"We believe in generations"

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

PlayStation Boss Not Interested in Making PS4 Versions of PS5 Games - IGN
Talking to GamesIndustry, Ryan said “We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include. And that, in our view, people should make games that can make the most of those features.”
“We do believe in generations, and whether it's the DualSense controller, whether it's the 3D audio, whether it's the multiple ways that the SSD can be used,” he said. “We are thinking that it is time to give the PlayStation community something new, something different, that can really only be enjoyed on PS5."
Should be interesting to see how he walks this back if he ever does. I'm betting he just never mentions it again and comes out and says they're doing great things by allowing all their customers to access these games when initially it seemed like he didn't care if PS4 gamers didn't get them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, it's more than just a performance patch.

It's a "PS5" remaster unlike TLOU 2 or Ghosts of Tsushima that just simply unlocked the framerate and changed nothing else.
What I'm saying is that's still Final Fantasy VII Remake. There isn't even any new content in it. It's the same game that was released last year at a faster frame rate with updated textures for a 4K resolution. Calling that a PS5 exclusive game is like calling the upgrade patch for Gears 5 on Xbox Series X a exclusive. It's still the same game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The shyt Sony stans let Sony get away with is crazy.

They take FF7R, a game that came out not too long ago. They upgrade the resolution/framerate(a free update in most other game) then hold the DLC hostage on the “remake” to force you to buy the game full price again on PS5 if you want the DLC.

Then Sony stans call it a “PS5 exclusive”

:wow: they got y’all trained to applaud being shytted on

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

They take FF7R, a game that came out not too long ago. They upgrade the resolution/framerate(a free update in most other game) then hold the DLC hostage on the “remake” to force you to buy the game full price again on PS5 if you want the DLC.

Rebuying DLC in order to play additional DLC is crazy

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

In what Craig reality do you have to buy the entire game again? Intergrade is a free upgrade And Sony doesn’t make final fantasy games

Daps

pretty much
and you can't say shyt about it either :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What I'm saying is that's still Final Fantasy VII Remake. There isn't even any new content in it. It's the same game that was released last year at a faster frame rate with updated textures for a 4K resolution. Calling that a PS5 exclusive game is like calling the upgrade patch for Gears 5 on Xbox Series X a exclusive. It's still the same game.
I'm including the INTERmission Yuffie episode along with the base upgrades together. Now before you go on and say "You bought a PS5 for that?", no as Intergrade was revealed back in February several months after launch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So y’all stanning a free upgrade and calling it an “exclusive”????

even worse :mjlol:

Y'all see the sly change of words here?

First, he wrongly says the base game's upgrades are tied behind a DLC forcing you to rebuy the game "full price again" and then in the very next post he says "ya'll stanning a free upgrade."

Is it a free upgrade or is it a full-priced game?

:snoop:

These is the nikkas you want me to be console warring with @MAGARussiaLGBT Crunch ? :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

First, he wrongly says the base game's upgrades are tied behind a DLC forcing you to rebuy the game "full price again" and then in the very next post he says "ya'll stanning a free upgrade."

These is the nikkas you want me to be console warring with @MAGARussiaLGBT Crunch ? :mjlol:
I didn’t know there was a free upgrade. @Gizmo_Duck said it was free so I said your stanning and listing of it as an “exclusive” is even worse. If that’s the case Xbox got like 300 “exclusives” :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

It's the same core game with performance and asset adjustments for new hardware. This is still a game that came out last year and as long as you purchased the game outright the upgrades are free. The DLC is tied to the PS5 however so PS4 owners that don't have a PS5 don't get access.

Again Gears 5 got Xbox Series upgrades for free and new DLC. Does that make it an Xbox Series exclusive or is it really just Gears 5 still?

Them re-releasing a game on new hardware that other than performance and asset modifications they didn't change the core game isn't really an exclusive. The DLC is what's exclusive but in reality how long is that going to be? Probably a couple hours.

So far the real exclusive games are the Demon Souls remake, Returnal, and Ratchet & Clank. I think they had a vehicle combat game also. I'm not saying those games don't matter but they're appetizers. The main courses will be served to others as well for the foreseeable future.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

Regardless, y'all really bragging about DLC :mjlol:

That's like us bragging about Hivebusters :dead:

I guess we should expect this behavior from y'all. After all, Sony stans really did hype up a 5 hr DLC in Miles, we didn't forget. :mjlit:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FF7 Remake wouldn’t be a exclusive anyway, it’s timed

and FF7 > Gears in every sense of the word. Please stop bringing up that wack ass franchise