"We believe in generations"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's the same core game with performance and asset adjustments for new hardware. This is still a game that came out last year and as long as you purchased the game outright the upgrades are free. The DLC is tied to the PS5 however so PS4 owners that don't have a PS5 don't get access.

Again Gears 5 got Xbox Series upgrades for free and new DLC. Does that make it an Xbox Series exclusive or is it really just Gears 5 still?

Them re-releasing a game on new hardware that other than performance and asset modifications they didn't change the core game isn't really an exclusive. The DLC is what's exclusive but in reality how long is that going to be? Probably a couple hours.

So far the real exclusive games are the Demon Souls remake, Returnal, and Ratchet & Clank. I think they had a vehicle combat game also. I'm not saying those games don't matter but they're appetizers. The main courses will be served to others as well for the foreseeable future.
We not talking about Gears though. Whether the DLC is 5hrs or however long it is, it's still something new that i can't play anywhere else at the time being. Gears is a game that is on PC that had those"upgrades" a year ago so it's not really the same comparison.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
We not talking about Gears though. Whether the DLC is 5hrs or however long it is, it's still something new that i can't play anywhere else at the time being. Gears is a game that is on PC that had those"upgrades" a year ago so it's not really the same comparison.
That still doesn't get Final Fantasy VII Remake to the level it should be counted as a PS5 exclusive. The game in it's entirety is available on PS4. I don't expect you to ever concede that point but everyone else knows the truth.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That still doesn't get Final Fantasy VII Remake to the level it should be counted as a PS5 exclusive. The game in it's entirety is available on PS4. I don't expect you to ever concede that point but everyone else knows the truth.
The Yuffie DLC makes it more of an exclusive than Miles Morales imo. Since I can't play that DLC on the PS4 then it's not multiplatform. It'd be like saying Persona 5 Royal is not a PS4 exclusive because the base game without the added content is available in its entirety for PS3.

I can start the reductionist argument about whether the little changes here and there throughout the base game constitute enough content to be seen as a different game.

Your hangup here is you think me saying FFVIIR(I) is a PS5 exclusive is me putting it on the same level as Returnal or Ratchet which are true exclusives. If the DLC didn't exist and it didn't have PS5 hardware support(Dualsense, loading times, lighting/asset upgrades), I wouldn't count it. That's why I haven't mentioned Miles Morales as a PS5 game ever since it was announced for PS4.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ff7RE dlc is a safe money grab from both Sony and square, just call it what it is.

You want to play it? Buy a ps5. Game could easily be on ps4, and I'm sure a PS4 version is sitting around shelved somewhere.

Sony paid them for exclusivity on ps5 and PS5 only and square was happy to oblige

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ff7RE dlc is a safe money grab from both Sony and square, just call it what it is.

You want to play it? Buy a ps5. Game could easily be on ps4, and I'm sure a PS4 version is sitting around shelved somewhere.

Sony paid them for exclusivity on ps5 and PS5 only and square was happy to oblige
Do you think I believe Sony and Square did this out of the kindness of their heart? :pachaha:

What publisher/developer isn't doing money grabs?

Is the Medium that only released for Xbox Series X and PC a money grab? I'm sure you don't dispute their claims of it being impossible to run on older hardware huh? Because I'm sure you've used that exact argument for pretty much any PS5 exclusive yet MSFT has a third party exclusive on their platform and you "Concerned gamers for the less fortunate gamer" head ass nikkas ain't say shyt about that. :skip:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you think I believe Sony and Square did this out of the kindness of their heart? :pachaha:

What publisher/developer isn't doing money grabs?

Is the Medium that only released for Xbox Series X and PC a money grab? I'm sure you don't dispute their claims of it being impossible to run on older hardware huh? Because I'm sure you've used that exact argument for pretty much any PS5 exclusive yet MSFT has a third party exclusive on their platform and you "Concerned gamers for the less fortunate gamer" head ass nikkas ain't say shyt about that. :skip:
Imagine playing the medium on a last gen system with the load times alone would make it a trash experience

Now imagine playing ff7RE....wait you can and did.:jbhmm:

And even if you couldn't get ahold of a system, they are kind enough to give you another option with PC for the medium

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
FF7 Remake wouldn’t be a exclusive anyway, it’s timed
I guess Deathloop comes off the list

tenor.gif

Daps
I want to see what the sale splits will be for ps4/ps5
gow is still going to be amazing along with horizon 2 but we won't get the dev's true vision until late in the gen like 2025/2026 if we are lucky. gow will have next gen set pieces, sequences, etc. because of Santa Monica's talents but if the majority of sales are on ps5 for both and future cross gen games like they have been for pretty much all of them especially spiderman MM, that would be two system selling AAA titles wasted to cross gen. Meaning no matter how next gen GOW's gameplay looks, we will always know it would have been on another level if it were PS5 exclusive. These companies, especially Sony, invested a lot of money in the memory, CPU, and speed solutions of these systems for a reason, and now they are wasting a large part of the technology for the sake of last gen