We have to stop viewing things as WHITE people shyt

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
I hear what you saying but cmon bro some things are just going to naturally be cultural. You telling me bocce ball ain some white shyt? I would say we should stop the shaming of it but to not acknowledge a certain demographic connects to these hobbies is crazy

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
giphy.webp

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I hear what you saying but cmon bro some things are just going to naturally be cultural. You telling me bocce ball ain some white shyt? I would say we should stop the shaming of it but to not acknowledge a certain demographic connects to these hobbies is crazy
Without anyone googling it … I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t know what bocce ball is …

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline

From an entrepreneurial stand point it does good to expand your mind to different possibilities and ideas

IT can be transferred and manipulated to fit into black culture or whatever culture you're apart

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I've been saying this, but I've tried to articulate this on this board and in threads that have gotten one starred even though people have felt the content...mainly, because the delivery was wrong.

it just pains me to see black men, black women and just the presence of black people painfully absent in certain areas and fields.

Black people would be popping in so many areas if we just got over ourselves

Thats SHAQ right there playing for a crowd of thousands at an EDM festival.

Black people should be all over that considering the genres that make up EDM were all created by BLACK PEOPLE.

Manny2828

Pro
Daps
are there black people that still label certain hobbies as white shyt today :dahell: I really only heard this back in high school, black people 18+ don’t be saying shyt like that and who gives a fukk if they do? It’s your life do whatever you want:yeshrug:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Same people who are against calling things "White People Shiit" are the same ones who probably look down on activities deemed "Black People Shiit"

:comeon:

It's 1 o'clock and the sun is out... we see y'all :mjpls:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Wtf is bocce ball, I live in the great white north and never heard of this :russ:

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Start with the kids.

This generation may be in too deep
That's why I do what I do on social media because I'm trying to reach out the young black population first and foremost.

Especially considering myself as a DJ and producer that's who I'm trying to reach. Like there are many young black folks who don't know about the history of house and techno and Drum and bass and breaks or electronic dance music altogether. They just automatically see it as white people s*** because white people have dominated damn near all those genres.

Like growing up in the 90s if it weren't for Black house and techno DJs I would have never have considered getting into this.

Like I really think about how young black people that want to get into what I'm doing have CACs to look "up" to for inspiration. Which is sad. Things work better when you have somebody that looks like you doing what you want to do in life that way you're more inclined to go for it. That's why representation matters.