Week 1 CFB Overreaction thread

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola

Ehhh piff has his points, this ain’t one of them, lsu looks like they need a new game plan, BK can and has made sugar out of shyt, that said now they may be an entire different squad in 5 weeks, but even if this is them will they be a threat if they make it?? so whether they made the independence bowl or the playoffs who cares was nikkas hoping plucky vandy gets in b/c they deserve it due to lsu losing to usc and a couple more ???

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Losses still matter. There are benefits to getting higher seeding. The bye for conf champs is huge and the 5-8 seeds will play at home in first round so that’s a big advantage
Missing out on playing Georgia for a possible 2nd time and instead getting a home playoff game >>>

Missing the Conf title game is now a bye itself if you're already in good position.

Daps
Why is it.....when a black RB/WR catches a 1 yard pass and takes it 50+ yards to the house....the cameras find the white QB and act like HE made that shyt happen?

Like breh could do his best Barry Sanders imitation but the cameras focus on the dude that basically completed a long handoff.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
My overreaction is...does anything really matter when 12 teams make the playoffs? LSU losing tonight would normally be the type of L that puts you on ice, giving you zero leeway for another L in order to make the playoffs. Now it's just whatever, they can sneak in with a couple more losses depending on how the season goes for other teams. That's lame to me.

This should have been an expansion to 6-8 teams. Preferably 6 (top two seeds get a bye week)
This is the kind of loss though that if LSU goes on a run. You don't want to be the 5-8 seed and have to play 9-12 LSU. They are saying that the expanded playoffs likely just means some blow outs before the real games start and that is likely true. But you also are going to see some we thought we were the real deal get exposed quick.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Losses still matter. There are benefits to getting higher seeding. The bye for conf champs is huge and the 5-8 seeds will play at home in first round so that’s a big advantage

Honestly if you're seeds 8-12 you have no shot anyway. Why do I need to see a 9-3 team in the playoffs. Hell I guarantee you that within a year or two, players will just opt out of the playoffs if they're on a lower seed squad. We might even see guys on high seeds opt out too for fear of injury.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Honestly if you're seeds 8-12 you have no shot anyway. Why do I need to see a 9-3 team in the playoffs. Hell I guarantee you that within a year or two, players will just opt out of the playoffs if they're on a lower seed squad. We might even see guys on high seeds opt out too for fear of injury.
We're already seeing it and it will definitely expand. Until some dude loses X on signing bonus. Because the NFL/Agents etc were able to tank his stock because he skipped his bowl game/playoffs. The real story about the lower seeds isn't about the really good Mountain West Team. It's that #12 SEC/B1G team that is 9-3 say an LSU (that lost to USC, Bama, and Oklahoma). A Penn State that lost to Ohio State and Washington, that gets a chance to run in the Playoffs.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Justin Herbert comparisons for Tennessee's QB are legit.

Last edited:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
It's gonna be a nightmare when a 3 loss team from a crappy conf wins their conf game, and gets in the playoff over a clearly better 2 loss SEC or Big 10 team who couldn't make their title game
Gotta kill conference championship games in major conferences. Shyt, kill them in the other conferences too you don't wanna be the highest rank non power 5 and then they lose the championship game and mess up the money.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
-Heather Dinich is still with ESPN? I thought they would've bushed her by now. I guess I'll stick with my podcasts for actual analysis.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Miami has a legitimate chance to run the table.

Irish defense is phe-fukkin'-nomenal.

Michigan should be concerned with Texas coming to town.