We all need our jobs.. but do you NEED your job????

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I'm all for people creating their own lane, even if it involves chasing clout. If it can help you achieve financial independence I'm all for it.

I support the naked hustle. There's an article out this morning from rubies rose where she states she traded morals for millions.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
No, everything in my life is purposely setup to where I do not need any job and I could walk away at any time. No debt, kids or wife. And no commitments to anything or location.

I'm sitting on a huge nest egg of savings that will be well into six figures soon I and live a low cost lifestyle, if I lost my job I could reduce even more spending.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Currently no for me. Will be quitting mine within the next four months just trying to line a few more things up. Not happy in my current role and one thing I’ve never done in life is be somewhere I’m not happy. I got another income stream I can work on increasing and enough cash to coast for a while even without that. I have freelanced and did my own thing most my life so it’s not a new way of living to me. Only difference is I got married since the last time I lived that way, but my wife is fully onboard for this transition as well.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
I was one of those people, didn’t start out that way though. Used to come in, get my job done and leave…but I was too successful and started to get noticed.

Ended up working and doing well at this place for long enough to be well known (but not promoted) and overly depended on (people def took advantage of my niceness and would ask for “help” on damn near everything).

Eventually I was getting too much placed on me, and inadvertently became a yes-man/mr fix was on call 24x7 every 4 weeks. I’d somehow made the job a part of my identity and once the IT job market started getting volatile I thought I HAD to do it all because I would possibly get let go.

Realized I was struggling mentally for a while because of this unhealthy relationship with my job. I made good money but was miserable and couldn’t enjoy it. Tried a few things to curb it but my management wasn’t supportive so I quit. Had to remind myself I’m more than the job and they’ll replace my ass with the quickness if I died (already seen it happen with 2 people while I was there).

Living like @Stuntone I’m done with IT for now

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Not gonna lie,

I need my job. It's not the most glamorous but what I make now, I had to work 50-60 hours a week to get what I get now on a 35hs.

I used to think I could save for a house putting $200-400 away a month in today's economy
:mjlol:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not gonna lie,

I need my job. It's not the most glamorous but what I make now, I had to work 50-60 hours a week to get what I get now on a 35hs.

I used to think I could save for a house putting $200-400 away a month in today's economy
:mjlol:
If you save $300 per month for 7 years at a 5% annual interest rate, you will accumulate $27,026
A cool down payment on a house
depending on the loan you get, you don't even need close to that much

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
If you save $300 per month for 7 years at a 5% annual interest rate, you will accumulate $27,026
A cool down payment on a house
depending on the loan you get, you don't even need close to that much
That would of been blessed before the pandemic, or 7 years ago but now shyts spooky.

A decent houses up here cost $500,000. Anything under and you're definitely getting into a bidding war, shoot probably anything high too lol.

Interest rate is 7.2% and the banks probably gonna put anyone who doesn't have at least 20% down on some sort of insurance.

We spoke to a bank and even with ~$50k what we have right now they're still not giving us a loan for anything over $400k.

Mind you we only have student debt(<15k).

I just wanna move out man, get married and have some babies.
:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't worked in 2 years :mjlol: July 22 I walked off my shutty job as a supervisor in a plastics factory. Got tired of having to ask my bosses for money and respect.
Told them I was sick of it and leaving in May. They give me a 2 dollar raise and a week vacation to "reset and cool off" took that vacation went back half assed it for a few weeks then just left a note on my desk one day when I left that I had quit:russ:
One lady noticed what was up chasing me into the parking lot yelling for me to stop. Just kept going.
Been fine so far but gonna have to go back to work eventually. Not trying to go back into that factory life though but that's all I did for 15 years besides working on a farm and gas station when I was young.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I haven't worked in 2 years :mjlol: July 22 I walked off my shutty job as a supervisor in a plastics factory. Got tired of having to ask my bosses for money and respect.
Told them I was sick of it and leaving in May. They give me a 2 dollar raise and a week vacation to "reset and cool off" took that vacation went back half assed it for a few weeks then just left a note on my desk one day when I left that I had quit:russ:
One lady noticed what was up chasing me into the parking lot yelling for me to stop. Just kept going.
Been fine so far but gonna have to go back to work eventually. Not trying to go back into that factory life though but that's all I did for 15 years besides working on a farm and gas station when I was young.
so how did you maintain the last 2 yrs

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I'm all for people creating their own lane, even if it involves chasing clout. If it can help you achieve financial independence I'm all for it.

I support the naked hustle. There's an article out this morning from rubies rose where she states she traded morals for millions.

What's the actual "success" we're going for here?

More money? Will this make her a better/ happier human being? Especially after having "sacrificed morals" :jbhmm:

How are you better with no morals? :dahell:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A

I did the same thing with my former job. Been there almost 10 years and one day said fukk Yall and didn't come back :russ:

Leading up to that day I was like I've been tolerating a childish volatile atmosphere for years and continuing to.. for what? "Because the money's good"??? FOH

I became a better man instantly overnight. My quality of life significantly increased and I don't mean financially I mean my overall experience of life. I'm not wound tight anymore like used to be. I don't expect jobs to be raining skittles and get along with everybody, that's unrealistic.. but now I know what I'll tolerate and what I absolutely won't.

I realized in the history of my life there has never been a time where I wasn't there for ME.. Never

No job is worth your inner peace and no job should be grasped onto for dear life, no matter how good the pay or easy it is.. fukk this job, I'll find another one like I found this one.

Last edited: