Wearing MLB Hats In LA Really That Much Of A Dilemma?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Was in LA in 2011,West Anaheim. I stayed with friends/inlaws with a mexican husband. He took me to some mexican spots in Anaheim for the food and drinks. I was oblivious to most of the colour shyt so i rocked plenty of blue (my fave colour) hoodies and caps. We came up to the spot and befeore we exited the car,he told me " You should take that jacket off homey,this is a mexican Crip area and with you being black that might cause some tension,i got your back though". I came in the spot and they damn near stopped the music when we came in,nothing but mexicans and no breh in sight. We had our beers while i got ice grilled by everybody but the bartender who looked at me with a combination of bewilderment,respect and pity. My spanish isnt that great but i could match the words with the body language. We leave after 20 minutes and outside there are four mexicans standing next to our pick up. My friend talks to them in spanish and lets them know i am from Europe and have no affiliations. because i have my jakcet off one of them spots my tatoos and sees that i have a Anaheim Angels tatoo,which i did not know is a gang tattoo,it stands for Amsterdam,where i am from. They point to my tattoo and my friend has had enough and says some shyt to them in spanish and tells me to get in the car. They tell me just before i get in the car that he just saved me from an ass whuppin and maybe even being shot but i am a civilian so they let me slide. We laugh about it in the car but i was shook, i have to admit. I never thought that a colour or a tattoo can get you fukked up that fast. I went back to West Anaheim two days(another friend stayed there) later but dressed accordingly. I went to Inglewood,Crenshaw but a breh felt less tension there even though there was way more gang inspired activity around,maybe cause i had my "I am from Amsterdam" :hubie:t shirt on
Mexicans were probably on your ass more that you were black AND flamed up, I doubt that area that bar was in is diverse.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Damn i was literally all over LA the day i had that hat on. Was even in South Central and went to Nipsey store wearing it (2018).
I feel like this is a lie, you were in the heart of the 60s wearing a astros hat...

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Mexicans were probably on your ass more that you were black AND flamed up, I doubt that area that bar was in is diverse.
Yup, no breh in sight. The tattoo got one of them agitated but I was calm and even though I was startled by the approach if push came to shove hands would have to fly and dude I was with was respected,his younger brother was a man of the people if you know what I mean.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
MF's gonna have to start wearing neutral colors and shyt, with no logos on the front
h5eyQFe.png

new-era-59fifty-blank-solid-light-grey-fitted-hat-29389.jpg

Looking like neutral European countries on a WWII map
h5eyQFe.png

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You can wear what you want but don't be surprised if you don't get pressed in certain areas

Why try to be a superhero when there's cats that will murk you for nothing?

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
those one size fits all joints? nah man

those always look washed
It's called a stretch fitted. There are a few different one size fits all joints. Some had the adjustable strap and some are stretch fitted. I'm talking about the stretch fitted. Only difference between them and 59fifty is the bill. The bill is already curved with 39thirty. I love them bc they fit my head better and I don't have to bend/curve the brim. They come in small/medium, medium/large, and large/xl.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods