"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
If Hurts shows us that he can potentially be the guy, i think you trade carson

The cap hit if you trade him is i think 34 mil.

His gonna count for 20something mil against the cap if hes on the roster anyways

Id take that 10 mil hit if it meant adding a coupke early round picks to the roster

We got a 1st for a garbage and physically broken sam Bradford. Wentz is still bringing in a haul of picks despite how bad he was this year. Theres always a gm dumb enough

they cant take a 34M cap hit on Carson- the Eagles are gonna eat dead cap money from Alshon and Desean at the tune of close to 15M- that means Desean, Alshon and Wentz would acct for 50M+ in just dead cap...there is no way this happens.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
they cant take a 34M cap hit on Carson- the Eagles are gonna eat dead cap money from Alshon and Desean at the tune of close to 15M- that means Desean, Alshon and Wentz would acct for 50M+ in just dead cap...there is no way this happens.
He's on the books for a $34m cap hit next season whether he's on the roster or not, so they're not saving money by keeping him. If they've reached a point where they don't believe they can salvage Carson then getting what they can via trade and relieving themselves of any financial obligations after that $34m makes sense.

Personally, I don't think they're gonna reach that point (unless Jalen goes on a Herbert like tear down the stretch). I think it's more likely that they bring in a new coach to try and rehab Wentz + develop Hurts.

Doug has good traits that have outweighed the bad (analytics based decision making, getting the team to rally around him out of holes) but this rock bottom is the culmination of a 3 year trend. Terrible 1st Qs, terrible after the bye, struggling to integrate talent, advanced scouts saying his route concepts & designs are stale & uncreative. That's all game planning and it's been a major issue since his staff got purged after the SB.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
He's on the books for a $34m cap hit next season whether he's on the roster or not, so they're not saving money by keeping him. If they've reached a point where they don't believe they can salvage Carson then getting what they can via trade and relieving themselves of any financial obligations after that $34m makes sense.

Personally, I don't think they're gonna reach that point (unless Jalen goes on a Herbert like tear down the stretch). I think it's more likely that they bring in a new coach to try and rehab Wentz + develop Hurts.

Doug has good traits that have outweighed the bad (analytics based decision making, getting the team to rally around him out of holes) but this rock bottom is the culmination of a 3 year trend. Terrible 1st Qs, terrible after the bye, struggling to integrate talent, advanced scouts saying his route concepts & designs are stale & uncreative. That's all game planning and it's been a major issue since his staff got purged after the SB.

he is salvagable-I hear what you sayin but the eagles are playing Alshon because of money .

By your logic- the eagles would have cut Alshon- his cap hit this year was only 17M
There is no way they eat 50M+ in dead cap- they will trot his ass out there or be the world most expensive backup- that you can bank on. Wentz will be on the team 2021