was Joel a good guy or bad guy in The Last of Us

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
joel.jpg

alot of his decisions in the game were selfish...especially the ending

but he also did alot of questionable things..

what do you guys think

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well he was a good guy in the short term, but a bad guy in the long term. He let his emotions fukk with saving the world. He saved a child, but potentially doomed humanity. He was myopic.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Well he was a good guy in the short term, but a bad guy in the long term. He let his emotions fukk with saving the world. He saved a child, but potentially doomed humanity. He was myopic.

Joell can be coined a bad guy for not making the choice to give up Ellie, but humanity was already in a shythole for 20 years. Hell Ellie wasn't even a guaranteed method of cure.

And if those surgeons and Marlene ended up with a cure and could mass produce it...humans are difficult as fukk and make everything political. The Fireflies would have HUGE pull in the US, and they already were taking L's in their war with the FEDRA, so I doubt that shyt would go smoothly. The Hunters in Pittsburgh were straight up savages, fukk saving them nikkas. :camby:

To think Ellie would be sacrificed and the world would be fixed is crazy optimistic breh.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Joell can be coined a bad guy for not making the choice to give up Ellie, but humanity was already in a shythole for 20 years. Hell Ellie wasn't even a guaranteed method of cure.

And if those surgeons and Marlene ended up with a cure and could mass produce it...humans are difficult as fukk and make everything political. The Fireflies would have HUGE pull in the US, and they already were taking L's in their war with the FEDRA, so I doubt that shyt would go smoothly. The Hunters in Pittsburgh were straight up savages, fukk saving them nikkas. :camby:

To think Ellie would be sacrificed and the world would be fixed is crazy optimistic breh.
From a cold-blooded standpoint a slight chance is worth it.

But if it's my child, I'd find it very hard to do.

It shoulda been her choice, but then again she was young and not fully capable of making decisions.

shyt's a tough call. That's why the story was so good. There's really no right answer here.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
From a cold-blooded standpoint a slight chance is worth it.

But if it's my child, I'd find it very hard to do.

It shoulda been her choice, but then again she was young and not fully capable of making decisions.

shyt's a tough call. That's why the story was so good. There's really no right answer here.

Fireflies didn't even ask Ellie if she would give up her life. Marlene got her prepped for surgery while knocked out cold when she was forced by her peers. :dahell: If Joel was a selfish bad guy the Fireflies are just as bad. They even wanted him dead after delivering Ellie.

Cure would have done nothing. 60% of humanity gone and society was way too fragmented for the cure to go full scale. Tommy's establishment also shows that they didn't really need it anyway.