"We Got a Senior Slump in Wentzylvania" *2020 Philadelphia Eagles Season Thread*

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Much as i like chase he isnt the answer
lol at Dallas with lamb

bigger issues
Let's say they land at pick #5, where else do they go ?

- Top Two QBs are off the board (Lawrence & Fields)
- Top OT is off the board (Sewell)

I'm not taking a G/C that high, I'm not taking a LB (Micah Parsons) that high, I'm not taking a CB (Pat Surtain Jr) that high. A WR like Chase makes the most sense from a need and likelihood to transition standpoint. It's either that or trade back and gather assets imo.

I was in agreement that WR wasn't the play had they landed in that 19-23 range with a division win, but landing in that top 5 range changes things. I don't think we can afford to pass on an elite talent like Chase, especially with how bad the misses on DK & Jefferson look.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Let's say they land at pick #5, where else do they go ?

- Top Two QBs are off the board (Lawrence & Fields)
- Top OT is off the board (Sewell)

I'm not taking a G/C that high, I'm not taking a LB (Micah Parsons) that high, I'm not taking a CB (Pat Surtain Jr) that high. A WR like Chase makes the most sense from a need and likelihood to transition standpoint. It's either that or trade back and gather assets imo.

I was in agreement that WR wasn't the play had they landed in that 19-23 range with a division win, but landing in that top 5 range changes things. I don't think we can afford to pass on an elite talent like Chase, especially with how bad the misses on DK & Jefferson look.

This draft is loaded at WR. Chase aint the end all be all. Oline should be the go to. Hearing there are some very good tackles other than Sewell like the kid from N.Western and a few more. WRs don't win you games like that to take em in top 5. That cat don't do you any good with a QB having to rush throws.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
This draft is loaded at WR. Chase aint the end all be all. Oline should be the go to. Hearing there are some very good tackles other than Sewell like the kid from N.Western and a few more. WRs don't win you games like that to take em in top 5. That cat don't do you any good with a QB having to rush throws.
I agree in theory - if there's a non-Sewell T prospect who blows them away so much that they gotta have him and don't even want to entertain the Dillard/Mailata battle in the summer, then pull the trigger. I'd be shocked if that's the case though.

2014 WR class was loaded and we came away with Jordan Matthews, 2019 WR class was loaded and we came away with one of the biggest busts ever in JJAW. I'm ready to get a no doubt about it gamebreaker who's gonna bring that juice from day one. Whether it's Chase, or whoever establishes themselves during the process, I need that.

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Draft a WR with the top 5 pick when you could have got one in Rounds 2 or 3 last year brehs:mjlol:

:mjcry: That Got Damn Howie Roseman

I think it's safe to say that reagor isn't going to pan out to be the stud wide receiver they painted him to be draft day :francis:

homie gets no separation as they kept pointing out but what gets me was how he didn't go up to try to get that one through in the end zone not every ball will be a dime

Howie gotta go he killed this team with his picks now an already regressing wentz has no weapons.....as much as I love FulGOAT and Ward they are still practice squad players...and Alshon can just pack his shyt up he won't be missed....

We also need a power back......when we had power backs we did great i.e Blount ...gives a great change of pace ...we got two undersized backs out there no one scared of and one got butter fingers...

Defense I ain't really mad ....we just gotta sure up the line backers......can't beast all game and stay passionate when your O let's you down time and time again.

And Avonte Maddox is not a damn outside corner!!!!!

And Schwartz still needs to be fired, I have had enough of him with his personnel decisions and play calling these past three years.

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
You know what Im doing this off season if im Jeffrey Lurie.

Im firing Jim Schwartz and firing Howie Roseman.

I am getting a real offensive coordinator and a new QB coach (hell I may even hire Dan Orlovsky).

I am releasing Desean Jackson and Malik Jackson for some cap relief.

I am restructuring Fletcher Cox, Wentz, Lane Johnson and Brandon Brooks contract for cap relief

I am calling the Patriots and im giving up Zach Ertz, Alshon Jeffrey( in the final year of his nightmare contract ) and a second round or third round pick for Stephon Gilmore and giving Gilmore a new contract for some cap relief and with Slay and Gilmore, outside corner should not be a problem on this team no more for a while.

I am trading Brandon Graham to like the colts or lions or bears for a second or third round pick. For Needed cap relief and he is the only player of value that could be traded and we possibly get draft capital back.

I am bringing back Fulgham, Boston Scott and Greg Ward. I am resigning Jordan Howard.

I am signing cheap veterans in free agency, no big or long term deals like they did with Desean, Malik Jackson and Javon Hargraves.

At the draft, i am taking the best player on the board every round regardless of need whether its a linebacker, safety, cornerback, o lineman, d line man, wide receiver and tight end. Correction, I wont go for a running back or Quarterback, those positions are not needed.

none of this cute shyt we been getting from Howie these past three years.this team needs young playmakers. Too many times they have passed on the best player available and have drafted busts. No more of that.

If Kelce retires, Im moving Dillard to left guard, Mailata to left tackle, Seumalo to center, Brooks stays at right guard and Lane stays at right tackle.

If Kelce doesnt retire, open competition for the left guard and left tackle spot between Dillard, Mailata and Seumalo.

And boom, this team should be competitive next season.

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I agree in theory - if there's a non-Sewell T prospect who blows them away so much that they gotta have him and don't even want to entertain the Dillard/Mailata battle in the summer, then pull the trigger. I'd be shocked if that's the case though.

2014 WR class was loaded and we came away with Jordan Matthews, 2019 WR class was loaded and we came away with one of the biggest busts ever in JJAW. I'm ready to get a no doubt about it gamebreaker who's gonna bring that juice from day one. Whether it's Chase, or whoever establishes themselves during the process, I need that.

I think Rheagor got potential, he just need to be developed a bit and get fully healthy. He has game breaker potential himself.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I re-watched the int in the red zone. It was Goedert's fault.

He was running an option route. Wagner had inside leverage on him so Goedert was supposed to option to the out route. Goedert went inside, INT. All ppl will see is INT but they don't understand the nuances of the game.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

He was running an option route. Wagner had inside leverage on him so Goedert was supposed to option to the out route. Goedert went inside, INT. All ppl will see is INT but they don't understand the nuances of the game.
Goedart said after the game that was his fukk up

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You will defend wentz throwing another INT on that same play Rogers is wide open in front of him for a first down . Wentz sucks there was no pressure nothing he messed up .

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This play pissed me off the most... How does Carson not see that and audible.
Jalen has to demand the ball there too, make him aware

Jalen would naturally check down. Its in his DNA. He is not a stretch the field type of thrower normally

Last edited: