We gotta talk about February

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not understanding the correlation. You called them sony stans and said most sony stans are only checking for horizon and Elden ring, yet they just said they aren’t.
Sony stans are buying Horizon 2 even without liking or finishing the 1st.

While they will be hesitant on Elden ring and buy if it's hyped and enough and praised.

Also I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just in general and I'm sure the sales # for that month will back things up.

You can almost line up the top 3 games

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Covid pushed everything back.

Will be interesting how devs handle release dates. Will they just released them when they are “done”?

or will they push them back further for strategic sales reasons:ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
…and I also need them to work on not recreating another vast world that’s as empty and soulless as a ubisoft game

Thats the problem with open world games in general. I’d say out of all the ones I’ve played witcher 3 is the only exception

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony stans are buying Horizon 2 even with liking or finishing the 1st.

While they will be hesitant on Elden ring and buy if it's hyped and enough and praised.

Also I'm not talking about anyone in particular, just in general and I'm sure the sales # for that month will back things up.

You can almost line up the top 3 games

I wouldn’t be surprised if more “sony stans” bought saints row

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean that others don't.

but that was never the discussion…you randomly brought up sales as if that was an appropriate response/counter to a specific opinion he shared

…people need to stop frontin like they didn't know the words to Ice Ice Baby by heart

…and I absolutely don’t smh

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really? Because i felt like arcadium was stomping me out for suggesting it was anything but a shallow open world pretty city

Depends on what you played it on I guess. But the game itself had a ton of random events, people traveling and interacting and in game communities.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
y’all are so A to Z and very disingenuous smh

I’m just not placing my expectations there, because aside from witcher 3 it seems to just be a persuasive problem of the way open world games are in general. I remember before Ghost of Tsushima dropped they were equating the open world design/questing to Witcher and it def isn’t.

Do I hope HFW or a new open world game eventually manages to capture that? Yes, but it’s not a high expectation i have from the genre in general anymore. Just make it fun for me to traverse it like BoTW