We need to have a serious discussion on season 5 of The Wire

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Like everybody, I was disappointed how Omar went out. Yeah we all wanted that ultimate spaghetti western style showdown with Marlo getting his comeuppance in a hail of bullets from Omar, but the show aimed for realism. In real life, dudes get taken out suddenly and unexpectedly and it's not always on some cinematic shyt. Yeah its too bad he got taken out by that little punk Kenard of all people, but it shows how anybody can get got. It ain't like Tommy from Power who is made out to be Mr Invincible lol.

This is the best argument I've heard on why The Greeks ultimately decided to deal with Marlo:

The newspaper reporter storyline IMO was boring and I didn't find any of those characters interesting at all.

The Wire is my fav show of all time and always will be, but I agree season 5 is the only weak season even though it still has sometimes questionable but brilliant writing. Season 2 was dope but misunderstood. The tone changed a lot from the first season so it took a lot of people off guard, but it was a dope season and Frank Sabotka is one of the greatest characters on the show. I give seasons 1-4 a 9.5-10/10 and this season 5.5/10.

Daps
I have no idea why people keep calling this show the goat with the awful season 5 and 2

Only 3 out of 5 seasons were good. The wire isnt even in my top 15 with how bad those two seasons were
If The Wire aint even in your top 15 i would like to know what is in your top 5 at least..:jbhmm:

Or maybe i dont , because season 2 is not a bad season :gucci:

As people have already stated in this thread it is vital for the rest of the show and is the reason why The Wire is not a cop show but a tv programme about the city of Baltimore

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps
If The Wire aint even in your top 15 i would like to know what is in your top 5 at least..:jbhmm:

As people have already stated in this thread it is vital for the rest of the show and is the reason why The Wire is not a cop show but a tv programme about the city of Baltimore
Season 1,3,4 are great and I can see why it’s in peoples top 10 just not mine cuz 2 and 5 are atrocious

hitmonlee

All Star
Daps

Season 1,3,4 are great and I can see why it’s in peoples top 10 just not mine cuz 2 and 5 are atrocious

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
If you don’t like Season 2, then I can’t take your views on life seriously. Season 2 was one of the best explanations for why the wealthy always win and are always in power despite the crimes they commit. We get a conclusion of the D’Angelo story line and how he never had a chance.

We also see more of how Stringer is the biggest villain on the show. It was a remarkable season and people dislike
it only because it was white people and not much “hood drama.”

Season 5, with more time and thought could have been as important but they had less episodes to work with than they wanted and the writers strike happened. I didn’t know Ed Burbs left after season 4, but that also explains a lot.

Daps
The fact you are not even going to give me your top 5 when ive asked and come back with just season 2 and 5 are attrocious says what i needed to know
As i said in the first post im not sure i want to know when you think season 2 is bad

Honest truth i wasnt happy with season 2 on my first watch because i loved season one so much but after watching it again and again i started to appreciate it alot more, it is so vital to the whole show

If you don’t like Season 2, then I can’t take your views on life seriously. Season 2 was one of the best explanations for why the wealthy always win and are always in power despite the crimes they commit. We get a conclusion of the D’Angelo story line and how he never had a chance.

We also see more of how Stringer is the biggest villain on the show. It was a remarkable season and people dislike
it only because it was white people and not much “hood drama.”

Season 5, with more time and thought could have been as important but they had less episodes to work with than they wanted and the writers strike happened. I didn’t know Ed Burbs left after season 4, but that also explains a lot.
Everything what has been said in this post i agree with and is all correct especially the reason why people dislike season 2

And yeah Ed Burns left after season 4 and he just wrote all about his experiences in his 2 jobs that is why its the closest tv show to real life things

Last edited: