We can all agree The Weeknd is done now, right?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Last album was good overall.

I def think he’s reaching parody status and the house stuff could lead him off a cliff. It was a fun era but it’s time to move on. The loosies and features he’s done this year feel super extravagant and boring. I’m hoping the delay of the tour is what’s led him to stay on this wave, and he’ll go find a new sound/image for next time.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California

I def think he’s reaching parody status and the house stuff could lead him off a cliff. It was a fun era but it’s time to move on. The loosies and features he’s done this year feel super extravagant and boring. I’m hoping the delay of the tour is what’s led him to stay on this wave, and he’ll go find a new sound/image for next time.

the tour gon be lit tho. i'm going and i'm not a massive weeknd fan like that even tho i fukked wit breh since the beginning

he got a nice voice, he need to get on some smooth player jazz shyt for the next album

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He may be mainstream and deep down ima always miss vampire cokehead trilogy vibes, but his love for 80s inspires heavy synth housey vibes lately is still giving me life. Never in a million fukin years would I ever imagine house of balloons and Swedish house fukin mafia doin a song together.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
He may be mainstream and deep down ima always miss vampire cokehead trilogy vibes, but his love for 80s inspires heavy synth housey vibes lately is still giving me life. Never in a million fukin years would I ever imagine house of balloons and Swedish house fukin mafia doin a song together.

I like it, songs like Secrets are dope but I also am a big Pop/80s rock fan. I don't need *that sound again, but he has been dialing down some of the creativity.

I have yet to listen but agree with the other part.

the tour gon be lit tho. i'm going and i'm not a massive weeknd fan like that even tho i fukked wit breh since the beginning

he got a nice voice, he need to get on some smooth player jazz shyt for the next album

I bought tickets to the now-cancelled concert don't know if I'll buy more, I think it will be fun however but really moved away from even being in the same space as certain crowds :mjpls:tbh, not really interested in being around a bunch of the typical fan even if I like the content.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I like max martin but I hope they don't use him next album

take my breath sound too poppy

The house stuff works best when he's adding his own darker sounds to it. At worse it sounds extremely generic and poppy. There's a track towards of the end of his last album (In Your Eyes) with this sleazy sax solo and it just feels like the most generic shyt ever. Then you have shyt like the title track which is a top ten Abel track IMO. Perfect mix of his sound and the new sound.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I throughly enjoyed After Hours but Weeknd has been on autopilot it seems for a minute now. He still has the talent to create another classic album/mixtape but he’s been taking the safe route making 80’s pop songs which have been hit & miss.

It feels like he’s using that style as a crutch because it has a higher chance of becoming a hit.

I’m not saying that he should go back to the HOB era because let’s be real, Abel would never be able to create that kinda magic again but I’ll like to hear him on different production and give us something new.