Was Generation X The Biggest Loser Generation?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Alot of youngins in here. Im Gen Y tho. Honestly speaking, besides Zuckerburg ushering in social media, our Gen hasnt really done anything major yet. We need more shinning stars.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Born in 1987 and I LOVE IT. I didn't have the internet until 97/98 (That AOL :smugfavre:)...this is a GOOD thing. I still remember those early years without the internet and while I obviously love it, I can still recognize all of the horseshyt it's brought along. If you're a dude born in like 91 or some shyt you might be in the same boat (Especially if your family was hood..some of y'all probably didn't get the net until like 2005 :lolbron:).

People in my year also got a decent taste of the whole grunge/alternative movement. We weren't necessarily involved...but I remember when MTV was relevant as fukk and seeing Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkin videos premier like it was a big deal. Remember Pac and Bigs death like what the fukk is going on around here.

87 is late in the decade, but them few years mean EVERYTHING. I don't give a fukk about an arbitrary "generation".

These 2000 babies are gonna be fukked in the head brehs....these dudes don't know shyt about a netless world. I really wonder how the internet is going to affect race relations. I didn't even really "know" racism until the internet, I mean, obviously everyone knows about it and eventually is exposed to it...but I still remember being "enlightened" to true demonism. These young cats growing up reading fox news comments sections....:merchant: My 7 year old nephew has a youtube channel out here....:wtf:

90's babies.....I ain't mad at cha....y'all make for good jail baits....:shaq:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm a 84 baby, so which generation do I represent again :yeshrug:

All, I know people my age is feeling the ramification (thanks Mr.Feeny) of the greedy dinosaurs who fukked up the economy.

Go to school get your 4 year degree and you're foot will be in the door :pacspit:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I'm a 84 baby, so which generation do I represent again :yeshrug:

All, I know people my age is feeling the ramification (thanks Mr.Feeny) of the greedy dinosaurs who fukked up the economy.

Go to school get your 4 year degree and you're foot will be in the door :pacspit:

your a Millennial or generation y.

anyone born in the 70's is generation x

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Baby boomers are probably the worst. They are the ones in power now and just flat out destroying this country. The younger generation is in unbelievable amount of debt, we're in countless wars, we're losing more and more freedom and there's not really jobs like that for all this college we have to go through.

BINGO.

Gen Xer, but I came of age in the 80s/early 90s. :obama:

Baby Boomers and their fukkin greed destroyed this country...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Baby boomers are probably the worst. They are the ones in power now and just flat out destroying this country. The younger generation is in unbelievable amount of debt, we're in countless wars, we're losing more and more freedom and there's not really jobs like that for all this college we have to go through.

:bustback: at them for leaving us with ruins for us to try and piece back together.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I was born in 1990,. I grew up listening to the same rappers 80s kids listened to. Mainly 2pac, Nas, & Jay. The same can be said for most people born before 95.

No, it is not true of most people born before 1995. I have friends who teach those kids. Quite frankly, people born from 86-91 are really more closely related as group as far as experiences go than they are to the rest of the 80s babies or 90s babies.

Born in '89. *Gets to claim being an 80s baby, but grew up on the cartoons of 90s kids* :obama:

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Im gonna keep it real. The internet back in the day was a luxury. In 1996-97 ish. More suburban white kids had the net. Im talking pre-AOL "Prodigy" days. Around 98 everybody had a computer. Cell Phones werent as big back then as they were now.They were Zach Morris like :laugh: or just a simple phone..... Back in the day we actually sat down and wrote lettes to grandma etc....we the last real generation (80 babies)

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Us 80s babies need our own category, let's be real here.. best generation since our grandparents'.. 90s babies buncha hipsters :smugdraper:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i woulnt say anyone born after 92 or 93 is Gen Y. The whole purpose of Generations is to examine them through shared experiences...

the Baby Boomers for instance currently run the world. If they had kids early they kids were Gen X if late then they were Gen Y. Baby Boomers grew up in the civil rights movement but dont really remember it. They had wartime parents, prolly had older siblings in Vietnam and came up in the 70's

Gen Y, the generation i'm in i would say is from like 83-93 those are some shared experiences there. Crack epidemic, Remembering life BEFORE the internet and cell phones, the best TV programming ever, evolving and growing WITH hip-hop as a mainstream artform. And the 1st generation to embrace technology on a massive scale.

Gen Z imo, is a worthless gen so far but they are too young to really say so. They are kind of a rehash of X simply because people born in Gen X gave BIRTH to Gen Z. Gen Y are the next leaders of the world simply because we embraced the communications and understood the world around us like no other generation....

Gen Y is also skeptical because of this...i prefer to call it Gen "Why". We question everything and in turn that makes us the better objective thinkers than Gen X who shunned progression in favor of personal rebellion and Gen Z who just prefer to not think at all.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If you was not in high school or middle school before 99 then you are not an 80's baby