We all need our jobs.. but do you NEED your job????

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I did the same thing with my former job. Been there almost 10 years and one day said fukk Yall and didn't come back :russ:

Leading up to that day I was like I've been tolerating a childish volatile atmosphere for years and continuing to.. for what? "Because the money's good"??? FOH

I became a better man instantly overnight. My quality of life significantly increased and I don't mean financially I mean my overall experience of life. I'm not wound tight anymore like used to be. I don't expect jobs to be raining skittles and get along with everybody, that's unrealistic.. but now I know what I'll tolerate and what I absolutely won't.

I realized in the history of my life there has never been a time where I wasn't there for ME.. Never

No job is worth your inner peace and no job should be grasped onto for dear life, no matter how good the pay or easy it is.. fukk this job, I'll find another one like I found this one.
That’s highkey one of the most difficult things about finding stable work is trying to maintain some type of inner peace, the fukked up part though is you almost forced to grind it out or end up on the street because of how prices are

I would imagine it’s a lot of people who would be cool to work somewhere for lesser pay that fits they daily life but they can’t afford to cause the bare minimum of living in this country forces you to climb the corporate/bluecollar ladder, but most them ladders got a ceiling whether it’s bullshyt in the corporate world or the money needed to actually make something of yourself in the blue collar world

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
What's the actual "success" we're going for here?

More money? Will this make her a better/ happier human being? Especially after having "sacrificed morals" :jbhmm:

How are you better with no morals? :dahell:
Money over everything.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If you have kids and a mortgage the game totally changes.

In my 20’s I could give a flying fk about who or where I was working as long as the money was right. Now? I can’t make those kind of risky moves with 2 toddlers that rely on me to be the breadwinner.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That’s highkey one of the most difficult things about finding stable work is trying to maintain some type of inner peace, the fukked up part though is you almost forced to grind it out or end up on the street because of how prices are

I would imagine it’s a lot of people who would be cool to work somewhere for lesser pay that fits they daily life but they can’t afford to cause the bare minimum of living in this country forces you to climb the corporate/bluecollar ladder, but most them ladders got a ceiling whether it’s bullshyt in the corporate world or the money needed to actually make something of yourself in the blue collar world
what's your definition of bare minimum?
I ask because people be saying the same words but be speaking different languages

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did the same thing with my former job. Been there almost 10 years and one day said fukk Yall and didn't come back :russ:

Leading up to that day I was like I've been tolerating a childish volatile atmosphere for years and continuing to.. for what? "Because the money's good"??? FOH

I became a better man instantly overnight. My quality of life significantly increased and I don't mean financially I mean my overall experience of life. I'm not wound tight anymore like used to be. I don't expect jobs to be raining skittles and get along with everybody, that's unrealistic.. but now I know what I'll tolerate and what I absolutely won't.

I realized in the history of my life there has never been a time where I wasn't there for ME.. Never

No job is worth your inner peace and no job should be grasped onto for dear life, no matter how good the pay or easy it is.. fukk this job, I'll find another one like I found this one.
My mental health has definitely improved. I was in charge of keeping 24 or so people slaving away. 2 old white ladies constantly going on about trump and immigration. Then I got talked to for telling them their damn grandparents were immigrants or they'd be Germans so stfu :snoop:
By the end one was my 2 year olds mother who we had been broken up for 6 months going through custody shyt and haven't spoken outside of work at all in those 6 months. But she'd come ask me everyday for overtime or if a part was acceptable or not but acted like she ain't even know me outside of being her boss. Can't lie that was fukking with my head:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so how did you maintain the last 2 yrs
Honestly by no means of my own. Step dad bought up little amounts of grapes from the guy he worked for for like 22 years. Passed away not long ago now I get a check monthly from them just give his boss 15% to maintain and pick them.
Couple hundred less a month then I was making at my job but I don't have to drive anywhere or spend 10-12 hours a day making people work and hearing all the shyt people talk about their bosses.

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Celebrating I got in. The fire department I’m at I’m micromanaged 24/7 and get shytted on all day and treated like a kid. I’m a 30 year old man with a kid. Being punked by other grown men all day because I’m the new guy sucks. :francis:

Old job I was the boss and got to do whatever I wanted. Made about the same amount of money and everyone liked me. Hard adjusting to the fire department culture but trying to hang in.
are you suburbs or big city ?

Set a boundary

. Even when I was a rookie, I had a mf try to punk me. I had enough one day and straight up told dude “Talk to me like you a man or don’t talk to me at all”. From that day forward I never had issues with him.

I’m 26, no kids, not married. My rookie last year was 34, wife, 3 kids, army veteran. Treated him like I would anyone else. If I fukked up I let him know and used it as a teaching moment but never berated him

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
are you suburbs or big city ?

Set a boundary

. Even when I was a rookie, I had a mf try to punk me. I had enough one day and straight up told dude “Talk to me like you a man or don’t talk to me at all”. From that day forward I never had issues with him.

I’m 26, no kids, not married. My rookie last year was 34, wife, 3 kids, army veteran. Treated him like I would anyone else. If I fukked up I let him know and used it as a teaching moment but never berated him

I’m in the burbs. Only black guy at the department unfortunately. Been here for two months now going on three. Gotta do a year of probation. Just not feeling all the hazing, the toxic culture and the pure psychopaths here :mjlol: Got this one bald Italian guy who has a temper like the devil and always yelling. The sergeant on my shift is a snake and always trying to set me up. All the senior guys in the department tryna shyt on me each chance they get. The chief is nice and one of the senior guys on the other shift are nice. They’re basically the only good things about the department. Even when I get off probation and guys start treating me “nice” I’ll have a sour taste in my mouth.

Tryna stay positive and look towards getting off probation but at this point I”m like “meh”. Was a dream job but now it’s just a job. Hard coming from somewhere I was the boss, made good money and easy days.

Tryna thug it out :dead:

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I’m in the burbs. Only black guy at the department unfortunately. Been here for two months now going on three. Gotta do a year of probation. Just not feeling all the hazing, the toxic culture and the pure psychopaths here :mjlol: Got this one bald Italian guy who has a temper like the devil and always yelling. The sergeant on my shift is a snake and always trying to set me up. All the senior guys in the department tryna shyt on me each chance they get. The chief is nice and one of the senior guys on the other shift are nice. They’re basically the only good things about the department. Even when I get off probation and guys start treating me “nice” I’ll have a sour taste in my mouth.

Tryna stay positive and look towards getting off probation but at this point I”m like “meh”. Was a dream job but now it’s just a job. Hard coming from somewhere I was the boss, made good money and easy days.

Tryna thug it out :dead:
I'm just going be real...

You must have a very soft, approachable, demeanor. I've worked in law enforcement the last 7 years. Very similar if not worst than firefighter. Them cacs won't DARE haze me. They hesitate to even speak to me first. From the rookies to the Colonel or Wardens.

And you don't have to be a bully or a$$hole, just let them know you don't play that shyt. The advantage to that job is like law enforcement....if there's a problem we can step in this closet or side room and bump.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
I'm just going be real...

You must have a very soft, approachable, demeanor. I've worked in law enforcement the last 7 years. Very similar if not worst than firefighter. Them cacs won't DARE haze me. They hesitate to even speak to me first. From the rookies to the Colonel or Wardens.

And you don't have to be a bully or a$$hole, just let them know you don't play that shyt. The advantage to that job is like law enforcement....if there's a problem we can step in this closet or side room and bump.

I’d agree on the demeanor part. I’m easy going and a cool guy. Kinda just going along with the program at the job. The other probies on the job are the same way because “that’s just how it goes” with hazing. Might have to get on your timing from now on. No more smiles or friendliness. Just here to work and get the job done

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I’d agree on the demeanor part. I’m easy going and a cool guy. Kinda just going along with the program at the job. The other probies on the job are the same way because “that’s just how it goes” with hazing. Might have to get on your timing from now on. No more smiles or friendliness. Just here to work and get the job done
See cacs have natural apprehension about us. They may try and brainwash themselves, but they're still scared the majority of black guys will whip that ass and embarrass them.

I'm cool when I'm on a job, but I don't get overly friendly. I'm not hanging with them or going for drinks. I come to work and skrt out when it's time to go.

After you get their minds right, then you can let them know you're human and have a sense of humor. But if you go in friendly right off the bat, they think you one of them Carlton Banks ass nikkas and will treat you like the fukkin house nikka.

If you already set a bad tone here's how you turn that around: You go in like "shiiiit that friendly stuff was just to get in here. Here's the real me :dame: .

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
what's your definition of bare minimum?
I ask because people be saying the same words but be speaking different languages
The bare minimum I would imagine is working enough to pay for shelter food and transportation