We need a First 48 thread

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
I think it’s up to the families to give permission to show remains. They probably don’t even bother to ask and just blur by default. Everything else, I believe, is public record like mugshots.
What you smoking? Crime scene photos ARE NOT public records fam.:childplease:

Superstar
Daps
What you smoking? Crime scene photos ARE NOT public records fam.:childplease:

I meant the interviews, the detectives doing their investigation, etc. are public record. I don’t think the crime scenes with remains are public record. I’m saying that’s why the remains are censored like that lol.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
It’s crazy how witnesses who know something and nikkas who did the crime continue to lie to detectives who been doing this shyt over 20 years and hear the same story and even worse in 2020 with great technology already have a lot of the evidence before hand and nikkas still be trying to ducktale these cops

Superstar
Daps
@Squirrel I was curious about the specifics so I did some digging. I guess it varies by state or municipality.

Georgia rushes to pass crime photo exemption to records law - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Speaker rushes bill to deny Hustler request

Georgia rushes to pass crime photo exemption to records law
Post categories
  1. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
Hustler magazine's request for photos of a slain hiker has prompted a push by Georgia lawmakers to quickly pass a…
Posted on March 11, 2010

Hustler magazine’s request for photos of a slain hiker has prompted a push by Georgia lawmakers to quickly pass a bill that would block the release of certain crime scene photos without the permission of the deceased individual’s family or a court order, The Chattanooga Times Free Pressreported.

The state’s House Committee on Government Affairs passed the Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act unanimously on Wednesday, just one day after it was introduced and just two days after a Hustler reporter filed an open-records request for the crime scene pictures of murdered 24-year-old Meredith Emerson, whose body was found nude and decapitated in the northern Georgia mountains after she disappeared in 2008.

The magazine appealed the The Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s decision to not release the photographs along with other documents in response to Hustler‘s public records request. A Georgia Superior Court judge grantedEmerson’s family a temporary restraining order on Wednesday that blocks the photographs’ release.

The bill would exempt photographs, video and audio recordings that “depict or describe a deceased person in a nude, bruised, bloodied, or broken state with open wounds or in a state of dismemberment or decapitation” from the state’s open records law. Exempted materials would be made available only with the written permission of the deceased’s spouse, adult child, parent or a judge.

Credentialed journalists, lawyers and law enforcement agents would be permitted to access such documents at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s headquarters but would not be allowed to make copies of them, Rep. Jill Chambers, the main sponsor of the bill, told CNN.

“Hustler and Mr. Flynt disagree with the GBI’s position, and are currently exploring all legal options available to them should the decision be made to go forward with the story," the magazine told CNN by e-mail.

Robo Squirrel

CEO @ Squirrel Burger: Fish & Chips
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco, CA
@Squirrel I was curious about the specifics so I did some digging. I guess it varies by state or municipality.

Georgia rushes to pass crime photo exemption to records law - The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

Speaker rushes bill to deny Hustler request

Georgia rushes to pass crime photo exemption to records law
Post categories
  1. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION
Hustler magazine's request for photos of a slain hiker has prompted a push by Georgia lawmakers to quickly pass a…
Posted on March 11, 2010

Hustler magazine’s request for photos of a slain hiker has prompted a push by Georgia lawmakers to quickly pass a bill that would block the release of certain crime scene photos without the permission of the deceased individual’s family or a court order, The Chattanooga Times Free Pressreported.

The state’s House Committee on Government Affairs passed the Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act unanimously on Wednesday, just one day after it was introduced and just two days after a Hustler reporter filed an open-records request for the crime scene pictures of murdered 24-year-old Meredith Emerson, whose body was found nude and decapitated in the northern Georgia mountains after she disappeared in 2008.

The magazine appealed the The Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s decision to not release the photographs along with other documents in response to Hustler‘s public records request. A Georgia Superior Court judge grantedEmerson’s family a temporary restraining order on Wednesday that blocks the photographs’ release.

The bill would exempt photographs, video and audio recordings that “depict or describe a deceased person in a nude, bruised, bloodied, or broken state with open wounds or in a state of dismemberment or decapitation” from the state’s open records law. Exempted materials would be made available only with the written permission of the deceased’s spouse, adult child, parent or a judge.

Credentialed journalists, lawyers and law enforcement agents would be permitted to access such documents at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s headquarters but would not be allowed to make copies of them, Rep. Jill Chambers, the main sponsor of the bill, told CNN.

“Hustler and Mr. Flynt disagree with the GBI’s position, and are currently exploring all legal options available to them should the decision be made to go forward with the story," the magazine told CNN by e-mail.
Dap+Reputation
:flabbynsick:

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Last night's episode :snoop:

Murdered two brehs because he was a perverted simp :snoop:
cant believe that was his reasoning like yall to young to be worried about who with your girl a 17yr old at that and he shot and killed both of them while riding with them made no sense senseless shyt

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I remember that episode that broad wasn't shyt
"The episode comes just weeks after Tia Young, George Young's wife, and Harvey "Tim" Lee, a longtime family friend, were convicted of George Young's November 2017 killing. George Young gave Lee a job and allowed him to live in his family's home rent-free when he heard Lee had fallen on hard times. Lee eventually began paying rent, but he also started a secret romantic affair with Tia Young".

This shyt got me fukked up and the fact that he gave the dude a place to stay and everything:dwillhuh:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After the two shots were fired, a neighbor saw a man, which prosecutors argued was Lee, go under George Young’s car and run back inside.

Lee placed a GPS tracker on George Young’s car in the weeks before the killing. Lee told police George Young wanted it for safety reasons, but text messages showed that when an app notified George Young of the tracker’s placement on his car, Lee told him that the tracker was actually trying to record Lee’s movements and it was a mistake, Gwinnett County Cpl. David Smith said.

Police found evidence that Lee had searched for snake venom and highly poisonous black widow spiders in the weeks before George Young was shot, Smith said. On Tia Young’s phone, investigators found multiple humorous and sexual memes and cartoons about affairs, Smith said. One cartoon featured a fortune teller telling a woman “Your husband will meet a violent end.” The woman replies: “Will I get convicted?”

Too dumb to be free...

I don't expect ppl to be forensic experts able to get away with the perfe t crime...but have these mfers watched a crime tv show in the last 20 years???

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
New episodes tonight :blessed:

Tulsa and Mobile. I fukks with the Mobile episodes those two breh detectives Rogers and Nettles be on they shyt

Sidenote: yall need to switch to A&E and catch the episode that's on now. Young breh in Gwinnett County killed 3 dudes in a cul-de-sac in their house one a 60 something year old white dude. One dude borrowed his guns and didn't give them back and the other two were wrong place wrong time

Breh was so nonchalant during his confession. Was in the room like "I just wanted my guns back":francis:

Breh knew he was on camera and ain't even try to lie

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
New episodes tonight :blessed:

Tulsa and Mobile. I fukks with the Mobile episodes those two breh detectives Rogers and Nettles be on they shyt

Sidenote: yall need to switch to A&E and catch the episode that's on now. Young breh in Gwinnett County killed 3 dudes in a cul-de-sac in their house one a 60 something year old white dude. One dude borrowed his guns and didn't give them back and the other two were wrong place wrong time

Breh was so nonchalant during his confession. Was in the room like "I just wanted my guns back":francis:

Breh knew he was on camera and ain't even try to lie
I was talking to someone the other day about The First 48.

It's hard to rock with it anymore given what we know about police and some of these cases. For me, the final straw was the situation with LivePD where they deleted the footage that the judge subpoenaed to protect a police officer around a murder or manslaughter IIRC. After that, I realized these people could give two fukks about us and are glorifying some suspect behavior.