We Need Another Batman Arkhum Asylum Game On Next-Gen Consoles

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
All of this is possible, but it's hard to say if any of it would actually hit especially with how fickle the current gaming audience is. Batman multiverse is a bad idea though, people are getting multiverse fatigue.

If I had to personally pick, I'd want to see a dark knight returns based game, but kill the justice league would ruin the momentum of a game like that.

I don’t mean multiverse i mean, just break down all the batman tropes and make it part of the story. We all know the bat-lore and ethos of the character, turn it on its head, make Bruce wayne the dusty old man in the chair, and have Terry subvert all the expectations of a typical Batman story.

Imagine a BB game with something more in the style of a Gravity Rush, but dark and cyberpunk-ish.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
I think it ran its course because the only big thing Rocksteady could dream up between city and knight was a bat-tank
Fear takedowns
Several more enemy types
More heroes to play as
Playing as Joker in campaign
An exponentially larger map
More bosses from the rogues gallery

Yeah, just the Batmobile :childplease:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don’t mean multiverse i mean, just break down all the batman tropes and make it part of the story. We all know the bat-lore and ethos of the character, turn it on its head, make Bruce wayne the dusty old man in the chair, and have Terry subvert all the expectations of a typical Batman story.

Imagine a BB game with something more in the style of a Gravity Rush, but dark and cyberpunk-ish.
Never played gravity rush :manny:

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
It's more about the direction gotham knights went with. I actually liked the game, but it did nothing to pull in the casual superhero fan and kind of showed that the IP is creatively tapped in gaming right now
Knights was fukked by being some bullshyt, free to play, "games as a service" game that they morphed into a $70 game just because. It wouldn't matter if it were an X-Men, Batman, Daredevil or Black Canary game, that game type wouldn't work. Just look at the shytty Avengers game that failed. They took the most popular heroes on ERFF and made no money with them.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
If I had to personally pick, I'd want to see a dark knight returns based game
That's something I would want to play! Especially if they could nail down the tone which would be difficult for writers in this day and age. The things you could do in that world by merely factoring in Bruce's age into the gameplay would make it worth checking out. Then you add The Mutants, Robin, Joker and Superman on top and you got a potential masterpiece.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arkham asylum>Arkham City don't give a fukk what nobody says. I just loved the whole vibe of that game. And you're correct, those Batman games were wayyy ahead of their time. True pioneers
Absolutely agree. City was good but Asylum had felt like fully packed with no filler. I also remember preferring the Riddler Challenges in Asylum also

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They ended the games because there was nothing left to offer, you fought the entire rogues gallery basically across the 3 games, the story was complete, and gotham knights got the torch from there (which kind of proved that it ran it's course)

The only place to go from arkham knight would be something more justice league-ish, but that would lose the gritty batman element
I thought they had plans for black batrman/old batman but got scrapped, a reboot to the series would be welcomed. We will see how SS game is from them

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I thought they had plans for black batrman/old batman but got scrapped, a reboot to the series would be welcomed. We will see how SS game is from them
IIRC the original plan was actually superman and then they got a bag to make it SS instead

Then the SS game was so poorly received in it's trailer that it was infinitely delayed

Ls for everyone involved including us the fans

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I still remember playing Arkhum, I went crazy when Bruce was in Jail, I was like whoaaaaaaaa

Remember this?

I was all hyped up when this scene came on, I was like yeahhh this IS A BATMAN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!
Youtube comment from above video: One of the best hidden details in this prison scene is when you look at one of the rooftops when you're fighting the inmates, and you see Azrael watching Bruce :ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IIRC the original plan was actually superman and then they got a bag to make it SS instead

Then the SS game was so poorly received in it's trailer that it was infinitely delayed

TBF Suicide Squad co-op game probably sounded a lot better in 2016 when it was greenlit

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

This was the rumored game I believe, a sequel to Arkham Knight which was cancelled