Watching Batman the animated series for the first time

Daps
Reppin
NYC
conroy is the goat batman voice but he drew a lot of inspiration from keaton also. prior to keaton batman sounded like adam west.

in fact in terms of live action it still hasn't gotten better than keaton. he was the baddest dude under the mask and had the baddest voice.

"I made you... you made me first"

:whew:

egsteel

All Star
Daps
im not even a fan of DC shyt like that and i'll tell you that shyt IS the greatest cartoon ever
and Turtles
but I digress...

shyt was like late night drama in the afternoon for young folks
so many classic episodes

i showed my son the Clayface 2 parter and he was like "yooo!":dwillhuh:
Those clayface episodes are some of the deepest shyt i've ever seen in American cinema. The Victor Fries(Mr. Freeze) episodes were pretty heart wrenching too. The JLU episode where we get Terry Mcginnis' batman beyond backstory was also amazing.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
This was the best vision of Batman I ever saw, as a non comic book nerd. I remember watching it as a kid after school on Fox, like 3:30, me and my friends just grabbing the oreos and milk and all of us around the little tv. There was one really great episode where someone was stalking one of the Detective contacts Batman had, Bullock, that one stuck with me. All the episodes were really dark, and had this grim, nihilistic, gritty tone, that nothing since has been able to really capture. The Scarecrow was dark as fukk, as was the Mad Hatter, and a few others, had these tortured back stories, that made their warped personalities that much more effective.

I was in college when this dropped and we legit had the Rec Room TV on this daily and Tiny Toons and Animaniacs... And nobody complained.. everybody watched

I love the way Ra's only calls him detective and never Bruce or Batman..

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was in college when this dropped and we legit had the Rec Room TV on this daily and Tiny Toons and Animaniacs... And nobody complained.. everybody watched

I love the way Ra's only calls him detective and never Bruce or Batman..
That shyt was always dope to me. Even as a kid I was intrigued as hell by that

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What does age have to do with anything.. My 14 and 12 yr old daughters watched more DCAU than most of those here..
Only think she hasn't seen was Static and Freakazoid ..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That shyt was always dope to me. Even as a kid I was intrigued as hell by that

Its like a respect thing... He knows he's Bruce/Batman but spoiling that is no reward... Besides he was never interested in Bruce/BAtman .. all he wanted was a "smart" person to replace him and impregnate his daughter