Wasn't a Goddamn Thing Wrong With After Earth

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
You c00ns on the Coli truly dissapoint me:stopitslime:

Everybody shytting on this movie like it was the worst movie of the summer, I get back from Afghanistan and get to peep it and I see a film about a BLACK father teaching his son how to be a man and face adversity in the midst of a life threatening situation...:gladbron:

But nikkas on here would rather Will Smith had played a slave in Quentin Cacintino's Revenge Fantasy?

In After Earth Will Smith was a respected general, a hero, a BLACK man who was the awe and envy of every one around him, a faithful husband to his BLACK wife, a stern but loving father and a man willing to sacrifice his career in attempts to reconnect with his family...

And all anybody got out of all of this was some bullshyt scientologist conspiracy mumbo jumbo:wtf:

fukk is wrong with some of y'all nikkas:dahell:

I'm not saying the movie was a masterpiece, but this being the worst movie if the summer and some black spot on Will Smith's acting career is pure bullshyt. There's NOTHING in this movie worse than the abortion of a blockbuster known as Wild Wild West:scusthov: Or the disappointing cheesiness of Men In Black 2:thumbsdown: . Will Smith actually wrote this films story and produced it, and I have to take my hat off to him for putting his money, time, resources, and effort into giving us Black excellence in he form of cultured, heroic, determined, intelligent, BLACK protagonists. This was the FIRST film in the Science Fiction/Fantasy genre to star two African Americans, Father and Son, as well as written and produced by the movie's star. We NEED more positive depictions of African American father/ son relationships in mainstream cinema and who else besides the world's most famous and bankable movie star to help being that message to the forefront? The African American community at large should've supported this film, instead it got shyt on by the media and Cac critics. The same critics who loved seeing Will be half drunk and simping over a Cac cave bytch in Hancock:demonic:

:salute: To Will Smith the Gawd

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:obama:

I have it downloaded, I'll try and watch it with the Mrs. this week.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
We see Keanu Reeves have that moment of understanding when he realizes he's the "One" and it's :wow:

We see Jaden Smith, with words of encouragement from his father have that moment of understanding and realize that he's the "One" and it's :what:

shyt is fukking ridiculous, an ENTIRE movie filled with Heroic Black excellence through and through and we shyt on it. Do you REALIZE that just 17 years ago Roland Emmerich had to FIGHT studio executives because Fox didn't want a black actor being the main hero in Independence Day? Now Will Smith writes and funds his own Science Fiction epic with his Son being the hero and we don't appreciate the cultural significance of this?

WHAT THE fukk PEOPLE

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
M Knight = auto hate
Jaden = auto hate
black fatherhood excellence on film = auto hate

shyt was a recipe to be shytted on by "critics" before even seeing it. Critic bias is rediculous on some cats.

mufukkaz was gettin mad at Jaden's performance as a 14 year old.....when he's a fukkING 14 YEAR OLD????? Guess they'd rather some nikka almost 30 play the role like cacs do... :beli:

Black fatherhood excellence = automatic :salute:review in my book...even if the movie was just okay (not horrible as these clown critics would say)

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie wasnt terrible but it wasn't great. It had cool moments but it was major flop and that's that. And will smith always plays a hero y'all acting like he can't play a character other than a hero. Django was a dope movie and Jamie killed it.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Movie wasnt terrible but it wasn't great. It had cool moments but it was major flop and that's that. And will smith always plays a hero y'all acting like he can't play a character other than a hero. Django was a dope movie and Jamie killed it.

You must've missed the part where Will both WROTE the film and PRODUCED it through his OWN company.

Django was cool but if I had the choice between writing, producing, and STARRING alongside my own son in the FIRST big budget Science Fiction film to star two African Americans and portraying a slave for a white man's vision then I'm choosing the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
You must've missed the part where Will both WROTE the film and PRODUCED it through his OWN company.

Django was cool but if I had the choice between writing, producing, and STARRING alongside my own son in the FIRST big budget Science Fiction film to star two African Americans and portraying a slave for a white man's vision then I'm choosing the former EVERY SINGLE TIME.
So he wrote and produced it..and?? Smith screwed up by hiring m.knight. major mistake...they also moved the movie up a week which worked against them in an already crowded summer. It was doomed to fail besides the supposed racism. Jayden needs a lot of work acting wise.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So he wrote and produced it..and?? Smith screwed up by hiring m.knight. major mistake...they also moved the movie up a week which worked against them in an already crowded summer. It was doomed to fail besides the supposed racism. Jayden needs a lot of work acting wise.

Don't forget that Will loaded it with Scientologist propaganda. I'm not trying to watch some cult promo film.