Was Listening to Issac Hayes on Youtube and Was Recommended this Japanese 80's Artist [Check Update]

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
So I made a topic on this group but realize that introduced alone might not go over as well as just presenting it in a topic most people are open-minded to new shyt.

Found this new group the same way I found OP, in the Youtube rabbit hole. They're called Wednesday Campenella and I found it because I was entertained by their videos but ended up enjoying the music, and the cool thing is most of their videos are subtitled in english. Its experimental electronic music and the producer actually was part of Hydeout productions which is the late Nujabes label and you can hear the similarities in the productions and use of jazz and Japanese sounds.

All their songs seem to revolve around folk lore or historical figures and I thought that was new and interesting and their videos are entertaining as hell.

Here is the first video I saw that is based on Aladdin and the magic lamp. Click the closed captions to see the subtitles

Let me know what you think on this group. I'll add more in subsequent post unless everyone agrees its wack

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Another video based on a Japanese fable about Momotaro, The Peach Boy who befriends a dog, monkey and pheasant by giving them "kibi-dango (millet dumplings). Again subtitled using closed captions
Momotarō - Wikipedia

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Shame alot of this isn't on streaming services..

I might have to get google music so I can download and stream these.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Song about an old children anime charcter called Ikkyu-san (Some of the dancing isn't from harlem though :dame:)

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
One more video. No subtitles on this one but you can hear the Nujabes similarities I was talking about in the production that the dude obviously brought over from producing with him.

Lyrics said:
The flame sway sway sway sway sway sway sway sway sway sways
The gin glisten glisten glisten glisten glisten glistens discreetly

Give me a match Let me see a dream

Meat Meat Meat Meat Meat Meat cuisine
Full Full Full Full Full Full Full Course
Tonight's a party night I can't eat any more
Evening Evening Evening Evening Evening Evening the sun sets

Spin Spin Spin Spin Spin Spin the night spins
Make me shine Give me warmth
Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream Dream Dreamy
Imi Imi Imi Imi Imi Imi Imitation

Everything's imgainary through it's real

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love this genre of music. It reminds me of the anime boom back in the early 2000s. :wow:
Staying up past bedtime to watch Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc. on Adult Swim :ahh:
Today's kids will never know that feeling :mjcry: