Was Listening to Issac Hayes on Youtube and Was Recommended this Japanese 80's Artist [Check Update]

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
5-star thread.

That song in OP was just too beautiful for words :banderas::whew::mjcry:

Hopefully this song is on Apple Music cuz it’s definitely going on my Jazz playlist.

Edit: It’s not on there :mjcry:
Alot of the piff Japanese stuff aint on streaming services:mjcry:

Tatusuro Yamashyta got some piff:ohlawd:

Piff production breh like the Japanese Babyface:pachaha:

⚡⚡⚡

Pro
Daps

I'm really liking this. Pretty dope album as well, released like a month ago, very chill, ambient type vibes.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I just discovered a early 90's African American R&B group based in Japan, they seem to be well regarded in Japan, folks even do covers of their songs. I wanna know why base yourself in Japan instead of other English Speaking countries?

Look man, a lot of the music industry is about connections.

If you don't have the right management or agent or record label or you're not with the right cliques or sleeping with the right people, that all can hinder you making it in America or in any country.

On the flipside, the people you're working with might have connects in Japan that they don't have in the US or England or somewhere.

It's crazy how many American musicans find success overseas while they can't even get a cup of coffee here.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Look man, a lot of the music industry is about connections.

If you don't have the right management or agent or record label or you're not with the right cliques or sleeping with the right people, that all can hinder you making it in America or in any country.

On the flipside, the people you're working with might have connects in Japan that they don't have in the US or England or somewhere.

It's crazy how many American musicans find success overseas while they can't even get a cup of coffee here.

You make good points indeed, it makes total sense based how business and the music industry operates. I remember during the mid-'90s to early 2000's many Americans that were obscure backgrounds singers found some sort of success in Europe specifically Germany. Big L was pretty big in Europe and Japan pre-death he did a lot of tours there, brothers here noted that L pretty much got more popular in the U.S. post-death in the 2000s whereas in Europe from the mid to late 90's he was well regarded. Majority of the golden generation rappers find success in Europe in terms of getting booked for shows compared to the U.S. unless they are invited to a big festival.