watched "Training Day" for the first time in about 15-16yrs. Damn...

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
What a f*cking movie :wow:

Might be better than it was before to me

Being that its been so long, some of the parts felt like new. The tension was still there like it was yrs ago...maybe more now bc I understand the script/plot a little better now that I'm older.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
On some real life stuff, can you imagine what Ethan Hawkes character wouldve been thinking when Alonzo and them told him he was eating that self-defense homicide ?:damn:

Denzel dying at the end might be one of the few bad guy characters you weren't low key rooting for. It wasn't sad in any way when he got popped

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He might be referring to when Alonzo stopped by the ese's and left him there... Hoyt walked in with the money in like a coffee maker box and the Mexican shorty took the money in the back to count it

And it was also money that he helped steal and likely his share that he didn't want that was used.

That said,Denzel and Ethan Hawke both were great in that. It's crazy cuz the first time I watched it I wasn't sure if Denzel was a legit a$$hole or an ends justify the means borderline good cop until that scene where Hoyt almost gets killed.

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
"It's not what ya know, it's what you can prove"

Powerful line right there. You really have absolutely no idea what really happened at any crime scene unless there's actual video evidence.

Also

Jake: "I didn't shoot him"
Alonzo : "Room full of cops said you did"

That line is also very telling.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
"It's not what ya know, it's what you can prove"

Powerful line right there. You really have absolutely no idea what really happened at any crime scene unless there's actual video evidence.

Also

Jake: "I didn't shoot him"
Alonzo : "Room full of cops said you did"

That line is also very telling.
My favorite scene of that film :wow: