Was Family Matters One of the Worst Acted Sitcoms in History?

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
If you were on an island,
And had a television,
And you had to chose between,
Family Matters and The Parker's,
Which show would you chose?
:sadcam:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
If you were on an island,
And had a television,
And you had to chose between,
Family Matters and The Parker's,
Which show would you chose?
:sadcam:

Family Matters >>> Watching Two Coconuts >>> Jumping into the ocean fighting the sharks to swim to shore >>> dying in the sun due to heatstroke >>> Watching The Parkers :birdman:

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
what about homeboys in outer space?

prince did the theme song :mj:

Last edited by a moderator:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Family Matters had a dope 4-5 year run from like season 2-6. The rest of that shyt is almost unwatchable. And it's a fukking travesty that it took so long for anybody to mention my nikka Weasel

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
family matters

just for laura, myra (r.ip :() and maxine, and aunt harriet eye candy

THIS NICCA HERE SAID "AUNT HARRIET" EYE CANDY.

By that, i'm assuming you mean that you would rather jam a jawbreaker in your eye when Aunt Harriet comes on screen.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
It got bad when Urkel hit puberty... the early seasons his nerdiness was natural and funny, but once his voice changed he seemed too extra with it...
Jaleel had grown up :manny:

and then the 3J storyline was just corny.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
homeboys-in-outer-space.jpg

:scusthov:

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps
THIS NICCA HERE SAID "AUNT HARRIET" EYE CANDY.

By that, i'm assuming you mean that you would rather jam a jawbreaker in your eye when Aunt Harriet comes on screen.

I remember a Family Matters thread on :hamster: where some nikka was complaining about how every time Harriet walked downstairs in a dress, the audience would go "whoooooo!!!!" like she was fine all of a sudden.....nikka said each time they did that, he was like ":gag: bytch, take your ass back upstairs"

shyt had me :dead:

Family Matters had a dope 4-5 year run from like season 2-6. The rest of that shyt is almost unwatchable. And it's a fukking travesty that it took so long for anybody to mention my nikka Weasel

Personally, I would say it was more like seasons 3-7. I think season 2 was where it just started to pick up, while you could start to see that they were running it to the ground by season 7 even though there were still some good episodes by then

Seasons 1 & 2 were just flat-out wack and unfunny (like a lot of sitcoms around that time) with the exception of Urkel, who was a breath of fresh air among a group of mediocre-as-hell characters....and even then, he didn't start to really be entertaining/funny up until season 3.....before then, I think people just liked him because his character was so unique and loveable in a weird kind of way.....remember, Urkel started out as just a weak, sniveling, clumsy genius kid who chased after Laura, not so much a funny kid with one-liners, epic destruction of property and crazy inventions that helped to put him over

The last 2 seasons were wack because they did too much with the sci-fi shyt with Urkel's inventions (pirate fights, teleporting to Paris, cloning, reading minds, etc). They had a lot of corny, almost non-canonical episodes by this time (Valentines and Halloween 'Stevil' episodes). Also, by that time, nobody cared about the other characters anymore, and only BARELY still cared about Steve

But nearly everything in between was fukking CLASSIC and had funny side characters (Waldo, Weasel, Myra, Lt. Murtagh, etc.)....and that's why I can't agree with nikkas saying it was a WOAT sitcom. It was far from the worst overall, even when it fell off......although I guess it's easy to shyt on a sitcom that has someone like Urkel as its star