Daps
Reppin
San Diego
But some things ARE white people shyt…

:ohhh:

dirty-feet_62d7e62980f4e.jpg

lxqg9cxof1cc9l9y5aec-934857.jpg

cucumber-sandwich-recipe-1.jpg

Showering with no washcloth, having a baby outside in the cold with no jacket or beanie, etc.

Daps
Things will never change for black people as a collective until hood/street culture is no longer the dominant image of what we see of ourselves , especially a segment of young black boys.

Hood/street culture keeps you in a box. A mental cage.

So many black people wanna let loose, be adventurous and do things outside the box but the hood mentality prevents that.

Some dudes can't even loosen up, crack a smile or act goofy without feeling awkward because the hood mentality tells them that they must be "hard" 24/7
nikka we don't smile in the hood
:birdman:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Things will never change for black people as a collective until hood/street culture is no longer the dominant image of what we see of ourselves , especially a segment of young black boys.

Hood/street culture keeps you in a box. A mental cage.

So many black people wanna let loose, be adventurous and do things outside the box but the hood mentality prevents that.

Some dudes can't even loosen up, crack a smile or act goofy without feeling awkward because the hood mentality tells them that they must be "hard" 24/7
The hood boogeyman ..yall dudes scary:mjpls:

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
Incest and bestiality is white people shyt son, :manny: and I’ll continue to say it, sorry, not sorry. That other shyt u talkin isn’t considered “white people shyt”, never heard that in my life.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
we dont cus majority of us are priced out of that shyt
This.

I've been skateboarding for 32 years now and I remember reading one of those extreme sports magazines that had skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding called "Strength Mag" back in the day, and one of them had an interview with a Black pro snowboarder about how snowboarding was just too expensive for most black people to get into. Snowboards alone are expensive...then there's the bindings, boots, jackets, helmets, goggles, etc...same with skiing.

There are some things that white people dominate that are we are not involved in in large numbers because they price us out from participating. They won't outwardly say it though.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When people say white people shyt, they mean having their dogs sleep in their bed, or using the same pillows their cats sleep on......

I know plenty of black people with animals. shyt I just joined #dogset, she will never sleep on or in my bed.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
This.

I've been skateboarding for 32 years now and I remember reading one of those extreme sports magazines that had skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding called "Strength Mag" back in the day, and one of them had an interview with a Black pro snowboarder about how snowboarding was just too expensive for most black people to get into. Snowboards alone are expensive...then there's the bindings, boots, jackets, helmets, goggles, etc...same with skiing.

There are some things that white people dominate that are we are not involved in in large numbers because they price us out from participating. They won't outwardly say it though.
bruh i remember people use to be on twitter saying “we’d dominate gymnastics if black people werent homophobic” nikkas dont know tumbling classes and shyt cost an arm and a leg. :snoop:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When people say white people shyt, they mean having their dogs sleep in their bed, or using the same pillows their cats sleep on......

I know plenty of black people with animals. shyt I just joined #dogset, she will never sleep on or in my bed.
this

i love dogs and i'm not finna have one lick my lips and tongue on purpose.

or im not finna add raisons to a salad to add some "kick" to it.

i do hike, i did snowboard, i skate, listen to music that would be considered "white".

black people should need to stop policing each other over irrelevant shyt. you wanna call a dude corny? do so cause he's moving weight on the streets or spinning blocks. not cause he's playing chess online or likes KoRn

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I feel uncomfortable at the thought of doing what I consider to be white people things, such as going to the country club for a round of golf, or attending an opera or classical music concert.

There's a reason that I and presumably many other people from ethnic minority backgrounds too would feel uncomfortable in those environments. They're designed and priced and gate-kept to ensure that people like us won't be going there very often. To start with, the fact that these places have a strict dresscode which is often based on traditional European aristocratic fashion. It's something very foreign to me, and even a little intimidating if I'm honest, the fact that I need to go rent or buy a whole outfit just for one specific occasion. And then there's the dining etiquette. You go to a high and mighty dinner and there will be like 20 forks, knives, and spoons each, and you don't know which one is supposed to be used for which dish. Motherfukker, I'm south Asian, and we eat damn nearly everything with our bare right hand. What the hell do I know about cutlery, except that its redundant and spoils the dining experience compared to using your right hand to feed yourself, the way nature intended.

These sorts of things are done by conscious choice to exclude people from different backgrounds. They're done to create safe-spaces for wealthy blue-blooded white people, so that they can easily see when someone doesn't belong in that environment and cast them out.

I really relate to that scene from the Wire when Major Colvin takes those kids to a fancy white restaurant and how uncomfortable the kids are in that environment. It's because they haven't been to a place like that before and they can sense the fact that the people who normally go there can tell that they're outsiders. It puts the kids on edge. They're not confident. They're worried about being exposed as not belonging there, and worried about embarrassing themselves.

Again, this is all by design. You go to a significant cultural event in my culture, or a west Asian culture, or an African culture, and they put on no airs. If people can tell you don't belong there in the sense that it's a new experience for you, they will come and help you out, they will put you at ease and make you feel more comfortable. European cultural events are the only ones I've been to where I feel like I'm being scrutinised to see whether I belong or not.

Last edited: