We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps

We wanted Clowney so bad we worked a deal with the Browns. The Browns were going to sign Clowney to a $10 mil deal with a $5mil signing bonus. The Browns would then trade Clowney to us for our 2nd rd pick and a player. Thus, Cleveland basically spends the extra 5 mil for us and gets our 2nd rd pick and a player in return (Sheldon?) and we get Clowney at $10 mil.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

We wanted Clowney so bad we worked a deal with the Browns. The Browns were going to sign Clowney to a $10 mil deal with a $5mil signing bonus. The Browns would then trade Clowney to us for our 2nd rd pick and a player. Thus, Cleveland basically spends the extra 5 mil for us and gets our 2nd rd pick and a player in return (Sheldon?) and we get Clowney at $10 mil.

What a clown show... Maybe they shouldn't have bid against themselves on Peat.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

I respect the hustle
Must have hit Percy Miller up to figure out a way to hustle a way to Clowney.
I fukks with it even if it didn't work.
:salute:

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Starting to feel like he was using us as pawns

It's pretty obvious from the last minute circus that all he was doing was driving up the price. I'm really surprised he was able to not loss money and get 15 million for a dude that never had double digits sack. Clowney has always been all hype

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
He wasn’t worth losing 2nd round pick over, not for a 1 year rental
I wouldn't have been thrilled with giving up a 2nd rder but I would also have done it.

I've just learned my lesson from the past few years. 49ers gave up a 3rd and 4th for three months of Emmanuel Sanders. Rams gave up a 3rd and 5th for Dante Fowler. Both ended up being moves that caused just enough separation to get them over the hump vs fellow elite NFC teams like ourselves.

I feel Clowney would have been that for us, thus, I would have supported the move.

But sometimes our best deals are the ones we don't make so here's hoping that proves true. Worst case, least he went to a AFC team and not a NFC contender we're battling with.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I wouldn't have been thrilled with giving up a 2nd rder but I would also have done it.

I've just learned my lesson from the past few years. 49ers gave up a 3rd and 4th for three months of Emmanuel Sanders. Rams gave up a 3rd and 5th for Dante Fowler. Both ended up being moves that caused just enough separation to get them over the hump vs fellow elite NFC teams like ourselves.

I feel Clowney would have been that for us, thus, I would have supported the move.

But sometimes our best deals are the ones we don't make so here's hoping that proves true. Worst case, least he went to a AFC team and not a NFC contender we're battling with.

Draft picks less valuable this year IMO cause of the clusterfukk that is CFB in covid.
If it's a year to get rid of picks for proven players it's this year

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Draft picks less valuable this year IMO cause of the clusterfukk that is CFB in covid.
If it's a year to get rid of picks for proven players it's this year
Idk... It maybe much easier to move up in the draft to get a rookie QB. Still cost a lot to get a Fields, but Myles Brennan shows out. Fields could slide.

A rookie QB would enable us to keep our Core. So, picks are very valuable to us this year to me.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Idk... It maybe much easier to move up in the draft to get a rookie QB. Still cost a lot to get a Fields, but Myles Brennan shows out. Fields could slide.

A rookie QB would enable us to keep our Core. So, picks are very valuable to us this year to me.

No you just didn't try to slide Myles Brennan in there :mjlol:

A rookie QB a waste of a pick. Rookie QBs in the 1st are for rebuilds, you don't resign the players we bout to resign and go with a rookie.
We'd be better off getting Jameis for another year. He'll still be cheap

taker597

Superstar
Daps
No you just didn't try to slide Myles Brennan in there :mjlol:

A rookie QB a waste of a pick. Rookie QBs in the 1st are for rebuilds, you don't resign the players we bout to resign and go with a rookie.
We'd be better off getting Jameis for another year. He'll still be cheap
1. Look at our Cap. We will be going through a soft rebuild next year. Best time to draft a QB IF Jameis doesn't work out. Which in all likelihood is highly probable.
2. Fields isn't playing this year. Myles is. Myles got a stacked WR corp.
3. Terrible Front Offices are biased towards to white QB. All it takes for Myles is to just light it up and have great success to be a top 10 pick.

I want Fields. Myles is the perfect fools gold that'll cause him to slide.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Kamara doing his best Beast Mode impression when asked about his contract situation.