We Got Motherland Thots Out Here Twerkin?

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Breh how old are you :mjlol:

Please believe twerking isn't something new. The same shyt y'all see on Twitter and IG I used to see broads doing at block parties and basement parties in NY.
I'm West Indian, I know all about how women shake their ass. :ufdup:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Body isolation in dance comes from Africa

Y'all think it's a coincidence that there's booty/hip dances across the diaspora huh :gladbron:
Wine twerk wuk up etc all have a source brehs :skip:

Go anywhere there's black people and you see twerking, but evidently this is something that started with social media :russ:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Congolese music swept the continent in the 90s and the dances were considered very provocative by some other nations. However you will find African dances like mapouka, baikoko, kongonya etc that focuses on the waist as well as ass. Religious influences drive them out of the mainstream but you still see a lot of them on youtube.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
yes. Girls shaking ass is nothing new. Twerking is a recent trend though. Girls were NOT moving their ass like that regularly. That's just false.
You're wrong about this breh. I'll never forget that coming of age moment in 8th or 9th grade when school dances and house parties went from innocent two stepping to twerking in the same way that girls twerk today. I'm 31.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mapouka is an Ivorian dance and i remember this Ghanaian breh telling me about underground DVDs and live shows he would go to

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
You mean you don't "call it" twerking.
It's still dancing based around ass shaking, perhaps more culturally acceptable, but essentially the same thing.

Some of them seem to think we were just watching Youtube one and decided to "steal their dances and pervert them" lol

This dumb tweet was all over my timeline for a few days:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
My favorite variation is the Bantu niiko dance ethnic Somalis do
wweHqw9VoR9Zu.gif
NjrdXgbtuUm5O.gif

e2qzoUcp1EPDi.gif
e2qzoUcp1EPDi.gif
kE0d0gdDZkg0M.gif
kE0d0gdDZkg0M.gif