Was Listening to Issac Hayes on Youtube and Was Recommended this Japanese 80's Artist [Check Update]

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Was listening to Hung on My Baby by Issac Hayes and was recommended this video. Never heard of her and listened to it out of curiosity. I was shocked. The music at least is pretty dope chillout jazz tune.Could imagine listening to this on a late night drive and feeling relaxed.

:leon: Someone needs to sample this shyt. The intro is pretty chill and sounds good. Of course I don't understand a word she says after that.
@Fatboi1

Got some decent Jazz guitar in there at 3 minutes in. Figured I share since I felt I found a little gem.

This is good.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I was digging through samples on YouTube and was surprised at some I found, this was one of my favorites here

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Don’t sleep on Japan. You could find a lot of gems from old school anime, megumi hayashibara was something else. When the jazz kicks in at 3 minutes into the song:ohlawd:

Even then they’ve got a lot of great artists not relegated to the past. Another favorite of mine is daisuke kawaguchi.

Sam.I.Am

All Star
Daps
Don’t sleep on Japan. You could find a lot of gems from old school anime, megumi hayashibara was something else. When the jazz kicks in at 3 minutes into the song:ohlawd:

Even then they’ve got a lot of great artists not relegated to the past. Another favorite of mine is daisuke kawaguchi.

You're not wrong on that:wow:

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I'm an 80's kid, so all types of the 80's funk/jazz I love:blessed:
I remember I stumbled upon a japanese dude who sampled the "hey dj" beat and been peeping this stuff out. I guess in japan the genre is called "citypop".

Damn I came in here to post After 5 Clash :russ:

I still got gems tho

80’s Japanese R&B wasn’t nothing to fukk with :wow:

Last edited:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Okay OP, time to change the name of the thread to The Japanese music thread or something.

Too much heat has been dropped

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not just Japan but lots of 80s hong Kong music sounds similar but compared to Japan it's relatively small.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Was listening to Hung on My Baby by Issac Hayes and was recommended this video. Never heard of her and listened to it out of curiosity. I was shocked. The music at least is pretty dope chillout jazz tune.Could imagine listening to this on a late night drive and feeling relaxed.

:leon: Someone needs to sample this shyt. The intro is pretty chill and sounds good. Of course I don't understand a word she says after that.
@Fatboi1

Got some decent Jazz guitar in there at 3 minutes in. Figured I share since I felt I found a little gem.

Japan for some reason always did black music well...:manny: