Watching Predator 2

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think they are mad that arnie didn't get the props like Danny Glover did.

It’s not that, at least for me. It’s just a huge drop in quality from the first to the second. It’s fun. It’s junky as hell. But it doesn’t have the same polish or attention to detail or chemistry.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I fukks with Predator 2. Not instant watch regardless of where in the film it is like Predator 1 is.

Danny Glover is on fire in this, especially while simultaneously being too old for this shyt in Lethal Weapon.

The Alien Easter egg :ohhh:

When Hardbody Harrigan is in the Predators ship :damn: and inspires Goldberg for his catchphrase years later, Who's Next? Always has me :pachaha:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah you’re right because the first movie was the purest form of the idea and had McTiernan when he was on fukking fire.

The predator much like predators will be its own thing and have to be judged on those merits. Predator 2, on its own merits, is an insane 80s action flick right in the beginning of the 90s. It’s not as good as the first but it does have its merits. Just like you said, it’s cheesy lol. It wants to be silly but also really serious. Much like the lauded and esteemed, tango and cash :wow:

Glover isn’t the problem nor is any of the stunt work or anything else. It’s just all over the place tonally and that’s on the director or editor or studio. Always is always will be

And now, more tango and cash

I think the tone is fine, it's about a violent city that's out of control and the P is there to get his hunt on. Nothing complicated or fancy, it misses McTiernan and some other things but the new weapons the predator has and uses were cool, I like how they expanded on that.

Bill Paxton was kind of forced in there but he wasn't totally useless but it's a sequel to one of the goat movies with a different director and star. We all know that was not going to match up but maybe that's why it's surprisingly good.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the tone is fine, it's about a violent city that's out of control and the P is there to get his hunt on. Nothing complicated or fancy, it misses McTiernan and some other things but the new weapons the predator has and uses were cool, I like how they expanded on that.

Bill Paxton was kind of forced in there but he wasn't totally useless but it's a sequel to one of the goat movies with a different director and star. We all know that was not going to match up but maybe that's why it's surprisingly good.

See the violent tone I don’t mind. It should be violent and a tad less restrained than the first movie. But it’s also got that goofiness and cheesiness that doesn’t work for me. And a lot of that is because of Paxton and Bussey and the attempts at satire. And I don’t think it juggled all that properly.

I know people like my best friend avoid the movie because they can’t get over it being Glover as the lead. I told him if the movie doesn’t work for him, it won’t be because of Glover. Danny does his thing and does the best with what he has

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
The Scorpio is Red-eeeeee!

Ty for this.

Prollu my single most repeated quote the year predator was released on tape. I musta been 5 when my cousins and uncle husdled round to watch this for first time. To my amazement the awesome fukk and titty scenes as a child 8-)

I always thought if predator was a solid 9.5, predator 2 was no less than an 8. And that the 2 together were better than alien 1 n 2

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Nah it's a cool action flick and expands the predator mythos.

No predator film will match the OG, not even this new one will come remotely close no matter how hard we hope @MartyMcFly.

I notice how no one states why this movie is so bad tho, few people mention Danny Glover but I thought he was fine. Kevin Peter Hall returned as the Predator was dope as he knew how to embody that creature as the predators in the other flicks are way to bulky and hulk like, they look terrible imo.

This movie had some really dope action and may be hokey at times but it's still a pretty dope sequel to me. Putting this movie back in the jungle would just be a rip off of part 1. :manny:

Everybody was good in their role. That can't be denied. BUT I think it's over the top to act like a predator that just wiped out a team of special forces wouldn't make light work of any police unit. I don't give a fukk how bad crime is suppose to be in the "future"

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Ty for this.

Prollu my single most repeated quote the year predator was released on tape. I musta been 5 when my cousins and uncle husdled round to watch this for first time. To my amazement the awesome fukk and titty scenes as a child 8-)

I always thought if predator was a solid 9.5, predator 2 was no less than an 8. And that the 2 together were better than alien 1 n 2

fukk NO. Just... Just No.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Yeah you’re right because the first movie was the purest form of the idea and had McTiernan when he was on fukking fire.

The predator much like predators will be its own thing and have to be judged on those merits. Predator 2, on its own merits, is an insane 80s action flick right in the beginning of the 90s. It’s not as good as the first but it does have its merits. Just like you said, it’s cheesy lol. It wants to be silly but also really serious. Much like the lauded and esteemed, tango and cash :wow:

Glover isn’t the problem nor is any of the stunt work or anything else. It’s just all over the place tonally and that’s on the director or editor or studio. Always is always will be

And now, more tango and cash

I like Tango and Cash more than Predator 2. Cmon now. The predator spends the last half of the movie RUNNING from Danny Glover. STOP IT.

*Danny Glover Crashes Through Window*

Danny Glover: This is the police.

Old Lady: I don't think he give's a shyt.

Cmon now. lol. But i do like it tho.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Predator 2 is absolute shyt.
Its sad as hell that there are people who think the movie is actually good.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Fine. BUT. it's not terrible. It's actually a pretty good for what it wants to be. If you judging it against Predator then yeah its probably bad. But I think most people dig it for what it is.
Its terrible.
It is rightfully compared to Predator because its a sequel to Predator and it fails in every manner.
most people as well as reviewers were greatly disappointed with the movie, because it was terrible and a disappointment.