"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Even if we had most of the guys we're missing, we're not as good as Baltimore and today was a long shot, made even longer by the drops and self inflicted wounds.

Credit to the team rallying around Wentz and not giving up after digging an early hole for the second straight week, there's really nothing they can do about the backups on the OL (specifically on the right side) getting bullied early on.

The real season starts Thursday night, doesn't matter how injured they are, if they lose that one even this trash division becomes almost out of reach.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
We need a real offensive coordinator that calls the plays enough is enough

Gerry needs to be cut as fast as they cut Fort last season. I'm sick of all the plea copping Schwartz does for his sorry ass. There's no reason Davion Taylor shouldn't be playing over him

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
We need a real offensive coordinator that calls the plays enough is enough

Gerry needs to be cut as fast as they cut Fort last season. I'm sick of all the plea copping Schwartz does for his sorry ass. There's no reason Davion Taylor shouldn't be playing over him

Taylor should just play special teams this season, he's not ready

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Excuse me but this is a long rant and pure rant, Another few things about Jim Schwartz and his defense.

Over the years with this guy, Its always one tight end or receiver that destroys this team in a winnable game like they put up career numbers in one game and Schwartz never adjusts to take that player away. Im talking 100 plus yards and/or 3 plus touchdowns. Just goes on doing the same thing like the other team will not dare repeat it for sportsmanship reasons.

think about it, all the years he has been here, Gronk in the superbowl, Corey Davis in 2018, Amari Cooper in 2018, Both Diggs and Thielen in 2018, Terry McLaurin last year, Calvin Ridley last year, Davante Adams last year, Stefon Diggs last year and Devante Parker last year

Tyler fukking Higbee this year, George Kittle this year, Chase Claypool a freakin canadian stylin on us in American Football !!!, sorry @Box Factory :lolbron:.

U would think after Claypool scores his second touchdown and u got the luxury of a cover corner like Slay to say Hey, Pittsburgh is using this guy to beat us and knowing our history, Slay should stay on this kid the whole game whereever he goes.. but Nnnnnooooo, Schwartz likes to move pieces around for this game in particular after seeing Slay shut down Terry McLaurin week one, Robert Woods week two, AJ Green week three and Deebo Samuel in Week four.

Another thing on that Nathan Gerry play, wtf is he doing out there in the first place. It was an empty set, so no runningbacks and I dont see a tight end I think. So its all wide receivers. Even if there was a running back or tight end out there on that empty set, u would put Gerry there absolutely but not on a damn wide receiver. Call timeout, get him out of there.

And at that point u have Mills, Robey Coleman, Crevon Leblanc and Craig James healthy at corner. I would rather see Rodney McLeod in there on a empty set replacing Nathan Gerry with Kvon Wallace and Gerry providing Safety help.

Does Schwartz really think Gerry is fukkin Deion Jones from the Falcons, even he has trouble covering a receiver and he is considered one of the better cover linebackers in the league:mindblown:

And lastly, whose bright idea was it to cut both Sidney Jones and Rasul Douglas. I can understand one of them but both :mindblown:. Its not like we dont deal with corner injuries every year but they decide to have depth at slot corner and actually pay Robey Coleman to play slot when u have two already serviceable ones in LeBlanc and Maddox.

U have undersized Maddox, LeBlanc, Robey Coleman and Craig James out there tackling these big ass outside receivers, that Bengals game, I was like wtf, seeing them struggle to tackle Higgins and Boyd, who are another set to have big games against us.

And look at this,

And Rasul is starting for the Panthers and doing alright.

You just dont throw away both second and third round outside corners away like that with no replacement. It is telling that both Jones and Douglas were snagged so quickly on waivers too after u cut them, wat most normal teams value. They came into this season with Maddox, a five foot nine inch 183 pound slot corner starting outside.:mindblown:.

If u gonna cut Jones and Douglas, at least sign a bigger veteran outside corner who was or is still out there in free agency or trade for one.

Im watching these game and the Eagles did not and do not need Javon Hargraves. Thats a waste of money that should have went to a corner or linebacker.

And I know that fukker Schwartz has alot of say on the defensive personnel of the roster and Howie green lights it. Remember Schwartz was hired before Pederson, its like we have two head coaches and I think Schwartz has more say than Pederson on roster moves on the defensive side.

Schwartz has to go, it was our destiny to win that superbowl, we won that shyt in spite of him.

I started fukkin with the eagles in 2000, during those Jim Johnson days. Im just saying we deserve better.

Ok, im done.

And Fukk Howie. His azz has to go too with Schwartzy:camby:

hargraves made no sense
told yall rasul was solid...was dumb to cut him
ppl treat rasul like he bradley fletcher or sumn. never understood it

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
hargraves made no sense
told yall rasul was solid...was dumb to cut him
ppl treat rasul like he bradley fletcher or sumn. never understood it

Rasul is good in specific systems- he is doing well in carolina bc he is a zone corner and they play tampa 2 (i think) so he gets safety help
there- he either plays man and if he is matched up on smaller- fast WR, and he gets burned or he is in zone BUT he gets no safety help when he is playing aggressively-I believe there was a clear disconnect between the front office and the DC on that pick

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's more ready than Gerry
Taylor showed some speed on that tackle on Lamar at the end .

I'm one of wentz's biggest critics

I thought he made some good plays out there
For what he was up against.

Fulgham I would love to see him line up with Reagor and healthy Alshon . I gotta say tho its just like it is with wentz alshon been hurt for a min we need you on the field bru.

Now ertz hurt damn.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
You have THAT much confidence in the Front Office??? because I don't.

I like winning so F that lol.

Howie Roseman is looking funny in the light on the personnel side of things. The only way you get any serious changes is if Lurie grows a pair

Even if you're a big Howie critic, it's almost impossible to evaluate the roster he's assembled, they're not on the field -- It's not just older guys like Peters & DeSean either. Reagor, Goedert, Seumalo, Edwards, Avonte, today with Miles & Driscoll, these are all young players.

The only part of the team you can truly evaluate is LB, the unit they brought to 2020 is trash but we all knew that. Jatavis Brown was a good athlete they thought could play well in a larger role but his retirement basically handed the job to Gerry. Getting anything from Taylor & Bradley was always gonna be a longshot as covid rookies.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps

Even if you're a big Howie critic, it's almost impossible to evaluate the roster he's assembled, they're not on the field -- It's not just older guys like Peters & DeSean either. Reagor, Goedert, Seumalo, Edwards, Avonte, today with Miles & Driscoll, these are all young players.

The only part of the team you can truly evaluate is LB, the unit they brought to 2020 is trash but we all knew that. Jatavis Brown was a good athlete they thought could play well in a larger role but his retirement basically handed the job to Gerry. Getting anything from Taylor & Bradley was always gonna be a longshot as covid rookies.

That’s why I don’t see why people be like we gotta fire Howie or then say Doug.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
nah, we gotta be patient with him just like we were with Mailata
He's 4 years in

:yeshrug: don't know how much longer you need to see dude is ass in coverage. In run support hes:obama: but when QBs have a 150+ QB rating against dude and he's suppose to be our main coverage leaves you like :huhldup:

Least with mailata he had to literally learn how to play the sport from scratch.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
He's 4 years in

:yeshrug: don't know how much longer you need to see dude is ass in coverage. In run support hes:obama: but when QBs have a 150+ QB rating against dude and he's suppose to be our main coverage leaves you like :huhldup:

Least with mailata he had to literally learn how to play the sport from scratch.

Taylor doesn't have much in-game experience himself...he could only practice in HS bc of his religion