We smoking on that XBOX pack tonight. It's Ovah. RIP XBOX.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who even cares about Final Fantasy XIV on Xbox? The game is so old that if you were actually interested in it then you already have access to it on a platform it's been available on for many years now. It's a worthless port to begin with.
I agree which I don’t understand why they would pay to get that on gamepass. The community is pretty much established on PC and PlayStation.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No. Xbox's undoing is far more its own fault than anyone else's. Let them bytches take some accountability.
The people that ran the company back then are mostly gone but the direction they set the company on it mostly never really recovered from. Leadership ran that ship into an iceberg that damaged the hull beyond repair for them.
Remember when sony and the ftc created a distinction between the ‘high-end’ console market and nintendo and everyone was offended on behalf of the nintendo and claimed arrogant sony trying to cheat the system with help of evil Lina khan?

Fast forward 6 months later and now everyone is saying sony won’t have competition because nitnendo doesn’t compete in the high end console market :mjlol:

Where’s @daze23 with his dumb ass “nintendo don’t count” retort when you need him?
I've consistently said that since the about the middle of the PS3 era Sony and Nintendo decided to mostly stop competing with each other. Really it was the post-GameCube era Nintendo made that decision and the post-PS3 Move era Sony made it. Their product classes are so different people that own one typically have no issue buying the other.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The people that ran the company back then are mostly gone but the direction they set the company on it mostly never really recovered from. Leadership ran that ship into an iceberg that damaged the hull beyond repair for them.

I've consistently said that since the about the middle of the PS3 era Sony and Nintendo decided to mostly stop competing with each other. Really it was the post-GameCube era Nintendo made that decision and the post-PS3 Move era Sony made it. Their product classes are so different people that own one typically have no issue buying the other.

Complimentary Consoles.

Xbox fukked up thinking everything except games mattered. Exclusive titles and franchises you can't get everywhere matters.

And Phil was worse than Mattrick. I said it. Dude promised them new exclusives games since he took over and didn't deliver for over a decade. All we got new from their own internal studios before Bethesda and Starfield was Sea of fukkin Thieves. That' is pathetic.

But hey, that's Sony's fault I guess.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Complimentary Consoles.

Xbox fukked up thinking everything except games mattered. Exclusive titles and franchises you can't get everywhere matters.

And Phil was worse than Mattrick. I said it. Dude promised them new exclusives games since he took over and didn't deliver for over a decade. All we got new from their own internal studios before Bethesda and Starfield was Sea of fukkin Thieves. That' is pathetic.

Phil-Spencer-E3-2018.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Complimentary Consoles.

The guy that put the car it the ditch is worse then the guy who took the wheel in the ditch and couldn't get the car back out.

This is beyond out of control at this point. If they're going to do this fine then take ownership and face the customers. All this stuff is leaking out to the media and nobody is officially commenting on it. Their house is on fire while they twiddle their thumbs.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Complimentary Consoles.

The Phil era strategy pretty much is you don't need our consoles to play the games, never understood that strategy, they made their console the least important aspect of their brand. We will see how far gamepass carries them because that is what their brand is about now

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Spot on for your second point. Sony knew they couldn't hang in the handheld market, so why waste the money? And Nintendo couldn't follow up the Wii with anything solid, but they were still dominating handhelds. So they decide, let's just make a hand held that's damn near a full console.
Sony capitulated and said "you stay out of our yard, and we'll stay out of yours." so now it's not weird at all to have a Switch and a PS. But there's also the fact that Nintendo and Sony are both Japanese companies.

:manny:

Xbox failed was trying to be too many things at once. Post-360 they were on top of the world. But instead, they listened to too many tech bros and investors instead of the gaming market. Instead of courting the core audience, they went after the mainstream. For people who are younger I don't think ya'll REALLY remember how damaging E3 2013 was for Xbox.

While Xbox was trying to become Roku+360+Wii all in one, Playstation kept it simple, listened to consumers and undercut Xbox by $100. They thought that the Call of Duty crowd would bring the NFL people and the NBA people and the casual game people and it didn't. People who PLAYED VIDEO GAMES didn't want ANY of the shyt the XB1 was offering at the time.
Also, you have to remember broadband Wi-Fi wasn't even a guarantee for most people in 2013 and people were still getting throttled for high-usage. So having an "always connected" console was a non-starter for consumers as well. Gears of War and Halo by this time weren't moving units like that. It was a failure they NEVER recovered from.

Fast forward 8-10 years. And Xbox is all but seceding the console market. They can't make money there. But they can make money with Gamepass. Series X didn't move anyone because by then the PS4 was so dominant and games like VII Remake were SO anticipated, that there was NOTHING outside Halo that woulda stood a chance and they even fumbled that. It's wild to see, but Sony really didn't do anything crazy. They just stayed their course and held on to their key franchises and 3rd party support. It's not that Sony killed them...Xbox unalived themselves.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
it's okay to buy a ps5 ya know.

trade in your X series now before them prices hit rock bottom and get a PS5 or wait for the pro.

this all or nothing X mentality is silly some have (not you specifically fam) is goofy.
Breh, the Playstation/Switch is firmly relegated to 'only if I have to' status in my gaming hierarchy. I am a PC gamer at heart that went with Xbox because most of those sensibilities are aligned with Microsoft and I didnt want to keep up the rat race of upgrading a pc consistently. Steam is the best platform of them all (and has been) and PC is the master race (again, has been). I'm still going to get their (Sony/Nintendo) consoles but that's only for games that ain't coming out on PC. Everything that makes sense (sports games), I'll still get on Xbox but everything else? PC unless it ain't there. Nintendo and Sony does not have a backwards compatibility structure that I like.

I'll just get a dope ass pc around the time the new Playstation comes out so I need to know what my specs need to be for next generation gaming. I'm just going to keep my current physical preorders but now, like I said before, I'm about to help Gabe buy a new yacht.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The Phil era strategy pretty much is you don't need our consoles to play the games, never understood that strategy, they made their console the least important aspect of their brand. We will see how far gamepass carries them because that is what their brand is about now

Because that was the soft toss. They knew after the initial sales numbers of the Series X/S that this was it. Phil been lowkey edging towards this for months. You don't ever say "you don't need our hardware" unless the hardware isn't a part of the plan.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, the Playstation/Switch is firmly relegated to 'only if I have to' status in my gaming hierarchy. I am a PC gamer at heart that went with Xbox because most of those sensibilities are aligned with Microsoft and I didnt want to keep up the rat race of upgrading a pc consistently. Steam is the best platform of them all (and has been) and PC is the master race (again, has been). I'm still going to get their (Sony/Nintendo) consoles but that's only for games that ain't coming out on PC. Everything that makes sense (sports games), I'll still get on Xbox but everything else? PC unless it ain't there. Nintendo and Sony does not have a backwards compatibility structure that I like.

I'll just get a dope ass pc around the time the new Playstation comes out so I need to know what my specs need to be for next generation gaming. I'm just going to keep my current physical preorders but now, like I said before, I'm about to help Gabe buy a new yacht.

kermit-the-frog-kermit-meme.gif