We love movies and even the theater but lets be real this is what its like

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
From a marketing standpoint, I'll never understand why they show the soft drink ad right before the movie starts. Why not at the very beginning of the previews so you can manipulate the customers into thinking they need an ice-cold Coke/Pepsi before the show begins?

"fukk now I want a Pepsi, but the movie is *finally* starting after 30 minutes of previews so I'll just keep my ass in this seat."
Mfs be running down the side stairways like their lives depend on it. Every time. :russ:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I canceled my stubs membership. I saw maverick twice in theaters. Next time I'm going is for creed 3. There just aren't a lot of films coming out that I get excited for in general; let alone that I feel HAVE to be viewed on the silver screen.

The closest theater near me doesn't serve drinks so I always gotta smuggle em in; they're not 2 keen on smoking either. I think the last film I saw the new minions....I was one of the only people laughing...wifey was getting embarrassed :mjlol:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
If hearing other people eat popcorn and candy annoys you, then the movie theater probably isn't the place for you anymore. It seems like munching out when you're with a group, or on a date, don't bother people. But doing this alone all off a sudden seems to annoy some. Like I said, some people just shouldn't go to the movies if they're tripping like that. It's usually a sign they have other issues.

And if theaters gonna start asking or requiring people to finish their candy or popcorn during the trailer, then it's a rap for me. I still think that weirdo sitting next to me when I went to see "Nope", complained about me eating my popcorn after the movie started. It seems like certain members of our race are the only ones that have issue with it, when they see I'm alone of course. I also noticed that when I sat in the middle rows, or too far from the back row, somebody from one of the rows behind me would start spraying perfume, to the point I'd feel it on my lips, as if they're hoping it gets in my popcorn...but nobody would be sitting that close behind me. It might be the theater blowing something from the vents, who knows. One way or another, since I started sitting all the way in the back, it hasn't happened since. I'm not sure if this is done on purpose or not, but today, if that would happen when I wasn't sitting in the back row, I would probably turnaround and say something, and let the dog it hits holler, then get security if it escalates.

I never had this problem in the DMV. This only happened to me at this certain theater location in Atlanta. I'm not sure if they're still doing this or not, because like I said, I sit way in the back, which shouldn't be necessary. Nobody, I mean nobody, wants to blow their who life by popping somebody, because they hit you for eating your popcorn. But sometimes you gotta let people know certain nonsense won't be tolerated. For example when that big weirdo sitting beside me, was giving me funny looks because I was eating my popcorn, I said in a not too loud voice, "get the f*** outta here". I didn't let him know if I was talking to him, or to something on the movie screen. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure if the movie even started. But I know one thing, I didn't stop eating my popcorn when the movie did start. Like I said when I mentioned him in that first "Nope" review thread, I noticed he started stretching his knuckles. And I started placing my hand near my 9 mm. I even laughed throughout some of the movie, letting him know he wasn't intimidating nobody.

I don't suggest y'all handle it the way I did, but for that moment for me, I felt I had to be a little quick to let that big dude know he wasn't gonna tell me at my age, when or how to eat my popcorn, just because I was alone. But if something like this happens again, I would probably just sit some where else if I could. But I'm still glad I did what I did. That big dude will probably think twice before acting a fool again to another complete stranger, going by just his looks, something the ATL seem to foolishly do sometimes.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If hearing other people eat popcorn and candy annoys you, then the movie theater probably isn't the place for you anymore. It seems like munching out when you're with a group, or on a date, don't bother people. But doing this alone all off a sudden seems to annoy some. Like I said, some people just shouldn't go if they're tripping like that. It's usually a sign they have other issues.

And if they gonna start asking or requiring people to finish their candy or popcorn during the trailer, then it's a rap for me. I still think that weirdo sitting next to me when I went to see "Nope", complained about me eating my popcorn after the movie started. It seems like certain Negroes are the only ones that have issue with it, when they see you alone of course.
:dahell:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
For the trailer video below, they momentarily added her asking us to finish our candy before the movie started...smh. That version showed up on my visit right after I almost had the incident with that big weirdo. It usually shows right before the movie starts. How stupid does she sound asking that, especially after seeing those first two or three videos in the OP. I noticed they quickly took out the part of her asking that on my last two visits at AMC.

Either that big clown complained about me, or they just watch brothers too hard, or both. I've seen these kinda things happen before.

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
:pachaha: my first job was as a projectionist and i lowkey kinda miss it sometimes. the pay was absolute trash but it was cool on some FIRST job type shyt.
we had to splice all those previews in. if i remember right the 'enjoy the show' clips came off a digital projector to the side.