Watching Batman the animated series for the first time

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
:dwillhuh:
I am truly conflicted on if I should Rep you or Neg you Breh.

:mindblown:
:wow:
Bruce Wayne HIMSELF had to take time out of his crime fighting schedule to tell you you fukked up breh. You know your L is fantastically humongous when the greatest crime fighter of all time stops fighting crime to prove a point :wow:

:ufdup:
:ufdup::ufdup::ufdup:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This was the best vision of Batman I ever saw, as a non comic book nerd. I remember watching it as a kid after school on Fox, like 3:30, me and my friends just grabbing the oreos and milk and all of us around the little tv. There was one really great episode where someone was stalking one of the Detective contacts Batman had, Bullock, that one stuck with me. All the episodes were really dark, and had this grim, nihilistic, gritty tone, that nothing since has been able to really capture. The Scarecrow was dark as fukk, as was the Mad Hatter, and a few others, had these tortured back stories, that made their warped personalities that much more effective.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Man I've been looking for the entire set for Batman TAS for years and I can't find it

I almost copped it a couple Christmases ago from FYE with Christmas money but I couldn't get around the whole dvd thing

Not on Blu-ray?

Nah it's not on blu yet and warners needs to get on that. I don't understand why it's not on blu

:whoa: Warner Bros. needs to focus on giving "Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero" and ESPECIALLY "Batman: Mask of the Phantasm" proper Blu-ray & Digital HD releases before they consider doing the TV show. The entire "Static Shock" series getting a proper DVD & Digital release also needs to be a hotter priority.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
lol did this turn into a @Reinscarf bashing thread? :russ:

He's not gonna have time brehs the Blue Jays will be back soon and he's gonna watch every inning of all 162 games :sas2:

You should see how fast he has bingewatched other shows in the past. There's no excuse why he hasn't watched the entire Timmverse yet.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Banes first episode:banderas:

When he was stuck in the dream:lawd:

Poison Ivys first episode :whew:

I got Seasons 1-3 and I watch the Bane episode alot these days...he really thought he had Batman scouted and beaten. Reminded me of the Onslaught story of 96...him challenging every hero and villain on earth without thinking about retreating.

Used to come on 5pm in San Diego...watched it like a true addict.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
This was the best vision of Batman I ever saw, as a non comic book nerd. I remember watching it as a kid after school on Fox, like 3:30, me and my friends just grabbing the oreos and milk and all of us around the little tv. There was one really great episode where someone was stalking one of the Detective contacts Batman had, Bullock, that one stuck with me. All the episodes were really dark, and had this grim, nihilistic, gritty tone, that nothing since has been able to really capture. The Scarecrow was dark as fukk, as was the Mad Hatter, and a few others, had these tortured back stories, that made their warped personalities that much more effective.

100% agree and for me, Heath Ledger's Joker converted TAS Joker to the real world IMO, with TAS Batman, you really could empathize with the villains to a degree, and combine it with Shirley Walker's music scoring, this is definitely the GOAT cartoon...

Mask of the Phantasm
:banderas:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Great post
+rep

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Yeah the show is great. I started to peep a few episode around late 2013. I fell off after a while tho. Great show regardless. Might have
to start watching it again tho.