was Michael a better Godfather then Vito?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
he was too out of control, he would of been his own man

he would of lead the coreleones to ashes, him getting murked was the best for the family and i think vito always wanted michael to take over because he was smarter then his two brothers

vito was loved by his family, i dont think anybody loved michael.

I can see why you would say this, but as hotheaded as Sonny was, he listened to Tom as a consigliere.

Mike wasn't really trippin' off Tom, he treated him like a personal assistant. lol

Vito seemed like he didn't want Michael in the game, and Michael never wanted to be in it.
He always seemed like he didn't really want to be part of his "family" (don't ask how)...

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Michael was more ambitious, made the family richer and more powerful, made them legitimate. I also think Michael was more cutthroat than Vito was.

Vito however...the operation was smaller when he ran it, but it was more peaceful. Before he got sick and the wolves came out, he had sh*t under control. He also gets more credit for building the kingdom from the ground up while Mike got the keys handed to him. Vito died an elderly man playing in the garden with his grandson. Michael died all alone, his son hating him, his wife separated from him, his daughter dead, his brother Fredo dead and his nephew Vincent as the new don most likely taking the family right back into crime (atleast that what's Godfather 4 would have been about). The Godfather is more than just about business and politics.....its about family and Michael got a F minus in that department :ld:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i always thought sonnys b*stard child vincent corleone would have been a better don than Sonny. I really liked Vincent's character in GF3. he was hot headed but seemed more intelligent than sonny ever was. i just liked up the character page for him on wiki for shyts and giggles and i came upon this though i dont know how true it is:

"Coppola has said that Vincent is, roughly speaking, an amalgamation of the five Corleone family males. Coppola describes Vincent as having Vito's cunning, Michael's ruthlessness, Fredo's sensitivity, Sonny's fiery temper and Tom Hagen's absolute loyalty."

a mixture of all 5? :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah Vito wanted Michael to be in politics...not the family biz

actually u may be right. now that i think about it i feel like there was a convo between vito and michael about this? does vito say something like "i always envisioned you to be a lawyer or a senator or something" or am i just imagining shyt?

and i always said GF3 was a ill movie fukk the haters. sure it wasnt on the level of 1 and 2 but i think its a damn good movie

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The student will never be greater than the teacher. Vito by a mile. Vito knew that politics would progress the family more than getting into legitimate rackets. Their money would've never been respected

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i honestly didnt think he knew what he was doing
he was a idiot
i'll have to go back and watch the movies...but i'm sure from what i remember fredo was just an unloyal b*stard.
michael gave that fool a fair warning.
even worse, turning on your brother? well, i guess that gives the hand motion. especially when michael was the don.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Vito by far... He had compassion for his family and their well being.whereas Micheal is more psychotic and power hungry. Even to the point to where you kill your own brotber.. really Michael

CouldntBeMeTho

*has the morals of a alley cat
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Mike was given his power.

Vito is the one that built that shyt from the ground up. Vito>

tumblr_ms5svboTOT1sy4f06o1_500.gif

If we had more of the backstory on how Vito ascended to power, it would solidify his position as GOAT don :blessed:

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
actually u may be right. now that i think about it i feel like there was a convo between vito and michael about this? does vito say something like "i always envisioned you to be a lawyer or a senator or something" or am i just imagining shyt?

it was a scene when mike n vito talkin outside...it's when vito schooled him on how barzini will make his move

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Why is G.O.D Father Part 3 so hated on? Isnt that what happens to most organized crime syndicates over time, they go corporate?
Godfather 3 had some good moments but it had its problems too..
-Sophia Coppla can't act for sh*t and she sounded like a dumb nitwit with a valley girl accent.
-Michael's only son wants to be an opera singer:beli:really? They should've started him off singing opera but then realizing how gay it is he makes the switch and becomes a gangster and following in his father's footsteps. That would've made a better storyline for him.

-Why in the f*ck is George Hamilton so orange in this flick. His tan was on a 100x trillion. Everytime you hear anything about Godfather 3 somebody is gonna bring up dudes tan.

-Michael should've accepted that he had Fredo killed instead of loathing it. Did he actually think that making a decision like that was gonna age like fine wine. After the anger went away he should've known that sh*t was gonna eat him up til the day he died.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mike was given his power.

Vito is the one that built that shyt from the ground up. Vito>

tumblr_ms5svboTOT1sy4f06o1_500.gif

If we had more of the backstory on how Vito ascended to power, it would solidify his position as GOAT don :blessed:

between GF2, the book, and the deleted scenes theres plenty of backstory on his rise to power. his spot is solidified as best movie don ever.

actually yo, i suggest all you GF fans to watch the deleted scenes from these 3 movies. i have the special edition trilogy set that came out a long time ago but theres like no joke an hours worth of deleted scenes. and you can watch them all back to back like a movie. theres mad deleted scenes from the young vito days