Welcome to Prime Time, B*tch! The Official Top Ten Horror Movie List Voting Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hellraiser was the one that I may add in to honorable mention. I seriously love that movie to death...its so original and it addresses what many refuse to acknowledge is scary: our sexual desires and how far we would go to satisfy them...its a really important movie. Hell, I may move it into my top 10. I'll watch it tonight to decide.

Dope flick and definitely worth any list based on that. My number 10 spot is still :isthatall: so I may put that there or something else. Either the honorable mentions list or just another movie entirely

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Dope flick and definitely worth any list based on that. My number 10 spot is still :isthatall: so I may put that there or something else. Either the honorable mentions list or just another movie entirely

I just added it to the Honorable Mentions. I got a long history with Hellraiser and I can't ddeny how brilliant the story is in that movie. One of the best horror stories I ever read in Hellbound Heart and the movie is just as perfect.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
1. The Thing
2. Halloween
3. Suspiria
4. Rosemary's Baby
5. Rec
6. The Shining
7. Kill List
8. The Amityville Horror
9. The Omen
10. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

good list. Kill List is gonna age real well in the next few years so it can be considered a classic...love that film. I may be the only one that never found the Omen scary. I own the box set and I watch it all the time for fukkery purposes, but it always came off as too campy to me...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
good list. Kill List is gonna age real well in the next few years so it can be considered a classic...love that film. I may be the only one that never found the Omen scary. I own the box set and I watch it all the time for fukkery purposes, but it always came off as too campy to me...

You aren't breh. Baboons are dangerous is the one thing I take away from that movie

Cloud McFly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hellraiser was the one that I may add in to honorable mention. I seriously love that movie to death...its so original and it addresses what many refuse to acknowledge is scary: our sexual desires and how far we would go to satisfy them...its a really important movie. Hell, I may move it into my top 10. I'll watch it tonight to decide.

It made it to #5 on my list, but it could have easily been switched with any of the others rank from 2-4 (The Shining will always be #1 for me), as it is that good of a movie. I love the mythology, and the atmosphere in the movie is great. Clive Barker really did his thing directing this, as the acting is way above what one would expect from a horror movie from that time.

SlowPaceThrillah

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Nice job adding kill list and Rec to the list breh, good to see some diversity

Rec is dope, probably the best example of an action horror I've seen

I guess breh, but you didn't find the dogs or the nanny scary any?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i had a weird old man roomate in college for like a month who had nothing but horror films..i'm talking DVD's and blu's from floor to ceiling all around the room and all the toys and dolls.

i thought he was gonna kill me in my sleep :sadcam:

:russ: breh if you were in your current blu ray state, you would've stole some shyt from him

The nanny who hanged herself was the creepiest thing to me in the movie because it comes out of nowhere and is so unsettling..other than that, and I've said this before, I don't think it's that scary or even that good of a flick

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Nah it was played too cheesy. The nanny suicide scene was just goofy all around. The atmosphere and lead up were not good imo. I think a better director would have made it more scary. Plus Gregory Peck always seemed like an actor for hire, like he didn't wanna be in the movie...his character felt extremely isolated from the rest of the film, even when he tries to kill Damien. The dogs were goofy too.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
1. The Exorcist

2. Jaws

3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

4. An American Werewolf in London :blessed:

5. Halloween (John Carpenter)

6. Alien

7. A Nightmare on Elm St

8. The Thing

9. Hellraiser

10. Night of the Living Dead ( og)

Another tough one I left off the llist: Alien. Just a perfect fukking movie all the way around. Very terrifying