We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

blockboy504

LSU Tigers
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Dallas
So now we gotta play Teddy AND TB multiple times a year going forward... :francis:

Lotta y'all don't wanna admit it, but the majority of the reason we've enjoyed this run of 13-3 at the top of the division the past couple of years... is because our divisional rivals have been complete dumpster fires during that time span. While it hasn't been trash ass NFC East status we have MAJORLY benefitted from the overall sad state of the rest of the NFC South... a status quo that we cannot rely on being that way for much longer. All these teams keep slowly making good signings and hires and keep accruing top draft picks... while we are basically praying to just be 80-90% as good as the previous year's team as Brees gradually falls off, while either trading away or whiffing our continual late 1sts from these 13-3 "all-in" seasons that don't end up resulting in anything. :unimpressed:

Our only hope at this point is A. Another miracle 2017 draft situation this year that results in multiple ROY/franchise cornerstone caliber players (and real talk those 2 ROYs on the roster have not improved but actually gotten worse each year since in all honesty :mjpls:). Which ain't likely since I can't name a rookie we've drafted since who's done anything except Davenport... who's mainly famous for just being perpetually injured when we needed him most :snoop: Or B. The inevitable looooong Rona-induced layoff/delay of play (And it is most definitely happening y'all, just wait till April if you don't think it's bad right now :merchant:) gives Brees enough recuperation time to pull off one more HoF season that doesn't completely fall off come playoff time. Which also ain't likely considering he had a nice long mid season layoff from his hand injury last season... and still couldn't stop flabby noodle-arming it up in the playoffs, worse than he ever has before... against our most pathetic opponent in all these recent playoff collapses to boot :dead::flabbynsick:

Not trying to be a negative nancy, but I am not impressed or reassured one bit by any development/move from this team when it comes to getting it done this upcoming season, especially in comparison to how near every other team been moving. Maybe it's just losing Teddy B getting me down, our locker room gonna sorely miss him like it missed Ingram this past season :mjcry:

PoliticalPointlessBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Glad he got the bag tho... only time I'm ever wishing a Panthers player good luck. He gonna reaffirm who the best Cam in the NFC South always was :wow:
Fam you stay overreacting :mjlol:

Daps
Fam you stay overreacting :mjlol:

You and a few others said the same thing to me back in January when I pointed out the glaring flaws in our team like our swiss cheese secondary and our lack of anything resembling a #3 receiver let alone a true #2 to back up Mike and how the coach and FO ignoring those things like everything was fine and dandy was obviously going to come back to bite us come playoff time against any halfway competent opposing team who could recognize and exploit them... and look what happened. Exactly that, just like I said it would... against the Vikings and bum ass Kirk Cousins of all teams/people :mjlol: Couldn't even wait till the divisional round or championship game to get exposed, team imploded the first chance they got in first round, and made a bum look like a superstar in the process. :unimpressed:

Again not trying to be mean or a debbie downer... but everything I've said is just straight 100% facts about the reality this team is facing. I don't really care if fans in a coli thread ignore or downplay them... I do care when the coach and frontrunning FO do it tho, cause it's their damn job to recognize and address this shyt. And doing nothing but letting Vonn Bell and Apple go and bringing 32 year old Malcolm Jenkins back in their place cause Payton NOW wants a do over for his initial mistake in letting him go to do better elsewhere however many years ago is... not inspiring me with one bit of confidence. But hey, don't let me stop anyone who really thinks this team is still in serious Superbowl contention. I'd love to be 100% wrong and win another chip before Brees retires rather than be 100% right and watch this team flame out on his noodle arm throwing to just one NFL caliber receiver on the whole roster like I was last season :hubie:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
My thing is every year we don't win the Super Bowl yall gonna come in and act like yall were right when in reality winning a Super Bowl is one of the hardest feats in any sport and the best you can do is put yourself in position to win it all and we've clearly been doing that and are trying to do it again. None of this is guaranteed.

We were roasting Apple all year and now it's a problem when we move on? Vonn Bell is ultimately not going to make or break anybody's season so we replace him with someone that can add desperately needed leadership and accountability to the secondary instead of overpaying for a "just a guy"-tier player in Bell and now it's a problem?

Brees was on fire literally the whole season and it took Zimmer calling the best game of his life to beat us in overtime.

Yall gotta chill out.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
My thing is every year we don't win the Super Bowl yall gonna come in and act like yall were right when in reality winning a Super Bowl is one of the hardest feats in any sport and the best you can do is put yourself in position to win it all and we've clearly been doing that and are trying to do it again. None of this is guaranteed.

We were roasting Apple all year and now it's a problem when we move on? Vonn Bell is ultimately not going to make or break anybody's season so we replace him with someone that can add desperately needed leadership and accountability to the secondary instead of overpaying for a "just a guy"-tier player in Bell and now it's a problem?

Brees was on fire literally the whole season and it took Zimmer calling the best game of his life to beat us in overtime.

Yall gotta chill out.
We need a #2 wr better back 7 play and we're not getting younger

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Truly, I think a #2WR is much more pressing for us than a corner and linebacker.

I could be wrong. But a guy who can stretch the field for us and not have teams just put 2-3 guys on Mike Thomas come January will help us much more than adding a corner or linebacker.

(Obv we need to shore up all three positions)

Stretch the field for what? Duck Dynasty arm aint there anymore to even push the ball that deep. We need a speedster no doubt but how do we always lose games? Cause our secondary fukks up somehow someway. And we just overspent on old ass malcolm jenkins to try to remedy that :francis:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Well, the biggest need outside of talent was Elite IQ in the secondary which has been our Achilles heel. I understand the move. Shame Bell had to go.

We are still lacking depth at 3rd CB. Which is what blown the game in OT. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted CB, OT, or WR in the 1st.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Stretch the field for what? Duck Dynasty arm aint there anymore to even push the ball that deep. We need a speedster no doubt but how do we always lose games? Cause our secondary fukks up somehow someway. And we just overspent on old ass malcolm jenkins to try to remedy that :francis:
Drew is still accurate. He has one to two deep balls in him a game. It won’t be like 2009 but shyt, I’m ok with a speedster just for Brees to hit his patented slants now and let the WR go to work.

That shyt can be good for possibly one TD or FG a game come January and that’s all we’ve needed the last three postseasons to get us over the hump.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
yall not feeling bringin Jenk back? Do yall need a hybrid LB/ SS?

nah i'd rather have Vonn Bell. He's actually great in the role, or at least he was last year. As long as he doesn't have to cover anyone he gucci. And C Gardner Johnson balled out for the most part except a few major fukkups late last year too. I'm not a fan of older free agent signings they rarely work.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
nah i'd rather have Vonn Bell. He's actually great in the role, or at least he was last year. As long as he doesn't have to cover anyone he gucci. And C Gardner Johnson balled out for the most part except a few major fukkups late last year too. I'm not a fan of older free agent signings they rarely work.

I was vexxed when the Eagles didnt draft CGJ- Malcolm is ass in coverage bc he is slow but he is really good in the box in run support though...yall gave him a grip to :whew:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Drew is still accurate. He has one to two deep balls in him a game. It won’t be like 2009 but shyt, I’m ok with a speedster just for Brees to hit his patented slants now and let the WR go to work.

That shyt can be good for possibly one TD or FG a game come January and that’s all we’ve needed the last three postseasons to get us over the hump.

:whoa: Not just a speedster, but quick, elusive, and can get YAC as well.

Remember, Cooks was a speedster when he was here, yet he was :trash: at YAC and unable to take short passes to the house. :francis:

We can't have a speedster who only runs deep routes while Brees's arm steadily declines. :francis:

Also, Sean P. needs to stop gameplanning like the 2009/2011 Brees is still out there. :ufdup:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Teams are going to umbrella/ bubble coverage us. Lil sweet arm ain't scaring nobody And Kamara was a shell of himself. We're going have to be top 10 in rushing this season, pray no injuries on either side of the ball, hope Jenkins plays like superbowl days, and we stop having so many:mindblown: plays like against sf. How many times we saw the safeties looking at each other lost???
I'm all for Jefferson from LSU and a cb