared me and its mostly cuz i was a kid when i saw em :manny: but anyway, here we go:

1.The Exorcist (saw it when i was 12 and still got shook :wow:)
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
3. Halloween
4. Hellraiser
5. Bad Moon (favorite werewolf movie all time, cuz i dont fuk with the ones on four legs :win:)
6. Dawn of the Dead (remake)
7. The Shining
8. The Ring (when that bytch came out the tv :sadcam:)
9. Pet Sematary
10. The Thing

Honorable Mentions: Dog Soldiers, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th

Hellraiser was the one that I may add in to honorable mention. I seriously love that movie to death...its so original and it addresses what many refuse to acknowledge is scary: our sexual desires and how far we would go to satisfy them...its a really important movie. Hell, I may move it into my top 10. I'll watch it tonight to decide.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

2. Scream
5. Nightmare on Elm Street
6. Psycho (even the house during our yearly universal studios trips scared me)
7. Jaws
8. Child's play
9. The Ring (creeped me out even in my late teens)
10. Rosemary's baby

Honorable Mention:

Breh...that shyt freaked me out when me and the homies saw it in the theater..sitting in the fukkin first row