We Down With JPP?: The Official New York Football Giants offseason thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
flowers it is. cant really hate the pick, even if he never becomes a left tackle, it allows pugh to move inside were he will be better anyway.

and i gotta say brehs, if la'el collins is there i would take him in the 6th or 7th round, if he murdered someone :manny: cut him. those guys rarely make the team anyway. low risk, high reward. i'll look past anything to see eli raise that trophy :demonic:
They say Flowers is a true RT despite playing LT at Miami. I believe the intent is to keep Beatty at LT, Flowers at RT, move Pugh inside.

Sheeeiiiit, I'm kinda with you on Collins if he's there late Saturday. :patrice:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
Landon Collins in the second :lupe: I would take him

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
When we went down to Miami and talked to all the coaches and stuff and when we had him in here for a visit – we went down there and had dinner with him and spent some time with him. He is quiet. He is very quiet, but he is a smart quiet. He is all about football. He is a gym rat. They tell you at [Miami] that he just hangs around the facility. He works out all the time. He is real tight with his dad and they work out together. He will come back to the facility and work out some more. He doesn’t go out and hang out. He doesn’t party. You would think down in Miami and South Beach that he would be out, but he is one of the exceptions down there. He doesn’t go out. He just wants to play football. He doesn’t want to talk about it, he just wants to be about the action, as Marshawn Lynch said.

They say he is the nastiest guy and you don’t want to mess with him because he is all about football and his love for the game. He is going to will himself to get on the field right way.

:banderas: we have a goon on the squad :blessed: :mjcry:

Did you see that [Brandon Scherff] may be more polished, but [Flowers] has a higher ceiling?

A: Again, Scherff was a fifth-year senior. This guy is a 20-year-old, third-year junior. Scherff was a 22 or 23-year old fifth-year senior, so of course he has been around. He has played more and been around it more. He was slightly better with technique and playing, but there wasn’t that much of a major difference.

I agree.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
If La'el is there in the 6th I'd take that risk.

I think if the Giants had gone with Shelton, or gotten Beasley... I'd agree. But because they took Flowers, they will almost definitely NOT take La'el. I wouldn't hate that pick, but they'd get fried for taking the same position twice, one as a 'reach' and one as a guy involved (even peripherally) in a murder case about a dead pregnant woman.

I think if he falls to the 3rd, then pounce. But his agent is definitely all over the phones today, talking to every team that will take the call, having him explain the situation. So I think somebody takes him round 2, and probably profits nicely.

As far as the giants, they're needs are wide, and they extend to the defensive line as well as the defensive backfield... so I think Odi from UCLA, or Preston Smith, or Michael Bennett, or Goldman along the line. Jalen or Landon collins... Eric Rowe as a DB, maybe they like Super Maxx at tight end...

Just an opinion. They obviously could go anywhere... somebody like DGB would be a massive upside/risk pick.

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I think if the Giants had gone with Shelton, or gotten Beasley... I'd agree. But because they took Flowers, they will almost definitely NOT take La'el. I wouldn't hate that pick, but they'd get fried for taking the same position twice, one as a 'reach' and one as a guy involved (even peripherally) in a murder case about a dead pregnant woman.

I think if he falls to the 3rd, then pounce. But his agent is definitely all over the phones today, talking to every team that will take the call, having him explain the situation. So I think somebody takes him round 2, and probably profits nicely.

As far as the giants, they're needs are wide, and they extend to the defensive line as well as the defensive backfield... so I think Odi from UCLA, or Preston Smith, or Michael Bennett, or Goldman along the line. Jalen or Landon collins... Eric Rowe as a DB, maybe they like Super Maxx at tight end...

Just an opinion. They obviously could go anywhere... somebody like DGB would be a massive upside/risk pick.
i wouldnt take him that high, but insiders are saying he might not even be drafted. round 6 and 7 are the only scenarios where we should take him.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
i wouldnt take him that high, but insiders are saying he might not even be drafted. round 6 and 7 are the only scenarios where we should take him.

Who are you talking about here, La'el Collins? I look at it like this... if he ended up in the supplemental... he's probably get a 3rd round bid, easy. So I don't think he drops through the 4-5 region.

And if, as his people are saying AND the police are saying... he's not a suspect. Well, you could be getting a top 15 talent there, with no baggage. I dunno, you already got a lineman, but man... between Beatty's regression and Schwarz's health... giving manning as much time as possible should be a top priority.

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
tempIMG_8479--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

:obama:just look at the Flowers

K-Deini

GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Who are you talking about here, La'el Collins? I look at it like this... if he ended up in the supplemental... he's probably get a 3rd round bid, easy. So I don't think he drops through the 4-5 region.

And if, as his people are saying AND the police are saying... he's not a suspect. Well, you could be getting a top 15 talent there, with no baggage. I dunno, you already got a lineman, but man... between Beatty's regression and Schwarz's health... giving manning as much time as possible should be a top priority.
yes, la'el. he was already denied the supplemental draft, so its this or nothing. i dont think any team is touching him that high when the hernandez thing just happened, despite what he and the police may say right now.