Was i the only one that stopped watching Family Matters once it turned into the Steve Urkel show?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are now binging full house and I can say the first season of the show was suprisingly good for a sitcom especially dealing with dark premise . I guess because I related to seeing black faces I alway thought family matters was miles ahead but so far this first season is crushing it

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Nah it was 3j a street tough kid with a heart of gold , we recently restreamed the show and looking at it as and adult - 1) I can tell when I got to a older age because i remember those episodes more
2) urkel ( outside of breaking every thing ) became like a saint lol the winslows used him then next episode they’d forget and be like f u Steve

lol we saw family matters . I want a continuation of the show , one thing I think is Jahlil had it tough. The seasoned actors were mad as if he wrote the show and forced himself into the spotlight and he was a kid starting out . It seemed like they were alittle too resentful
Yeah 3J was his name and Richie became his boy so if they took Richie off what happened to 3J?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Urkel is a classic character for sure
And by default Family Matters gets the classic stamp because of Urkel and nostalgia

But when you line it up with the other classics of its time (Martin, Fresh Prince, Living Single, Wayans Bros, Moesha etc.) it doesn't belong in the same class and it's not even close.
Family Matters was an average to below average show that just had an iconic character.
It was better than Moesha and Wayan Bros. bruh.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Hmmmm

Moesha I agree was trash but Wayan’s Bros was funny
It was aight....

Jamie Foxx show >>>

1. Martin
  2. Fresh Prince
  3. Living Single
  4. Jamie Foxx show
  5. Family Matters
(As far as comedy comedy shows)

Honorable mentions:
  • The Steve Harvey show
  • A different world
  • The Cosby Show
  • My wife and kids
  • The Bernie Mac show
I can't even put Wayan bros in my top 10. The Ms. Pat Show beats it easily.

Also Sister Sister and Smart guy >> Moesha - it was trash especially ended it on a cliff note where Miles got kidnapped.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was aight....

Jamie Foxx show >>>

1. Martin
  2. Fresh Prince
  3. Living Single
  4. Jamie Foxx show
  5. Family Matters
Honorable mentions:
  • The Steve Harvey show
  • A different world
  • The Cosby Show
  • My wife and kids
  • The Bernie Mac show
I can't even put Wayan bros in my top 10.

Also Sister Sister and Smart guy >> Moesha - it was trash especially ended it on a cliff note where Miles got kidnapped.

The Bernie Mac show didn’t hit like that for me. Smart Guy i would put above some of those other shows but it had a short run (3* seasons)

I think Girlfriends should be in the top 10 also

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
The Bernie Mac show didn’t hit like that for me. Smart Guy i would put above some of those other shows but it had a short run (2 seasons)

I think Girlfriends should be in the top 10 also
Girlfriends was criminally underrated. You're right. It would replace the Bernie Mac show.

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I watched it when it already became the steve urkel show.. didn’t see the og s1 episodes till the early 2000s
I watched it during tgif.. they didn’t rerun the old episodes I don’t believe just the latest seasons

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
It wasn’t the best show, but it wasn’t the worst either.

It did get really corny at a certain point. I’ve only seen a few episodes since I’ve been an adult.