Was Generation X The Biggest Loser Generation?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Everytime I have a discussion with somebody, and they explain their point of view without proof or evidence I just think in my head "that dumbass train of thought is because of baby boomers and gen x"

no such thing as objectivity to a baby boomer....

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
CROTCH-CHOP.gif

:laff: :gladbron: :pachaha:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
i woulnt say anyone born after 92 or 93 is Gen Y. The whole purpose of Generations is to examine them through shared experiences...

the Baby Boomers for instance currently run the world. If they had kids early they kids were Gen X if late then they were Gen Y. Baby Boomers grew up in the civil rights movement but dont really remember it. They had wartime parents, prolly had older siblings in Vietnam and came up in the 70's

Gen Y, the generation i'm in i would say is from like 83-93 those are some shared experiences there. Crack epidemic, Remembering life BEFORE the internet and cell phones, the best TV programming ever, evolving and growing WITH hip-hop as a mainstream artform. And the 1st generation to embrace technology on a massive scale.

Gen Z imo, is a worthless gen so far but they are too young to really say so. They are kind of a rehash of X simply because people born in Gen X gave BIRTH to Gen Z. Gen Y are the next leaders of the world simply because we embraced the communications and understood the world around us like no other generation....

Gen Y is also skeptical because of this...i prefer to call it Gen "Why". We question everything and in turn that makes us the better objective thinkers than Gen X who shunned progression in favor of personal rebellion and Gen Z who just prefer to not think at all.

Powerful posting.

Lots of interesting ideas in this thread.

So..........how do y'all feel about the OJ Simpson verdict playing into this? I was born in 87 and still remember the entire saga. nikkas born just a few years later in like 91 or some shyt look at that the same way I might look at the Berlin wall...shyt happened in my lifetime but I didn't really know about it.

I was in like second grade, and I remember a teacher from another class walking in and talking to another teacher about the verdict....:birdman: (They were white, and although I didn't really catch it back then, in retrospect, they were bitter as fukk)

I didn't really have much of a grasps of racism back then, so I didn't really understand any racial element....to me it was all about that Bronco, and the fact that my parents had the same car...:laugh:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Baby Boomers are the worst fukking thing ever to happen to this country.

Racist, close minded, petty, bitter, anti-academic, podunk, chauvinistic, STUPID!

I really really hope that people may age aren't going to grow up like them but I dunno man. You see people in there 20's and 30's being just as racist and bigoted as people in their 50's and 60's. People think things are getting better but I don't know...seems like there will be many a Laura Ingraham and Bill O'Reilly in the future.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Powerful posting.

So..........how do y'all feel about the OJ Simpson verdict playing into this? I was born in 87 and still remember the entire saga. nikkas born just a few years later in like 91 or some shyt look at that the same way I might look at the Berlin wall...shyt happened in my lifetime but I didn't really know about it.

I was in like second grade, and I remember a teacher from another class walking in and talking to another teacher about the verdict....:birdman: (They were white, and although I didn't really catch it back then, in retrospect, they were bitter as fukk)

I didn't really have much of a grasps of racism back then, so I didn't really understand any racial element....to me it was all about that Bronco, and the fact that my parents had the same car...:laugh:

I remember it. My aunt was recording the entire thing on VHS. Then my Dad recorded over it. lol

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Powerful posting.

Shyt polarized the faculty in my school man, i remember it too. All the white teachers were :sadcam: over the verdict...i remember they sent us all to gym while they watched it in the gym teachers office. It was all fukked up.

Luckily, i went to a school that was quite racially diverse so Race (even to this day) didn't/never mean/meant much to me. But it was interesting to get on side of the ball at school while the fam at home was like :umad:

Seriously though, Gen Z are fukked when you think about it..these kids have never seen American Prosperity in the form WE know it in, don't know an America not in a war, don't remember 9/11 and will prolly NEVER have the block poppin with kids outside playing (cuz they asses is all on gears of war)

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
born in 90
i think our generation even late 80s
spend wayyy to much money
we are the most consuming generation i think so

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
born in 90
i think our generation even late 80s
spend wayyy to much money
we are the most consuming generation i think so

yeah baby boomers save

gen x has ass crap for credit

and gen y just spends on entertainment and is deep to our neck in school loans

but at least we ain't gen x bad though :dj2:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Baby Boomers are the worst fukking thing ever to happen to this country.

Racist, close minded, petty, bitter, anti-academic, podunk, chauvinistic, STUPID!

I really really hope that people may age aren't going to grow up like them but I dunno man. You see people in there 20's and 30's being just as racist and bigoted as people in their 50's and 60's. People think things are getting better but I don't know...seems like there will be many a Laura Ingraham and Bill O'Reilly in the future.

man my ex is like this to a T

she was raised by nothing but baby boomers and gen x folks

her logic just leaves me like :what: when she opens her mouth with an opinion on life

great threads brehs....generational differences explain a lot about the fukked up mentality going on in the world

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
yeah baby boomers save

gen x has ass crap for credit

and gen y just spends on entertainment and is deep to our neck in school loans

but at least we ain't gen x bad though :dj2:

yep
think about it motherfukkas be goin through like 5 phones a year like it aint
nothing

you can have a child nowadays and by the time they 2 yeasrs old they know what mcds,wendys, candy brands all that shyt

full fledged consumer and they didnt even have to change to break the mold

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
has there not been a generation that wasn't fukked up though?